Will Indy mail it in this weekend?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by MojoMan, Dec 17, 2007.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

What are the Texan's prospects for victory against the Colts this weekend?

I was talking with a friend of mine and noted that 1) Indy had sewn up a first round bye and 2) New England had locked up home field throughout the playoffs. I suggested that since the Colts had nothing left to play for, this would take the edge off of Indy and possibly give the Texans a better chance to win. In my opinion, if Indy was still battling for a bye, the Texans would very probably be dead meat.

My friend objected strongly and said he believed the Colts would play with the same intensity either way. However, based on the Texan's strong play the past two weeks, and the Colt's weak play, he thinks the Texans can beat the Colts this weekend even with the Colts going full blast.

What do you guys think? Since Indy has nothing left to play for, does this take the edge off of them? Might they rest some players? Can the Texans beat the Indianapolis Colts on the road?

2. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Here's your answer:

3. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I recall a 4-10 team beating Indy last Christmas Eve. I think our team will treat this one like a playoff game, simply because a franchise-first winning record is within reach.

Will the Colts play with the same intensity with everything wrapped up? I hope not!

Big game for us: first .500 season, first 3 game win streak, first time to beat Indy in their crib. Should we win, the team knows they are coming home to try to get that winning record during our last home game, which would be a positive vibe for the team and fans going into the off-season.

4. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

But will they play the entire game? Will anyone with an injury greater than a hangnail see the field? Dungy has to keep the troops motivated, but he's not going to risk much this close to the playoffs.

5. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

Aren't they pretty banged up anyway? If the Texans can use some of the same formula as last Christmas eve, run, run, run, eat clock, allow as few possessions as possible, like 3 in the 2nd half and just 1 in the 4th quarter, then hell yeah the Texans can win and probably should win.

6. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Bob Sanders is healthy...that's the running defense right there.

7. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Man, I cannot wait to see Mario get after Peyton. If he gets good pressure on 18 early, I can't imagine Dungy wouldn't sit him after halftime.

8. SICLICK

SICLICK Rookie

Thats a good question.
    I dont think we will win. I would love for us to close out the season with 3 straight wins.

9. axman40

axman40 Hall of Fame

I want 4!
    :fans:

10. Drew_Smoke

Drew_Smoke @Drew_Smoke

I saw a guy in the "Bookmaker's Room" of OALAH.com is giving the Texans 10 points and 10-1 odds. I need to get my pick in.

11. TooManyWeapons

TooManyWeapons Rookie

Hello again - I have returned!

And I just don't see it happening, guys. Your team is much-improved and we ARE banged-up, but I think it's also a priority to Dungy et al that we don't concede any home games to division teams.

What you may see - and benefit from - are some greater risks taken play-calling-wise on deep routes and things of that nature, as we've still got a lot of new and rookie players in starting positions that would benefit from the reps.

I'm not calling the game an Indy lock, I'm just saying you can probably expect to be played with the intention to dominate.

NitroGSXR likes this.
  12. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

In any event, I will be sitting Peyton Manning and starting Ben Rothlisberger in my Fantasy Playoff game this weekend.

13. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Well I've brought this up befor...he's going against Tony Ugoh this game. Kid is dinged ...but ...

If we get up on the colts three scores...he'll pitch in the towel. Sorgi will go in.

14. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

I think that if Mario can get a clean, clear shot at Manning that'll be the last we see of him.

I don't expect Sanders to play the full game either.

Dungy neds to play his guys to keep them sharp, but there is no need for them to play the full game. Imagine the outcry in Indy if either Manning or Sanders or Adai gets hurt in the second half of the game.

Indy gains nothing by winning this game, but they can lose nearly everything if the suffer an injury to one of their big names.

15. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I want us to beat the Colts with their best effort.

16. eric138

eric138 Veteran

it's easy...

if the colts win, they will say they were going fullspeed

if the Texans win, the colts will say they eased up on the play and were just there for the giggles..

17. Indy Skinnz

Indy Skinnz Veteran

There is no way any member of the Colts would say that. A Colts fan might but don't expect to hear that out of Dungy's or Manning's mouth.

18. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

The only thing I want to hear out of Manning's mouth is "cut that meat - cut that meat".

Seriously though, I wouldn't expect anything less than class from those guys.

19. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Heaven help Dungy if a starter gets hurt in the second half.

20. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I am playing Addai for sure in my fantasy league this week. Still up in the air about Gonzalez or Clark. So, yeah I am hoping DUngy plays them(but of course I am hoping for a Texans win).