Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Why these successsful Texans make me nervous..

Perki-Perk

DieHard Texan!
I don't know, I mean it was kind of nice, to cheer and cry with your ride or die fans, people you knew were down to watch the game. Whether our chance to win was slim to none. Now, with the win, while it is great to see the capacity of Texans fans at bars almost double now, and I'm sure Uncle Bob appreciates the increased jersey sales, I know many of them, for a fact, were repping different colors earlier this season.

Ok, no the real reason that these newfangled good Texans make me nervous, post from people who know nothing about the Texans. Uggh, do your research before you jump on a bandwagon. Hell, I'm not even a Cowboys fan, but I can tell you most of their starting offense and defense from all of their 90's Super Bowls, Niners too, and Denver....I mean, come on, did you even pay attention when you used to root for the Packers....That Roy Rogers is a great QB, Huh!?

Then there's the foolish threads that get started, which I think is where I was going with the last paragraph, but then I got distracted, and I'm tired. Ok, so yeah. There's a reason so many people here, USED to be on clutchfans...well, they Took the Lakers to 7, and ever since, that sight has been horrible to go to.

Please, new people, we appreciate you becoming a fan, but learn your facts, and let's talk sensible football shall we??

OH, yes, Let's go Texans!! Wooh!

I know whatcha mean sorta, I actually had to reserve a table at the bar I have been at since week one because last week some random family with a six month old kid (smoking bar) decided to get to the bar at 1pm.. bah.

"a relevant reply!!" :sarcasm:

Seriously tho, such is the price we pay for winning. In the past, Houston has been pretty notorious for this. The 'Stros a few years back, and the Rockets in the mid '90s. Yes it's a bit annoying, but the most important thing is your frustration as a fan does very little to affect the players. Which in the end, is the most important thing.

Not everyone has the time nor the desire to research every sports team they decide to back. (Personally I take some satisfaction in knowing at least a little something about the team I'm sporting on my back) But that isn't the case with everyone. Yes, it gets annoying, but I usually just chalk it up to it being the way things are and just grab another beer and try to avoid those people while I'm out in public. :barman:

The whole time I was reading this I was thinking to myself "get to the point!" then when the point finally came....I agreed.

I like there is more Texans support and believe me it has still not caught fire outside of Texas, I mean people respect us more and maybe even like us but I am not seeing jerseys everywhere or anything.

Either way if you are jumping on at least know what you are talking about so you can don't give Texans fans a bad image.

The fact that I spend the pre-season agonizing over which guys are going to the practice squad and which guys are sneaking onto the team as ST and how many guys we have at each position and the fact that I can name pretty much anyone on the team just by seeing their number doesn't make me a better fan than someone who just shows up when we're winning and cheers the team on.

It just means we've got different priorities.

And if that other guy is rooting on other people when the Texans are down and who may well be rooting for our opponent next week, that's OK, too.

We're just different kinds of football fans. I'm glad to pick these guys and gals up and there's plenty of room for them. But the fact that they're not as into the team as I am is OK. Whether they know the rules of the game or the history of the team isn't really relevant. They are a fan in the capacity that they are a fan. It's not hardcore.

I mean, some would say that I'm not that hardcore because I usually only get to go to a game per year (none this season) and I don't really dress up (except to wear my Winston jersey and my wife wears her Duane Brown jersey so we can go as the Tackles on Battle Red day).

It's all good.

I do take some morbid enjoyment in the fact that many of the Cowboys fans who for many years would love them when they were winning and quit watching football when they were losing now have another Texans team to defect to.

Do I like bandwagon fans: No

Do I find it funny to have fairweather cowboys fans defecting from "their team" to supposrt the new top dogs in the lone star state: Yes

I don't know about you guys, but what scares me the most is how do we handle our success. We all know after the 09 season, when we had our first winning season, there was hype surrounding the team the next season, and we all know that season turned out. I'm just nervous because next year we are going to be among the favorites by analyst to represent the afc in the super bowl. Is this team different and they meet those expectations, or will it be the same old Texans and disappoint everyone.

I don't know about you guys, but what scares me the most is how do we handle our success. We all know after the 09 season, when we had our first winning season, there was hype surrounding the team the next season, and we all know that season turned out. I'm just nervous because next year we are going to be among the favorites by analyst to represent the afc in the super bowl. Is this team different and they meet those expectations, or will it be the same old Texans and disappoint everyone.

It'll NEVER be the same old Texans. We'll be one of the favorites to go to the Super Bowl, or to someone's AFC title game, but it will NEVER be the same.

