Will Bradley Roby have a comeback season?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by 76Texan, Jun 19, 2019.

1. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Mangler likes this.
  2. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

Comeback season? Did he ever even arrive? Not trying to be funny, but even people from Denver wondered what the hell the Texans saw in him. They called him burnt toast, lol.

ATXtexanfan and 76Texan like this.
  3. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

Hopefully, the talent is there

otisbean and Texas Jake like this.
  4. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

& then they turned around & signed kareem jackson.....a guy who never really lived up to his draft status, is 6-7 years older than Roby & has been on full display in various playoff games getting cooked outside the hash.

5. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

I think you're biased.
    I've been rewatching the condensed playoffs games.
    Balls are going to be caught with guys like Smith, Brady, and Luck at QB, especially with good protection.

The TD in the KC game was the mistake of the safety, vacating his spot in the middle.
    KJax did deflect a pass that Cushing intercepted.
    He did not give up any big play or damaging play of any consequence in any of the playoffs games.

6. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

For 10 Million he better be a borderline pro bowler. (should have kept KJax) Thanks Brian Gaine.

76Texan likes this.
  7. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

When KJax resigned with the Texans last time for big money, playing for a different DC than Wade, it means that the new coaching staff had confidence in him.
    This time, he finished with a good year and was snatched off the free agent market quickly, by a coach with a "PRETTY GOOD" defensive mind - which landed him the HC job with the Broncos.
    They say MONEY TALK, and that's exactly what it was.

8. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

Sure, but it wasnt like the Texans gave him an offer. They let him walk after the best year of his career for what 2Ms more per year? Banking on a guy (Roby) who looked like absolute trash last year compared to Kjax.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...jackson-feels-a-little-disrespected-by-texans

Texansballer74 likes this.
  9. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

He is talking about fans, not management. Fans have nothing to do with what management does after the fact. It doesn't change anything about Roby if that were true.

10. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

11. Texansballer74

Texansballer74 Hall of Fame

They still could've given him a contract offer.

Question: why didn't they know the price tag was going to be high for Badger?

12. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

To be honest, I have no idea.
    But if I have to guess, they probably thought their offer to Mathieu was good enough (I kinda thought so, too).

13. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

Mathieu was the guy I can afford to live without. No allegiance to him he was just a mercenary and got his money - good for him. KJax being the hometown guy should have gotten a new contract here and retired a Texan he was worth the money .. Roby is not. I wonder if the team is EVER going to treat its own players well in the twilight of their career. How soon before JJ becomes just a guy and people want him shipped off?

76Texan likes this.
  14. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Fans, management the statement can just as easily apply to both. I liked K-jax when he was here, but lets be real, if he's better than Roby, it ain't by much & that is probably only due to his experience. 1 guy is younger and still has room to grow, the other had a career year................... in year 10...& that was only b/c he played part of it at a position he should've been playing from the get go that utilized his strengths as a good cb in run support. When he had to slide back down to cb, he looked just ok & certainly not worth the money he got from Denver.

I think you're being biased too....but I've also got news for you bud. good qb's play in all divisions & the reality is he left a division where he only had to play 1 twice a season to go to a division where he has to play 2 of the very best 4 times a year. As for your other stuff..rationalize the TD in the KC game all you want..but Dontrelle Inman ate pretty good against K-jax in this last playoff game & If memory serves, K-jax got beat so badly on 1 play, he had to commit PI to stop him from catching the ball which almost assuredly would've went for a TD.

otisbean and Texansphan like this.
  15. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

I think JJ will always be beloved by true fans of the game. We were privileged to watch one of the all time greats at his position and he is still on our team!
    I hope he can play at a high level for two more years at least.
    God I hope he gets a ring as a Texan.
    Our last hope for that now is for DW4 to really hit his stride and the injury bug is kind to us for a couple years.
    And Brady retires.:evil:

Uncle Rico and CWTexansFan like this.
  16. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

That's a veteran move to save a TD.
    Nothing came out of it.

We'll see how it goes next year.

17. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

If 5th is just OK, I'll take it over a guy ranked around 100th any day.

Sure, it's close, just some 90 places apart. You have a really loose definition of
    "Not by much".

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2019-free-agency-profile-kareem-jackson

18. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

Well, I guess you can say they’re pretty interchangeable. Let’s not pretend Kjax was this must have talent.

Texas Jake, steelbtexan and Mr teX like this.
  19. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

No. No. No. No.

The Texans... whether it be Wade or RAC, Smith or Gaine, did not trust him on the outside.

Yes, first two or three years he was well on his way to being one of the best. But he hit a ceiling, regressed really. I don't know if it was because of injury or age or whatever. But he lost a step when he didn't have one to give.

Denver is playing him at safety. While I think he tackles well, I still think he's too small to play inside, especially in the box, down after down.

20. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Lol, nothing came out of it b/c the colts were already in cruise control and had gotten conservative.

And veteran cbs don’t get caught in positions like that to where they have to do that....especially against 3rd rate WR’s.

Lastly, The supposed 5th best cb in the league last year was the #2 cb here...& he will be in Denver so take that for what it’s worth.

CWTexansFan likes this.