Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

Will Easterby and Obrien go after talent now?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Mangler, Jun 14, 2019.

1. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

I wish that was correct, but Olsen has just been a guy who does contracts and makes sure they comply with league rules and probably calculates the cap impact. Not scout or moneyball guy

Bazinga was brought in by Gaine. So there's that.

So it doesn't make sense but I think easterby will be involved with obrien and Crennel on personnel

2. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I am hoping that O'Brien's choice of players from the evaluations of our scout team will get our 2020 draft. Olsen keeps all under cap and Easterby does whatever he does to make players better. After 2020 draft, Caserio is here. I'm hoping what we have can get us some vets before trade deadlines.

CWTexansFan likes this.
  3. KarlK

KarlK Veteran

Interesting. A few weeks ago they resorted to tampering in order to get the opportunity just to interview Caserio for the gm position, but now suddenly they don't even need a gm and gms aren't even that important these days anyways. Nice coping mechanism. McClain the puppet and Harris the shill couldn't have said it any better themselves.

CWTexansFan and TheKDog like this.
  4. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Or the Texans feel like it's better to wait for a year to get the guy they want.

5. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

6. KarlK

KarlK Veteran

lol.....so they do need a gm then? Hard to keep track what the current “all is positive” narrative is.

So, if they do need a gm, then it stands to reason the current structure they’ve come up with for the 2019 season is far from ideal.

That should be obvious already, but you Homer’s are a stubborn bunch.

steelbtexan likes this.
  7. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Well of course the GM spot being empty is not the ideal situation. It doesn't take a homer to see that, anyone following the team. Will be interesting however if we are successful in picking up some veteran through trades that improve the roster. Perhaps they will look at not needing Caserio after all if that happens..

8. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

This is a complete power grab by OBrien and good for him so that when this **** blows up we know exactly who to blame.

NastyNate and Texansballer74 like this.
  9. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

But it doesn't make sense. Gaine was just a yes man already and his chosen lackey

otisbean and thunderkyss like this.
  10. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

Everybody needs a fall guy. OBrien is so uniquely adored that he doesnt make mistakes, everyone else does. :shrug:

NastyNate, ATXtexanfan and TheKDog like this.

Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

11. Dejaview

Dejaview All Pro

Just reporting what I’ve read. Show me your proof they tampered. You and Kdog must have the same source, right? Don’t know if the Texans are still looking to hire a GM or not. Most, including Boston newspapers seem to think Caserio still wants to come here. The GM piece I read had nothing to do with the Texans. It was an article by someone looking at the functions of current gm’s.

12. Dejaview

Dejaview All Pro

Assume bad boy is correct. You ever stop to think that they may still want Caserio? If so you ever stop to think that you don’t hire a GM for one year...actually a little less now. If so then what would you do? Given those premises which we can act as if true, what would you do? What structure is more ideal? Surely you seem to know something about the ideal. To me it sounds as if they spread out his functions so as not to create a de facto GM or they just simply didn’t want to overburden a single person. Not any different than picking up a coworkers responsibilities until their position has been filled. What’s your plan?

steelbtexan and CWTexansFan like this.
  13. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

So now they are going to wait until after the 2020 draft because they want caserio.

And if we don't get him? Then we're interviewing guys to take this sh1t job after free agency and the draft is over. They won't even have a chance to do their jobs the first year.

steelbtexan likes this.
  14. maverick512000

maverick512000 Hall of Fame

I doubt it goes that far, we don't know when Caserio contract actually ends it just says 2020. There is a very good chance Pats go ahead and let him walk, I really do think the only reason they fought this time and went against their normal MO of letting people leave that want to leave is because they've lost so many BB can't afford to lose more right now. Some are reporting, and take it with a grain of salt, that Caserio was mad they didn't let him go but he, BB and Kraft sat down and talked and are cool now. IF that is true my GUESS is that they told him if he would just ride it out this year they would make sure he could leave in time to get things set up at his new job.

This is just a guess and it makes a lot of assumptions but it makes sense to my thinking.

15. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

Let’s say that’s the case, is there any chance that Caserio is already working for us on the low? Perhaps having some sort of contact even if it’s through someone else with the Texans? I seriously doubt he still has the Patriots’ best interest at heart, ESPECIALLY after they didn’t let him come make them big bucks down here in Houston. They screwed him out of a promotion and he was reportedly upset about it. Here’s hoping he’s already watching players that fit our system. Wishful thinking...

Man, this CBD vape is the motherphookin sh1t!

CWTexansFan likes this.
  16. Dejaview

Dejaview All Pro

So that explains this post....

17. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

OB thinks in a perfect world. has a gameplan. then gets punched in the mouth lol. OB will always get outcoached on gameday no matter what. he can copy the NE front office all he wants, but in the end he aint the the head of the snake, nor does he have the TB12 venom. 2 biggest questions about this season is when it crashes and burns will he survive Cal and will the locker room still rally behind him.

im a texan fan, but at noon the 65 inch tv on red zone and the 32 inch on texans.

18. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Perhaps, just maybe(cross my toes), this season will show if he's learned anything. Team is (hopefully) getting some talent and depth in the right areas now

Texansballer74 likes this.
  19. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Cross your toes or not (impressive) how many seasons should he get to prove HE is TEXAN worthy?

This is probably it for Cal. Best scenario if it is, so can start with a clean slate, starting with Caserio.

NastyNate and Texansballer74 like this.
  20. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

Talent is one thing. Maxing out what you have is another. OB doesnt max out.

OB is that guy with really good ideas yet cant make them work real time. It's one thing to understand how it works. But teaching it to work another story. Making it work with resistance is the separation.

Texansballer74 and santo like this.