Why? They won a ****ing PLAYOFF GAME!!!! It'll never be the same.

They are going to miss the playoffs again with high expectations. It's going to happen. Don't sweat that, man. Might be 10 years from now, but it's going to happen.

I think they'll be fine. People are going to keep getting hurt? One of these years, all these injuries won't come close to happening. Folks, they were told coming into the season that the division was theirs to LOSE; what did they do?

Its not even just new Texan fans its fans of teams that are already out of the playoffs or didn't make it at all. These goobers try and talk about the Texans like they have watched every game and player this year. They just look dumber and dumber the more they say. I can take the new Texan fans better than these know it all fans of other teams that critique the Texans without knowing a damn thing about them. I sure hope the Texans kick some Raven a$$ so a bunch of these boneheads will shut their pieholes and I'm talking big media all the way down to coworkers, neighbors and friends.

All these "bandwagon" threads and bashing new comers threads are getting out of hand of pointless. First, how do you know some of these people aren't young teens? I know when I first posted here years ago I was a teen and said some stupid stuff, I was ultimately banned and matured since then, but to be so hateful towards these people at first glance is short sighted.

2nd, why hate on all the new guys? Why not EDUCATE THEM instead of being a dick to them? You want our team to be a top team and get recognized, then you need to be a NATIONAL product, not a Houston based one. People complain all the time here that we get no respect and we're not shown outside of Houston area and we get no prime time games, well until more people complain about it nothing will happen.

Every team has fans that make you shake your head, but thats whats great!!! The pessimism does get annoying but so does people (like you) constantly complaining about posts or threads but then you go and start crap like this. :vincepalm:

A lot of you need a reality check because this is not the ONLY Texan site in the world, just because a guy is new here doesn't make him a bandwagon fan.

Bandwagon fans are great when you have a home playoff game, especially if you have seats to fill.

I'll take any bandwagon fan that wants to buy a ticket this coming Sunday, it'll make it that much louder at M&T Bank.

Bandwagon fans are great when you have a home playoff game, especially if you have seats to fill.

I'll take any bandwagon fan that wants to buy a ticket this coming Sunday, it'll make it that much louder at M&T Bank.

So you aren't expecting a sell out for a home playoff game??

All these "bandwagon" threads and bashing new comers threads are getting out of hand of pointless. First, how do you know some of these people aren't young teens? I know when I first posted here years ago I was a teen and said some stupid stuff, I was ultimately banned and matured since then, but to be so hateful towards these people at first glance is short sighted.

2nd, why hate on all the new guys? Why not EDUCATE THEM instead of being a dick to them? You want our team to be a top team and get recognized, then you need to be a NATIONAL product, not a Houston based one. People complain all the time here that we get no respect and we're not shown outside of Houston area and we get no prime time games, well until more people complain about it nothing will happen.

Every team has fans that make you shake your head, but thats whats great!!! The pessimism does get annoying but so does people (like you) constantly complaining about posts or threads but then you go and start crap like this. :vincepalm:

A lot of you need a reality check because this is not the ONLY Texan site in the world, just because a guy is new here doesn't make him a bandwagon fan.

Haha, and here comes Amazing80, the defender of the "new fan's" virginity. Advocate for the non commited. Protector of the one's who just want to live in the now and root for the good teams. Unfortunately, everyone missed the fact that this whole thread was made in jest. None of it was that serious. It was for a laugh. Go grab you a fresh pair of panties and get hyped up for the weekend!! Woot Woot! Go Texans

OH, and I'd rep you, but I'm out of rep points due to the promise I made in this thread...soddy

Haha, and here comes Amazing80, the defender of the "new fan's" virginity. Advocate for the non commited. Protector of the one's who just want to live in the now and root for the good teams. Unfortunately, everyone missed the fact that this whole thread was made in jest. None of it was that serious. It was for a laugh. Go grab you a fresh pair of panties and get hyped up for the weekend!! Woot Woot! Go Texans

OH, and I'd rep you, but I'm out of rep points due to the promise I made in this thread...soddy

Fan since August 2011 takes pop at fan since October 2011 for being a n00b. Priceless!

We're gonna dominate when Schoob is healthy next year. :texanbill:

won't even need Ben Yates. :turtle:

Thats because we are going to draft Peter Griffin III.

I am ok with bandwagon fans because that means our team will get more coverage. Also people know something special is happening and they want to be a part of it. Let them have their piece of the pie. There is more than enough to go around.

Fan since August 2011 takes pop at fan since October 2011 for being a n00b. Priceless!

Oh, no's, I've only been on texantalk since August, and Amazing80 already said how he used to be here a while back....We must not be real fans if we weren't on the internetz! LOL, internet "deuchery" I was repping the Texans in Yokosuka, Japan in 2003 when nobody there knew who they were. I had an expansion jersey before they ever stepped on the field. Too bad I didn't get the all important qualifier as a true fan, and that's an earlier date joining texanstalk! Snap! There goes my fanhood. It's all lost, I should just go root for the Cowboys. Really, dude, do we have to have the join date discussion and how that is meaningless. I used to chat on clutchfans about the Texans, but bounced when it got ridiculous over there. and then of course there were the "99ers", who were akin to people like yourself, people who's only accomplishment in life seems to be joining a fan forum when it first came out.

Look, I dont like these bandwaggoners anymore than you do. What I do know is this:

We have been BEGGING for more exposure and recognition from the mainstream media for the past 10 years. The only thing that brings exposure is winning. Once we start winning, we get a little more exposure. Once we get a little more exposure, we get more fans. Once more fans hop on, we get more primetime games. Once we get more primetime games, we get more exposure...and so on and so forth. One thing is for certain, all good things come from winning. Thats the root of it all.

Its one thing us die hard fans that have been here since day one will have to deal with. I will tell you this, Im glad we have to deal with more band wagon fans than annoying ass cowboy fans.

Not sure if you've noticed or not but they (cowboy fans) have seemed to shut up over the past few weeks and its Texans, Texans, Texans.

You and GP are the same, complain and complain and then complain some more. You think you both are entitled because you have time in compared to others. Doesn't matter. We're all on the same side and we should treat each other like that.

And I could care less about your rep, I am not here for rep, I am here to talk Texans football

Oh, no's, I've only been on texantalk since August, and Amazing80 already said how he used to be here a while back....We must not be real fans if we weren't on the internetz! LOL, internet "deuchery" I was repping the Texans in Yokosuka, Japan in 2003 when nobody there knew who they were. I had an expansion jersey before they ever stepped on the field. Too bad I didn't get the all important qualifier as a true fan, and that's an earlier date joining texanstalk! Snap! There goes my fanhood. It's all lost, I should just go root for the Cowboys. Really, dude, do we have to have the join date discussion and how that is meaningless. I used to chat on clutchfans about the Texans, but bounced when it got ridiculous over there. and then of course there were the "99ers", who were akin to people like yourself, people who's only accomplishment in life seems to be joining a fan forum when it first came out.

chomp-bar-med.gif

You and GP are the same, complain and complain and then complain some more. You think you both are entitled because you have time in compared to others. Doesn't matter. We're all on the same side and we should treat each other like that.

And I could care less about your rep, I am not here for rep, I am here to talk Texans football

LOL, dude you have more rep than me, I was simply stating that because I posted that I would rep everyone who gave a relevant reply. LOL, I'm just stirring the pot brother, don't take offense to it. I've been on T-Talk only a couple months longer than you. God Bless and have a good one. :whip:

Ahh who'd have thought I'd get such a great reaction to a bit of light-hearted Wumming? :spit:

I've got people biting left right and center!

Well known fact; You weren't really a fan until you signed up to TT.

Over here, I was the only Texans fan before we had this great season, now what with all the bandwaggoners and everything I am still the only Texans fan I know of in the area. Although I do have a good friend of mine who's a big Ravens fan who i'm watching the game with on Sunday and I cannot wait!

It's kind of strange. It's like the farther along they go the less I want to interact with people about them. Last week I watched the game by myself in the den with a bucket full of beer and a very loose grip on my sanity. I just knew I wasn't in any mood to be in a crowd. If things "went wrong" I didn't want to be surrounded by people I would inevitably end up arguing with over what happened. Since things went well I just enjoyed it "in here" so to speak. I kind of knew that if the Texans came out and laid an egg against Cincinnati it was going to be a "I just threw a beer through my TV screen" kind of day. If it's going to come to that then it's best done at home I think.

All week long I've felt very little urge to post (many of you may see this as a feature and not a problem) and the last people in the world I want to speak with are Ravens fans. I'm enjoying this and I don't want to read their "You got NO CHANCE" blather. I know what we're looking at and like everyone else here I know the odds. I just think there's always a chance. Hey, I've been sitting in front of a TV for a decade now thinking (stupidly) that were gonna win every week. I may not admit it but I think it. Even in the first couple of years I was looking for that upset every week but knowing it wasn't going to happen.

