Wild Card Hopefuls??

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by El_DudeArino, Oct 25, 2004.

1. El_DudeArino

El_DudeArino Veteran

Does anyone think the Texans will make a wild card this year and if so why? Personally I feel like David has really matured and he is playing great. I'm predicting a wild card spot this season and playoffs next... :twocents: Texans Will Make Wildcard

2. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

We possibly could if we win most of the remaning games,,,hmm isnt the average wild card spot records usually 10-6 ?? If David, A.J and our defense keep playing the way the have the last 3 weeks we can make a run for it !!! All depends on how we and other AFC teams perform !

3. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Ok, would someone like to explain the difference between the wildcard and the playoffs? :um:

4. profan

profan Veteran

How about wildcard spot this year and division champs next year. Both get you into the playoffs. Although, I think we could be division champs this year.

5. Texan Gal 312

Texan Gal 312 Veteran

Could you guys please jumped back off the playoff bandwagon like you did when we were 0-2.

Lets play the we won't win 4 games, fire the offensive coordinator, the mighty Jaguars coming off beating Indy at home will beat us up and down the field roll. Yep I like this one.... here Kitty kitty...

6. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

Wild Card :confused: After we win the next 3 games we will be FIRST in the AFC South Division. And we won't need no stinking Wild Card after that cause we are going to HOST the first round of games IN Reliant. :headbang:

7. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6329784/

8. Blake

Blake MMQB

I think the normal wild card team has a 9-7 record. I might have agreed with the wild card team had we won the first 2 games like we should have. A 5-1 team would look alot better going into the remaining schedule, than this 3-3 team.

W vs. Jacksonville (Great defensive team. We will be lucky to split the series with them.)
    L vs. @Denver (denver is a good team again this year, and at home even better.)
    L vs. @Indianapolis (indy seems to always pull a win out on us. even if we are ahead.)
    W vs. Green Bay (good team, when brett is playing good ball. depends on which brett shows up.)
    W vs. Tennessee (worst titans team in history)
    L vs. @N.Y. Jets (at 5-1 they look strong with a rejuvenated Curtis Martin. another tough road game for the texans)
    L vs. Indianapolis (payton manning)
    W vs. @Chicago (some say is the worst team in football. I agree.)
    L vs. @Jacksonville (jacks back)
    W vs. Cleveland (The browns are a scrappy team who love to play the spoiler. But at home the texans can take them)

Bottom line is, I think they will go 8-8 or 7-9 depending on the jax game next week. You dont deserve to be in the playoffs with a 8-8 record.

9. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

The peyote must be in bloom in San Marcos.

10. UCFJag

UCFJag Rookie

I believe the texans are a possible wild card team. be sure you at worst split the series with thte DOlts, however, because at least one wild card will come from the AFC SOUTh and that team will be Indy or Houston. Jags win the south, i believe Byron may just have what it takes to be the first QB playing in his own stadium lastr week in January or first of february.

11. Jagsbch

Jagsbch Veteran

Texans were expected to comeout of the gate strong and dominate from the start after getting their injured players back. They may not have come out of the gate strong, but they are definitely playing strong now, so anything is possible. I never thought that the defense rather than the offense would have a question mark on it. The answer to this thread revolves around one question, do the Texans have a defense. :boxing:

12. |The.Brand0n|

|The.Brand0n| Rookie

Certainly not looking past the Jags here... but after seeing how the Texans 1st team performed against the Broncos 1st team in the preseason, and after watching the Broncos against the Bengals, I think the Texans will win handily in Denver. They are the most unimpressive 5-2 team ever. Go Texans!

13. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

:rofl:

it is better than the Colts Defense and you only beat them by 3 pts.

The question really actually is, do your players work well with handsignals from the QB? Cause they can forget about hearing the snap count and change of plays.

14. longhornjag

longhornjag Rookie

The Jags just came from a win in a dome so I'm pretty sure they'll be ready for a loud environment, they were last week.

15. |The.Brand0n|

|The.Brand0n| Rookie

I dont think you realize. There is loud, then there is the Texans' fan version of loud. The Texans keep a stat devoted to the crowd, and it is based on how many false starts the opposition has while in Reliant Stadium. Last I checked, Texans are #1 in this category. You'll see on Sunday.

16. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

The Texans will have 15,000 more voices in the house than soft Colts fan.

17. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

AND our stadium is built for noise... AND its our first home game against a division rival.. AND its after a bye week.. AND they shut us down last season.. AND its battle red day.

oh.. AND ill probably be there :)

people in the know keep saying that Reliant is second only to Arrowhead in the noise department. That may be true.. but apparently we are doing something better cause all the teams that have played us at home this year have had a buttload of false start and delay of game penalties

18. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

And to add to Grid's thoughts--Leftwich has played vastly better from the shotgun than under center--not a great thing going into a loud stadium.

19. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Was Indy loud? I didn't notice the crowd till 3rd downs or at the end of the game. idonno:

20. SBTexans08

SBTexans08 All Pro

Reliant Stadium crowd will be pumped like it's never been! It's the first divisional game against the leader in the division who was 4th in the division last year! We haven't had football in two weeks! It's been 3 weeks since football was played here in Reliant! We can't let Jax get into the playoffs before we do! We aren't letting our team down! The Texans will be fired up and so will we!

Oh yeah.....visitors don't win here on BATTLE RED DAY!!!