Will Easterby and Obrien go after talent now?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Mangler, Jun 14, 2019.

1. OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan Hall of Fame

Trade EDGE, Clowney to the Redskins for LT Williams......but to make it a tad more interesting, try to include RB, Miller and LT, Davenport for RB, Peterson and a RD4. I could see the benefits of Foreman having an opportunity to work with Peterson daily.

2. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I would not be violently opposed to Trading Clowney for Williams but think the left tackle can be had without involving Clowney.

KA4Texan and DocBar like this.
  3. OptimisticTexan

The Redskins might be willing to pay Clowney before the Texans would. Texans would be settling for a RD3 COMP Pick at best when Clowney bolts for a new team. Avoid the feud and try to trade him for Williams since LT is still the biggest question on this roster.

4. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Wow! Quite possibly one of the worst trade scenarios I've ever seen. The Redskins would be A$$ raping the Texans.

5. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Raiders can also pay Clowney. I want RB Jacobs plus Raiders two firsts in 2020 which would equal 2019 second rounders. I'll put in Miller as I would want him if I was Mayock. We can and I predict will get Williams for draft picks.
    It's not just my opinion that cornerback is a higher priority question than left tackle

CWTexansFan likes this.
  6. OptimisticTexan

Raiders would have no interest in giving up Jacobs and 2 RD1 picks for Clowney who they'd still have to sign.

I would keep the Redskins in my crosshairs and closely watch the Trent Williams sage. I think he's way pissed in regards to how they managed his health scare versus his current contract. Redskins must be feeling some guilt b/c they went out and signed LT, Robinson to cover a worst case scenario. I read they're not sold on this solution. He's not an UFA until the 2021 season and the money on his contract is very manageable for one of the top LT's in the NFL.

Clowney is going to hold out and try to force the Texans hand......going to be interesting to see who flinches first. Clowney and his agent are looking for best NFL EDGE money and I just don't think the Texans are looking at his request from the same angle. Even if Clowney were to take his tag money this season, the Texans will have forever crapped in his Cherrios and therefore will never see him remain a Texan. That leaves them looking down the barrel of a RD3 COMP pick which is a glorified front end of RD4 pick.

I think the Redskins need a reason to make this move and the Texans could cover it pretty easily. Package Clowney and Kalil (while he's having a good start out of the gate) and in return, the Texans would get, Williams (LT solved), RB- Peterson, and a RD2 pick in 2020. Kalil being a veteran could be a plug and play LT, which they will sorely need when moving Williams. I'd start with a RD2 pick but would probably settle on a RD3 if push came to shove.

7. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

That’s being Optimistic Texan! Didn’t Texans do Duane Brown similar to what Skins are doing to Trent Williams?

Would favor similar package Seattle gave Texans for Trent Williams.

Clowney is separate issue. There is no disrespect only difference is money. Would bend his designated tagged position as a DE not LB and pay him accordingly.

It’s not that complicated.

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

Did Trent Williams call ownership racist? Did ownership call Williams an inmate, implying racial stereotypes?

OptimisticTexan likes this.
  9. beerlover

Let’s leave race out of it. McNair(s) intent was not along those lines at all. It’s all about the Benjamin’s. In both situations.

10. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

So true and easy to understand.

CWTexansFan and OptimisticTexan like this.

11. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

So true and easy to understand.
    Trading for Williams will cost draft capital and $$$$.

Those aren't things the Texans give up, so dont expect a trade. Watson's health be damned, but hey, if they trade Clowney for draft picks then they will be that much closer to the salary cap championship.

12. OptimisticTexan

So you guys don't think that a Redskins - Texans trade for disgruntled Pro Bowl players could work for both franchises?

Redskins Get:
    Clowney
    Kalil

Texans Get:
    Williams
    Peterson
    2020 RD2 or RD3

CWTexansFan likes this.
  13. beerlover

Texans don’t have depth on DL to trade Clowney without significant fall off. They should agree to terms with incentives, for this defense to even matter going forward.

Would like to get Trent but definitely not for a first. Be ok with a 2nd.

steelbtexan likes this.
  14. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

How about a 2020 2nd and a 2021 3rd. That's what the Seahawks essentially gave up to get DB?

15. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

I think Mercilus can fill in fine if JD doesn't play

16. amazing80

amazing80 Site Contributor

Texans need to go all in this year. Trade for Trent without giving up Clowney and sign Theo Reddick.

steelbtexan likes this.
  17. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

He went after Kalil and Seantel.

This is the high end talent obrien goes for

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

I don't like Bill O'Brien. But if the choices are overpaying for Trent Brown or Kalil & Henderson I choose Kalil & Henderson.

Texas Jake and JB like this.
  19. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

I would go with neither

20. beerlover

Definitely not. Not even same level. I don’t get the disrespect for Clowney skill set? He is an absolute joy to watch and seems on verge of really breaking through. I don’t get it!

CWTexansFan, steelbtexan and TheKDog like this.