I think I'll be social this week and watch this game among friends. My mental state is a little more conducive to social interaction. This week I understand the chances are small and I dont' want to say I'm fine with a loss but I understand that the farther along we go the harder it is to succeed with our rookie QB. Again (as always) I'm looking for the upset because if it happens then it's going to be the most amazing thing ever since last weeks "most amazing thing ever".

These successful Texans don't make me anymore nervous though than the previously unsuccessful Texans. They fill me with hope and that's something I was out of by the end of last year.

Hell, the ANNOUNCERS still refer to us as the Titans, Kevin Walter, Owen Daniel, Adrian Foster, Matt Schwab, etc. You think late-to-the-game bandwagon fans are going to be BETTER?

:vincepalm:

Today the Baltimore Ravens welcome the Tennessee Texans....with Jacoby Joseph Watts!!!

....and Gary Phillips! :kubepalm::wadepalm:

Today the Baltimore Ravens welcome the Tennessee Texans....with Jacoby Joseph Watts!!!

....and Gary Phillips! :kubepalm::wadepalm:

Ummm....you know.....I'm thinking Gary Phillips would be the best head coach ever for this team. LOL

It's kind of strange. It's like the farther along they go the less I want to interact with people about them. Last week I watched the game by myself in the den with a bucket full of beer and a very loose grip on my sanity. I just knew I wasn't in any mood to be in a crowd. If things "went wrong" I didn't want to be surrounded by people I would inevitably end up arguing with over what happened. Since things went well I just enjoyed it "in here" so to speak. I kind of knew that if the Texans came out and laid an egg against Cincinnati it was going to be a "I just threw a beer through my TV screen" kind of day. If it's going to come to that then it's best done at home I think.

All week long I've felt very little urge to post (many of you may see this as a feature and not a problem) and the last people in the world I want to speak with are Ravens fans. I'm enjoying this and I don't want to read their "You got NO CHANCE" blather. I know what we're looking at and like everyone else here I know the odds. I just think there's always a chance. Hey, I've been sitting in front of a TV for a decade now thinking (stupidly) that were gonna win every week. I may not admit it but I think it. Even in the first couple of years I was looking for that upset every week but knowing it wasn't going to happen.

I think I'll be social this week and watch this game among friends. My mental state is a little more conducive to social interaction. This week I understand the chances are small and I dont' want to say I'm fine with a loss but I understand that the farther along we go the harder it is to succeed with our rookie QB. Again (as always) I'm looking for the upset because if it happens then it's going to be the most amazing thing ever since last weeks "most amazing thing ever".

These successful Texans don't make me anymore nervous though than the previously unsuccessful Texans. They fill me with hope and that's something I was out of by the end of last year.

I think the thing that bugs me is when people will come up to you and ask you why the Texans ran that play or threw that ball or ran that defense....Like I am a coach or something... It gets to a point where you finally say "Leave me alone...I dont freakin know and let me watch the game"
This has happened numerous times at sports bars.

I have found one remedy.....take a pocket radio with earphones.....usually others will leave you alone if they can tell you are listening to the radio and if they ask you a question....point to your pocket radio....and say your listening to play by play.....

I think the thing that bugs me is when people will come up to you and ask you why the Texans ran that play or threw that ball or ran that defense....Like I am a coach or something... It gets to a point where you finally say "Leave me alone...I dont freakin know and let me watch the game"
This has happened numerous times at sports bars.

I have found one remedy.....take a pocket radio with earphones.....usually others will leave you alone if they can tell you are listening to the radio and if they ask you a question....point to your pocket radio....and say your listening to play by play.....
I'm the opposite...always willing to teach. I know more than enough X's & O's to indoctrinate newbies to alignments, formations, motion & play-action.

If nobody helps these folks, they'll never get any better!

The only thing that's irritating about bandwagoners is being confused with one. I've had at least one guy look at me in my ratty Texans shirt and ask, "Are you a new fan?", all snide and italicized like that. Then I lift my sleeve and show them my Texans tattoo and say, "2 and 14..." I then walk away feeling like the Bruce Willis of fandom. "Die Hard" Bruce Willis...not that ***** "Cop Out" sh!t.

:fans:

I'm the opposite...always willing to teach. I know more than enough X's & O's to indoctrinate newbies to alignments, formations, motion & play-action.

