Will Andre have Surgery...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by sbalderrama, Jan 15, 2012.

1. sbalderrama

sbalderrama Rookie

to reattach the tendon that was severed so he could come back quicker? It seems like you'd want to have everything back to fully functional.

2. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

I thought that was the surgery he had.......

I'm pretty sure CND covered this in detail in a thread somewhere....

3. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I'm not a doctor, but I'm sure when they "clipped it", it was permanently "clipped".

I'm pretty sure when they decided on that procedure it wasn't something they thought they could go back 3-4 months later and reatach..

What Andre did months ago was the procedure and was the permanent fix. If he has to go under the knife again than I can only think that means something went horribly wrong and we're in deep doo doo.

4. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I'm pretty sure the original poster is right. Andre should have another surgery to reattach his hamstring. The original surgery severed it so there would be less time to heal. But they should reattach it so he can get his explosiveness back.

5. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

That is the way I remember CND explaining it.

6. XI CMURDER IX

XI CMURDER IX Gig 'em

Yep, this is right.

7. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

If that's the case then this medical staff is indeed completely incompetent... Andre did not gain any recovery time by trying out this new technique and now that they didn't go with a permanent fix, he has to go back under the knife if this is true. This is one part of our team that HAS to be addressed this offseason. There has been way too many muscle strains and shotty treatments for them.

When you have a doctor on a random message board calling your medical staff morons (and one that's proven correct time and time again), I think that should speak volumes about the quality of personnel you're currently employing.

8. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

I dunno ..... maybe he should go on un-attached?

[​IMG]

9. Scooter

Scooter Funky

andre with two busted hamstrings is still a top 5 receiver, but i'm hoping the offseason surgery works because he wasnt himself out there. andre is known as a physical monster, but folks forget that he was a 100m sprinter and as a mack truck at receiver is impossibly fast (with killer hops). he lost the "fastest man" in the probowl against dante hall to 30 or 40 yards by half a step ... had it gone 60+ andre was leaving in usain bolt fashion. the man can move like noone that size should, and he was obviously missing that when he tried to play this season.

he took the more dangerous short term route to be with the team, but hopefully the surgery he put off can put the spring back in his step.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  10. NastyNate

NastyNate I go kerplunk

Please stop spreading this nonsense. Just stop. Times 12 trillion, you are so wrong it pains me. Please, don't ever comment on this again.

Hervoyel likes this.
  11. amazing80

amazing80 Site Contributor

LOL bazing!

12. Kthx

Kthx All Pro

13. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

:spit:

14. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

To clarify my impressions regarding the possibility of re-attachment, here is what I posted (11/03/11) in the AJ Out a Few Weeks: Will Have Procedure thread:

In summary, I feel that re-attachment surgery would not be the most practical or prudent route to consider, and would potentially create more problems to Andre's ultimate outcome than without him undergoing further surgery.

15. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

OK, lets assume they go down the road of NOT doing the re-attachment. Is it possible for you to quantify what you think may be the amount of/reduction of speed/burst/explosivness that AJ may wind up with? I know that is probably difficult to do. Do you see this as a career shortener and if so, what sort of progression in quality of play might we expect to see over say the next 5 years.

16. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

EDO,

Unfortunately, I don't believe anyone can predict what the final effect on his performance will be. There are not enough cases like this, let alone of elite WRs, to make that call. If I were to hazard a guess, it would probably have no more than a 10% effect. In most cases of athletes, this would probably have little appreciable effect on perceived performance. But, in the NFL, this is percentage of effect which sometimes means the distinction between a very good WR and an elite WR. I do not believe that this will be a career shortener, though.

17. sbalderrama

sbalderrama Rookie

It seemed like this year Andre wasn't getting the burst and separation that we were used to, but it's hard to tell how much of that was from the hamstring issue versus just never really getting a chance to get in 100% game shape.

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

He was still getting WTF open during both play-off games. Looks promising tp me.

But I'm not a doctor.

19. sbalderrama

sbalderrama Rookie

I'm just thinking of straight line speed. Dude still has the moves.

20. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

Also comes with age too. The reason some WRs can play late into their 30's is because they get craftier at route running and can't necessarily stretch the field the way they used to.