Will the moral victory crowd please shut up!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Pantherstang84, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

Enough with the "we took them to the wire" crap. Ok? Just shut up already!

You ***** about not getting recognition from the national press. Today was the day to make a statement. This was the chance. Instead the Texans looked like the freaking Keystone Cops out there and you want to say we gave them a good game. That's what losers do.

Do you realize that if the Texans had won today that EVERY football writer on the North American continent would have been our bitches this week.

Instead the Texans were a head case from the beginning. I would rather they stay in Houston and forfeit the game than to pull the crap they did today. What a freaking joke.

Hervoyel likes this.
  2. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

yes this team is supposed to be past Moral Victorys we want to WIN ..... has far has me has a fan i want to WIN Superbowls !!!!!!

3. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Who are you talking to?

4. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Another overreaction.

This is the NFL. There's a winner and a loser (usually). The Texans lost a close game to the best team in the NFL. The Texans are still 5-4 and in the middle of the wildcard hunt. This one loss is not the end of the 2009 season.

mariowillshine15 likes this.
  5. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

We definitely would have gotten a lot of positive pub if we'd won, but we did take them to the wire ...

:D

(kidding, of course)

6. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

ummm i think we impressed more people that werent texans fans then didnt impress... so i dunno what ur talking about buddy..... im in canada and they showed the texans game instead of the pats and miami game... that means alot here cause there are so many pats fans here... everyone this week was saying how the texans were gonna get destroyed.... but... we didnt... so i think u should stop complaining about the complainers and maybe shouldnt have even made this thread

7. Pantherstang84

Just read the last few pages of the Gameday thread. Geez. We are supposed to be pissed after a loss not "happy we had a chance to win." Pfffft!

8. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

The rematch will be in Indy in January. It's gonna happen...

Before that, the Texans will route the Colts for the first time in Houston.

9. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

erh... wtf?

Thanks for generalizing... how about you accuse me of beating kittens too ?

10. 50boys

50boys Rookie

Stop being a fan, that was a good game against a great team. They had all those problems and still " took them down to wire". You sir are the one that need to shut the F up and stop being a Texans fan.

Goatcheese likes this.
  11. Pantherstang84

Hey. You're the one trying the shoe on.

12. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

Penalties, fumbles, sacks, interceptions out the azz. We don't want to be a playoff team. For what? So we can go get owned and get bounced, for what? Just to say we made it to the playoffs. Please. This team can't handle the playoffs. Kris Brown let the colts off the hook. The biggest kick of his career and he blows it. Completely blows it. Wastes all the effort from everyone else that put the team in a position to go to OT.

This team pisses me off.

13. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

How about you shut up newbie. 26 posts and telling someone to stop being a fan.

MeLoveTexans likes this.
  14. threeputtsam

threeputtsam Rookie

Same ole Texans, Same ole Texans, Same ole Texans

15. valleytexfan

valleytexfan Hall of Fame

I hear you, but I'm not as pissed as I'd normally be. This team is better. Now we gotta win four in a row after the bye

16. PHAROAH

PHAROAH All Pro

I agree we have to win these close games but we get them again in 3 weeks.

17. Pantherstang84

Correction. It was a horrible performance against a good team. From the coaching all the way down to the kicker. If the Texans that played Cinci had shown up this game wouldn't have even been close.

I'll see your "down to the wire" and raise you a "pathetic performance".

18. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Better than what? This team is better half the time than the team that shows up the other half is about it. The second half team is better than the first half team. So OK, I'll give you that.

19. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Saying the team is not "the same ole texans" is not saying you like moral victories... (This team IS past moral victories)

It's just speaking the truth. The "same ole texans" get their ass packed up and mailed back to houston after a blow out if they play like that against the Colts.

Anybody who actually thinks this is the "Same ole Texans" needs to pull tape of 2005 and get a refresher on the definition of "suck". :rolleyes:

Good teams can play like crap against a quality opponent and still have a chance to win at the end......we are a good team. Playoff teams can play like crap against quality opponents and still find a way to win at the end........we are not a playoff team......but we're close.

THAT IS THE THRUTH.

Malloy likes this.
  20. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

wow... did u watch the game??? we came back against the best team in football and had them on there heels... sure we didnt get the win... but no one expected us to... am i upset that we lost... sure i am... but not one person i talked to expected us to win .. everyone i know thought the texans would get destroyed... and i told them last night this game will be determined by 3 points and they all laughed... so now i believe that the jokes on them... u should settle down and have a beer after the games before u come here and sound completely ignorant

MeLoveTexans likes this.