If nobody helps these folks, they'll never get any better!

This. If we do not help the noobs there will be no more TexansTalk.com in 10 years....we need fresh blood, why not mold them the way we want instead of letting them run rough shot and just yelling at them?

This. If we do not help the noobs there will be no more TexansTalk.com in 10 years....we need fresh blood, why not mold them the way we want instead of letting them run rough shot and just yelling at them?

And that wouldn't be a problem, Amazing80, if they were WILLING to learn. A lot of them, think they know everything and no amount of links or hard facts can change their mind. It is what it is I guess. Like I said, I only started this thread as a joke, but there was some truth behind it. I think it sincerely bugs those of us who have had to endure through all the thin, and now that it's thick, here comes "Mister Conveniently a fan of _________" Put the latest winner in the blank. I mean, come on, it's easy to be a fan of the Steelers, and hinge on their 6 championships, or any other recent winner, but how many of these Saints fans where actually fans and went through the many years of hardships that franchise endured. Now thay want to throw "their" Super Bowl in our face. I tell you what though, My buddies, people I served with, even some Japanese folks know who I've always repped, regardless, because that's what a fan does. I'm a Houston fan till I die! And I have a lot of friends that I respect because they've stuck with their teams. It's the one's that just want to be part of something special that erk me. Sure, let's cheer together, but next year, when we are going through a 2 or 3 game skid, don't jump ship, support your squad!

And that wouldn't be a problem, Amazing80, if they were WILLING to learn. A lot of them, think they know everything and no amount of links or hard facts can change their mind. It is what it is I guess. Like I said, I only started this thread as a joke, but there was some truth behind it. I think it sincerely bugs those of us who have had to endure through all the thin, and now that it's thick, here comes "Mister Conveniently a fan of _________" Put the latest winner in the blank. I mean, come on, it's easy to be a fan of the Steelers, and hinge on their 6 championships, or any other recent winner, but how many of these Saints fans where actually fans and went through the many years of hardships that franchise endured. Now thay want to throw "their" Super Bowl in our face. I tell you what though, My buddies, people I served with, even some Japanese folks know who I've always repped, regardless, because that's what a fan does. I'm a Houston fan till I die! And I have a lot of friends that I respect because they've stuck with their teams. It's the one's that just want to be part of something special that erk me. Sure, let's cheer together, but next year, when we are going through a 2 or 3 game skid, don't jump ship, support your squad!

Dude. We're trying to help you newbs out. You have to pay attention though. Its rough being a Houston fan. You have to know when its ok to relax (after the game is over... never a moment before) and you have to know when to talk trash. (Never before the game is over.)

Most importantly you need to learn when to cheer and when to STFU. Now if you and Amazing80 will pay attention one day you too can be a good fan.

Mike

Dude. We're trying to help you newbs out. You have to pay attention though. Its rough being a Houston fan. You have to know when its ok to relax (after the game is over... never a moment before) and you have to know when to talk trash. (Never before the game is over.)

Most importantly you need to learn when to cheer and when to STFU. Now if you and Amazing80 will pay attention one day you too can be a good fan.

Mike

STFU, don't even start a war of words with me. i am not jumping into a pissing contest because frankly, you would be pissing into the wind. I shouldn't have to defend myself on this site every day but it seems like guys with years on this site act like they are the only fans in the world...GET OVER YOURSELF....Some of us avoid this site because of garbage like this. Ive been a fan since day one and use to FREQUENT this site, I am sure some of you will know my old screen name, I know if Vinny were around he would not like I was here.....amazingandre.....THATS me, Im back, Im older and much more mature, but people like you are starting to irritate me with all this garbage about not being a real fan.

STFU, don't even start a war of words with me. i am not jumping into a pissing contest because frankly, you would be pissing into the wind. I shouldn't have to defend myself on this site every day but it seems like guys with years on this site act like they are the only fans in the world...GET OVER YOURSELF....Some of us avoid this site because of garbage like this. Ive been a fan since day one and use to FREQUENT this site, I am sure some of you will know my old screen name, I know if Vinny were around he would not like I was here.....amazingandre.....THATS me, Im back, Im older and much more mature, but people like you are starting to irritate me with all this garbage about not being a real fan.

I'm not starting a war of words. I was giving you advice. I don't know why you told me to Stir The Fire Up. I am sorry you are insecure about the length of time that you have been here. If you stay longer that will go away. This talk that you cannot be a true fan because you only started rooting for the Texans in October is just not legitimate.

Mike

Back