Will another Texans game be shown in Austin this year?

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by DiehardChris, Nov 23, 2009.

1. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Probably when there's no conflict with Tennessee - but otherwise, goodbye TV coverage in Austin. Sigh.

2. HTown2ATX

HTown2ATX TexansMetalhead

Yup.

First thought that I had too.

Although, mine had more cussing in my head.

Finally had a chance to ram it down Austin's collective throats and we blew it. I really wish my daughter (so my ex too unfortunately) would move back to Houston so I can get the F-_k out of this little town that thinks it's a big city swinging from VY's jock eternally.

3. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

not at my house.......

4. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

Well I have Sunday Ticket, so they can do as they please, BUT, now that I've entered the witness protection program, I'm hoping I can move my dish with me :)

5. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Yeah, not all of us have that option, unfortunately.

Sigh. Depression.

6. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

I don't know and am too tired to think about it. I haven't lost my poison pen just in case though. Maybe if the Titans were better than 4-6? Don't know.

7. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

I find it so amusing that the city of Austin would show the Titans over the Texans, even though I see more Cowboys stickers there then anything else.

8. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Austin shows both. FOX covers the NFC and CBS covers the AFC. FOX shows every single Cowgirls game. Now CBS has to decide who the city of Austin likes in the AFC and I know that I see far more Titans stickers than Texans. It sucks to be a Texans fan. It sucks even more to be a Texans fan in Austin. I'm just glad I don't live in Dallas. I feel for THOSE Texans fans.

9. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

LOL! I live in Dallas south right now and they show nothing, but Cowboys here and this year have shown every Texans game. I do think one of the shock jocks in SA is a d i _ k, as he tried to have the Texans removed from local TV. P-ville for life baby!

10. VY 4 LIFE

VY 4 LIFE Rookie

Fox will be showing the Titans in Austin this week!

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2009/12-FOX-L.html

As for KEYE, you Texans fans are in luck. Apparently the station got sold last year and now they have no influence over what games they broadcast. The people at CBS decide it, and not the local programming director, apparently.

11. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

i'll be watching the Min game for fantasy football reasons :kitten:

12. VY 4 LIFE

VY 4 LIFE Rookie

Your loss :kitten:

13. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Cool, so if you want to see Titans games every week you have to move your ass to Tennessee. C'ya and Hook'em!

[​IMG]

14. VY 4 LIFE

VY 4 LIFE Rookie

That ad is only good for in town moves :kitten:

15. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

16. Dan B.

Dan B. Hall of Fame

I've come to decide that a huge part of the reason Austin roots for the Titans rather than just wanting Vince to succeed is because they don't like Houstonians. It's kind of like how Coloradans feel about Texans/Californians, or many Texans feel about Mexicans. I don't know the numbers but I would bet that Houston sends more people to Austin than any other city -- certainly in the top 3. Some "true" Austinites think Houston is a bad place and they have to denigrate anything from there.

17. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

No I don't buy that. When it comes to pro sports Austinites are just bandwagoners. If they all hated Houston the Astros wouldn't be the most popular MLB team in town. The typical Austin fan is a Cowboys, Spurs, Astros fan.

Think about it, if the Texans would have drafted VY they would all be talking about how much they love Houston and even have roots there. Austin would just be another Houston suburb and HWY 290 would be all roses and bluebonnets.

18. VY 4 LIFE

VY 4 LIFE Rookie

I think the Vince bandwagon got started in 2003.

19. Dan B.

Dan B. Hall of Fame

Apologies as I was too sweeping in my original post. My point is not that it's the majority of Austin that hates anything Houston, but a vocal group of purists who think Houston just isn't weird enough. Meanwhile the Texans fan base will continue to grow and the "original" (ie their parents moved there from Houston) Austinites' voices will shrink. Thousands will continue to migrate from Houston to Round Rock every year.

I bet if the Texans drafted Young all we would hear from them is how it's everyone else but Vince's fault that the Texans keep losing, and that it's because Kubiak won't let Vince be Vince. Think David Carr apologists mixed with unreal's Slaton love. And they'd boycott until Vince went to a REAL team or Houston hired a new coach.

I do kind of wonder what's going to happen to the Stros base in Austin when the Rangers get Round Rock though.

20. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I don't buy it either, but then when I think about it we are only speaking to our experiences and our different circles of friends' experience. I totally agree on the Cowboys, Spurs and Astros as the working profile of a majority of native Austinites.

There are a lot of Houstonians in Austin, when I moved back to Austin I befriended a circle from Clear Lake and they were fans of the Oliers and are fans of UT, Texans and VY. No Titans love at all.

To provide my own take, based only on feel, is that the chatter is coming from the 24-28 aged male, displaced from Houston, who grew up with a dying or no Houston pro team, and a city void of championships for their formative years. They found a local boy doing good on the national stage who has a flair for the dramatic and is constantly finding himself on the winning side. :clown: