WIll P-Buc Rebound?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by pittbull, Apr 27, 2006.

1. pittbull

pittbull All Pro

Coming from many experts, playing the back 8 in the 3-4 defense is extemely difficult. Not only do the safeties and lb's have to play outstandng, the CB's are often left on an island if your not getting adequate pressure. Will the 4-3 therefore help P-buc be an adequate CB on the opposite side of Robinson. I can't see him coming into this season being the nickle corner behind faggins. Both were bad last season, but Kub's played against this guy and knows what he can do. I just don't think you fall off the football playing map, coming from a great program like Miami, going against AJ in practice everyday and Rice for a while. It seems like a bunch of the defense played below their potential under the "Capers Run" 3-4. Look for P-Buc to play alot better and the Texans defense to finish in the Top 15, regardless of who they draft.:redtowel:

2. Doom Capers

Doom Capers Veteran

Now that is not totally true. He gets lazy, but he can tackle well when he puts effort into it.

3. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

I certainly hope that P-Buch can bounce back...he certainly had his game taken out of his hands...JM:twocents:

4. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

From what I've heard McClain say, P-Buc knows he showed his a** at the Steelers game. He even brought it up to Kubiak the first time the 2 of them met. (Either heard it on 610 or on the Chronicle podcast.)

Makes me think maybe he knows he needs to work harder.

5. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

I beleive he would prove this year that he can be a valuable player to us like Dunta Robinson...Being in the 3-4 he had to rely more on 1v1 tackling in the open field which he could not do as well and with the team doing so poorly he eventually gave up...Now converting to the 4-3 I beleive he will do alot better and prove he can be a starting CB.

6. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

will he rebound? The cowardly Lion finally found his heart.....but Pbuc the cowardly CB is probably more worried about making sure no houses land on him to look for his heart. I'll never forget him pulling up on the 5 yard line and letting the RB score....hes a pure coward.

7. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Last year our D would make Champ Bailey look like a moron. P-Buc is no elite corner, but look for him to be pretty decent this year.

8. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

I predict that PBuc will have his best season as a pro.

Reason = it's a contract year for him.

9. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

I have to give him the benefit of a doubt because our D made Dunta look bad at times last year. With a more aggresive Defense, P-Buc could shine.

10. real

real Guest

Who do you think our best defensive player was last yr ?

11. pittbull

pittbull All Pro

Robaire, being doubled and tripled all last season was our best player. The guy played with fire all year, even though he was frustrated. never did he pull a G-Funk and show his butt all season. The guy is truely the leader on the line. Robinson caught a bit of a bum rap, he was the only guy in the secondary, but still played decent. His int numbers went down, due to teams throwing everywhere else but his direction. I mean look at it this way, not many guys go from 3-4 teams to 4-3 and succeed, and vice versa. P-Buc will make the adjustment back to 4-3 fine, the entire d-line is ecstatic, and the secondary will benefit.:redtowel:

12. rafterticket

rafterticket Veteran

Yeah, but we're not talking about a middle school football squad. I was always wondering if he was standing on the sidelines looking for his mother or girlfriend in the stands.

jerek, you can't blame the rest of that defense for PBuc. He WAS responsible for his own failure.

If anyone here wants to have faith in him, I have only one thought to add: the old staff benched him.

13. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

I am all for P-Buch but you have a good point here

However they did not know how to use him nor any of our players

14. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

Now, Vinny you know that's down right unfair of you, because he needed to stop to tie his shoe laces. What do you want the guy to do, trip over himself and suffer a game or season ending injury?

All kiding aside I know you don't like the guy as a football player, but I'm not so certain like most other Texans' players he was a victum of the system the Texans were employing. I think the end of TC will tell the story. If he's still here then the new coaches think he will be alright. If not, I think they will cut him.

15. rafterticket

rafterticket Veteran

Yeah, you're making a good point, too.

I tell you what: if the new staff puts him on the field, then I will see what happens and hope it is good. I don't think Kubes is going to let some fool ruin his big chance to run his own show.

He (PBuc) just needs to play some football.

16. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

Agreed

17. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

Kris Brown

18. real

real Guest

surprised no one said d. rob

19. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

im sure if you made a thread titled " who was our best defensive player last year" you would see his name come up a few times!

20. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

I only care if he can get assists, hits 3-pointers, and perhaps get a few steals. :party: