Will Easterby and Obrien go after talent now?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Mangler, Jun 14, 2019.

1. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

Hopefully Cal realizes one day the NFL is about Xs and Os. This isnt college.

2. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

What good ideas?

3. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

I'm thinking this is it

4. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

I'm betting they told him BB wasn't going to be around much longer & they need him specifically to keep this going when BB decides to leave. They'll probably name him GM before the season starts.

5. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

The ideas in his head. He knows how to play chess. Understands all the rules. Plays chess on his laptop, on his phone etc. But when he plays chess against someone, clock ticking, he makes a move and its immediately countered. He nuts up like a *****.

I'm totally convinced he knows, but cant execute. He throws the blame elsewhere when he fails. Hes like that Ahole in Chernobyl who refused to accept responsibility. The gameplan was perfect but I dont have the guys to execute.

I'm totally off the OB train. Was on it. But now that dude can jump off a cliff so far as I'm concerned. Got 5 yrs of evidence...

Texansballer74 and TheKDog like this.
  6. Max

Max Hall of Fame

My guess is that the mess this offseason makes it less likely that Cal let's BOB go anytime soon. If things had gone smoothly with Caserio then maybe BOB's on a shorter leash. But if he gets rid of BOB and that doesn't go well, he's going to look world class dumbass rather than just local dumbass. Too much risk. He's already made his bold 'I'm in charge now' move and I don't imagine he's feeling all that smart about himself because of how it went. He's not going to stick his neck out like that again for a while.

Texansballer74 and TheKDog like this.
  7. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Haven’t even heard him talk little lone stick his neck out. He always pays someone else to do that, lately everything goes through b.o.b.

justmy2cents likes this.
  8. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

5 yrs with RS as GM.

Tell me what should BOB have done to maximize the talent he had last yr? He had Davenport/Lamm as his OT's. He had Carter/V.Smith and a beat up Watson/Hopkins/Miller by the end of last yr ans still made the playoffs. I'm not saying BOB is the best HC out there, but you would think the team finished 5-11 instead of 11-5 if you read some posters around these parts. SMH

beerlover likes this.
  9. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

He wanted Davenport and lamm and Rankin and Seantrel. Then he started them in the wrong positions.

Then he went after Khalil this year and passed up on Dillard.

Lol.

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

You know what 11-5 means. It's the same as Kubiak's 12-4. Still you were disappointed when that paper tiger got shredded in the playoffs. If you want us to believe BO'b can be a Championship calibre HC, tell me right now that he's a step behind Kubiak when he took this team to 12-4 and the division round of the playoffs.

Otherwise stop acting surprised when people tell you BO'b finished 11-5 but...

11. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

The point is neither one of them were able to sniff a championship. They are basically the same guys with slight differences. Very conservative. I dont understand the pro Kubiak crowd and their dislike for BOB when both of them are avg HC's.

What has been the constants between both regimes?

12. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

If Seantrel hadn't gotten hurt because Davenport sucked so badly then this wouldn't have been an issue. We've gone over this stuff ad nauseum.

Agreed about Kalil/Dillard. Gaine didn't want to pay to move up for Dillard and now we dont have to worry about Gaine being too conservative anymore.

13. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

I like Kubiak's offense & his ability to teach that offense. I was on board with his extension after 2010. I admit I was wrong. The haters were right. It was time to move on.

I think we're making the same mistake going forward with BO'b.

I'm a Texans fan & as such I want him to succeed. I just don't see it happening.

steelbtexan likes this.
  14. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

So Seantrel is the key. Lol

ATXtexanfan and infantrycak like this.
  15. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

Oh no, not Dillard! (The All-World in your imagination, yet hasn’t even played a single down in the NFL.)

maverick512000 likes this.
  16. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

Not necessarily. I just think he is a better prospect than Howard

steelbtexan likes this.
  17. banned1976

banned1976 American

Deservedly or not, the O’Brien hate won’t be contained in just one thread. Personally, I don’t dislike OB. But I’d venture to guess most Texans fans hate his personality and I don’t think there’s any way he can reverse that image.

I’m not sure the Texans are in a position to improve the roster before the season opener. And I do believe OB is firmly on the hot seat. His future with the organization depends on the success (failure) of a rookie tackle and OB’s o-line coach now.

steelbtexan likes this.
  18. Texansballer74

Texansballer74 Hall of Fame

What?? Rankins was even worse at LT. Seantrel is not good either. So you would've still had big time oline issues. Man you truly can't stand Davenport huh.

19. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

How do you know how good Seantrel is. He barely played before Davenport got him injured.

Have you watched Henderson's career? I know he was highly rated in college as a youngster and had issues with pot. But played an acceptable LT at Miami and started as a rookie in Buffalo. Did he play badly in Buffalo?

20. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

God you take things out of context.

People wouldn't have had to be moved around the OL if Henderson wouldn't have gotten hurt. That would've given the OL a better chance to jell, but you're right nothing would've stopped last yrs OL from sucking. But maybe they would've sucked less. Who knows?