William Moore, S, Missouri

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by RipTraxx, Jan 22, 2009.

1. RipTraxx

RipTraxx Free Agent

A lot of mock drafts have us taking this kid. I never heard of him before i started looking at them. Anyone know anything or at least watch him play?

:d:

2. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

He's overrated and will be lucky to go in the first round. He managed to get a bunch of INTs his junior season, but he is bad in coverage. He profiles more as a SS, but he's not that good of a tackler. Scouts at the senior bowl are talking about how he may have to move to LB in the NFL. Think Thomas Davis, but not as good of a hitter or tackler. I wouldn't touch him. We need a safety who is good in coverage, so we may be better off going after Rashad Johnson or maybe Louis Delmas in the second round.

3. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

Maybe we can get him in the second round...

4. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Senior at Missouri. Had a stellar junior year and a less than stellar senior season to say the least. Added additional weight which he'll need to shed to be effective in the pros. Stock is slipping and will need to have a good senior bowl to gain any ground he lost. Should go in the mid 20's to mid 2nd round, imo. I would be dissappointed if he were selected by us at #15.

The mocks having him go to us in the 1st are purely basing that off of the team's need for a safety. We will not reach for a guy like that, especially with us not placing that high of a emphasis for a top safety in the past. That is unless Gibbs throws a fit over him in which case Bush, Kubiak, Smith and Kollar have the trump card. There WILL be higher rated players at other positions of need in the 1st. If he's available in the 2nd, I think they'll take a good long look at him.

5. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Exactly. His ability to cover, or lack therefore of, is being exposed at the Senior Bowl.

I want no part of him.

6. RipTraxx

RipTraxx Free Agent

So this is another Roy Williams?

7. DoCRoN

DoCRoN Veteran

I've seen 3 or 4 mocks (NBC, ESPN, couple others) and none have us taking him. I'm seeing a lot of DE or CB picks slotted for us at 15.

8. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

I don't think he's that good. Roy could atleast hit like a monster, at one time, I'm not sure Moore can even do that.

9. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Really, how hard is it to spot the draft forum? If we need to label it differently or something, do tell.

Errant Hothy likes this.
  10. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Threetoedpete and myself have been giving y'all the wrap on Moore for weeks now.

Some internet scouts get hung up on measurables and rank this guy high. Then you see everybody listing him high in their mock drafts and such.

On draft day, this guy's phone number better not even be on our list.

11. Blake

Blake MMQB

I still think he goes round 1. Someone will fall in love with his size and the rest will be history.

12. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I agree.

Delmas is the #1 FS on my board, but I think Moore will be drafted first.

13. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

He was rated a 1st rounder after his junior year, he fell off the planet this year and the scouts are now talking about moving him to LB, not good talk for a DB. His fall is one of the biggest question at the Senior Bowl, I do not pick him at all. He worries me to much.

So that leaves us with no 1st round Safety in this draft. Chung is now the highest rated on most list.

14. Texan JBZ

Texan JBZ Da Sip's Finest

I hope Taylor Mays, CJ Spiller, Terrance Cody, Jermaine Gershame, Gerald McCoy, Brandon Spikes, Van Chancellor, and Greg Hardy are paying attention to what is happening to William Moore. Had he come out after his junior season, he would have been a 1st-rounder without a doubt. But no, he wanted to go back to college to prove that he's obviously not worthy of being selected that high. Now, scouts are talking about him being a LB instead of a Safety. I bet he regrets returning for a subpar season now. Gotta strike when the iron's hot young men!

15. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Next years safety class is going to be filled with studs.

16. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

NFL scouts realize Moore was playing hurt in '08, and that will be factored into their evaluations.

"You give him an 'A' for effort in playing hurt," said a veteran NFC personnel executive, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "And that's why you always go back and look at their junior and senior year, because that gives you the full body of work of what they're doing. A healthy William Moore is a hell of a football player."

I believe he missed at least 2 games with an ankle injury.
    And he also has problems with the ribs at one point as well.
    He might have suffer another injury in the bowl game if I remember correctly.

We'll see if he can come back to form.
    I wouldnt mind taking him in the 2nd.

17. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

I think that Moore will fall to at least the mid 2nd round and possibly late 2nd or early 3rd. He might wind up being a diamond in the rough for some team someday but I want no part of him for the Texans. I hope Delmas or possibly Chung lasts til our 2nd round pick but I'm having doubts.

18. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Chung or Delmas in the second and Moore in the third?:shades:

19. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

I agree Im all about either taking Delmas or Chung.

20. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

I think with Moore falling badly, Chung and Delmas could go very late 1st round or very early 2nd round if they continue to have a great Senior Bowl and have a good combine. I've seen some mocks listing Chung in the middle of the 1st round and Delmas in the late 1st as well. These guys rising up the charts just makes me realize even more that Taylor Mays made a really bad decision by listening to Pete Carroll and that Pete talked a kid into doing what was best for Pete Carroll and USC, not what was best for Taylor Mays.