Why our message board is the best!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by PocketAces, Oct 24, 2006.

1. PocketAces

PocketAces Rookie

I was just wondering how many of you guys look around the league and visit other teams message boards. I have and I find it astonishing that there are so many people out there who just think we are the worse team in the league. Do fans even look at the injury reports? I look at the Jags site, before our game those fans had their team beating us by 21, some by 28. Do they even take into account their losses on defense and offense? After the game they find excuses why they lost and then they remember the key losses on their D. How about the fact that the Texans had two key people come off the PUP and our team chemistry has only become more effective each week. Look at the reduction in sacks, look at the competition we have had to play, look at personnel improvement involvement in the offense! How many of you guys have notices Cook blocking his butt of last week or Kevin Walters becoming more of a factor in the passing game??? The team is starting to gel but only our fans can see it??? I go over to the Titans site and they have the audacity to claim a blowout win this week????? They sound just like the Redskins fans the week of the Titans/Redskins game! What a bunch of morons! That is what I love about this message board, our fans are upbeat but honest! We believe and have hope but we look at the big picture!!!! I believe this week will be a close game, and Vince is looking good. Our run D is not great and it will be a challenge containing Vince, there is no doubt about it. Look at our game film and it is easily seen that containment has been an issue, plus Mario is going to be exposed with that option play they run and there is nothing we can do about it. It is not Mario’s fault; he is a rookie and a very raw one at that. I hope he proves me wrong but after watching his containment issues this season, I can’t help but be afraid of the problems that might arise. Plus they have a certain top notch receiver that has been on the injury report that is probably coming back this week; I hope people are taking this into account. Henry will have another big game because of the Vince Factor and the only way we can win is to out score those guys. The Titans almost scored on every drive during their last game against a good Redskins D, so for anyone on this site to say we are going to destroy the Titans is ludicrous.. I wish fans would actually look at the big pictures before coming on the message boards and making claims of victory. We can win this game if we can have two back to back TD scoring drives and we force the Titans to move the ball by having to throw it. We will play our prevent defense, and even then it is going to be a battle because Vince is a much better passer then given credit for and he is starting to gel with his guys as Carr is with ours. It will be a tough game!

2. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I thought it was because I'm a member. :tomato:

3. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I dunno, it's all a matter of perspective imo. We have had certain fans on here that thought we were going 13-3 prior to the season, and still are delusional enough to think we will go 10-6 or even 11-5. Blind homer fans are not the province of only one area or one team. Every team has certain individuals who wear rose colored glasses. It's not as if Jax or Tenn is unique at all in that respect. I just disagree with your thesis that somehow Texans fans glasses are any less rosy than other teams.

As far as the game, I agree with Mario. He has fallen for misdirection, or taken himself out of the play at time because he is raw, and has trouble diagnosing the play at times. I think overall though, we have at least a 50-50 shot at winning this game.

4. brewhaus

brewhaus All Pro

I have been on the Titan's board today and there were some nice folks there, as well as a couple of "wankers". They were giving us credit where it was due. I think the game Sunday is gonna be a good one, no doubt. We are pretty evenly matched (from looking at each team's stat sheet). Vince is going to give us a run-for-our-money, and I am hoping that the same guys that showed up for the Texans at last weeks game will be there again on Sunday. We played GREAT and we need it again this week. :twocents:

5. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

One thing I will say is that there will be two really good head coaches there Sunday. In fact, maybe 3, if you count Sherman.

6. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Veteran

Both teams seem to understand this is a big game for each. Not because it's just divisional, but because for both of us, there's hope of winning. Neither team is great, we all see that our team has shown flashes of playing well. Consistant play is what wins championships. Coming off of a win for each club that was much needed, now we're hoping to build on that. One team has to lose.

Good Luck and may the football gods protect our teams from injury.

7. Mysteryhunt

Mysteryhunt Veteran

i need paragraph breaks in that beast to be able to get through it.

8. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Good point. I could use a capital "I". :rolleyes:

9. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

For that little comment I would edit out all the punctuation just to mess with you.

:bananasplit:

10. NATHANHALE

NATHANHALE Veteran

...thank goodness TK breaks his posts up most of the time!!!!!!!!!!!!1

11. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

actually i dont see anything wrong with the original post but i guess i just need to look at it again i dont see any misspellings or anything are you guys sure theres something wrong with it wheres the problem :confused:

12. sk8termom

sk8termom Rookie

I agree- this is one of the best message boards out there... They message board for the Steelers is absolutely awful!!! The posters here are wonderful, I have to admit that part of my reason for the Texans being my #2 team is because of the wonderful posters on this board.

Texan Asylum likes this.
  13. POWERBALL

POWERBALL Rookie

We Are The Texans And No Other Team Matters..imo.plus..we Have The Best Fans And The Best Team Coming In The Near Future..thank You "butt" Adams For Taking Your Reject Chokers To Tennessee.i At Least Have Hope For Once In Taking Pride And Excitement In A Real Owner And Real Franchise.choke On That Adams.and For Cowboys And Their Fans!!!!!!!!!!!get Used To Bad Tuna And Dull Losing Football..and For Texans Fans Who Doubt...wear Your Pride Boastfully When We Win Big Soon...go Texans And Keep Winning.#1

14. LBC_Justin

LBC_Justin All Pro

there's nothing wrong with your grammer or the post but I have to admit the long paragraphs are pretty hard to read. Just needs to be broken up a bit with a few strokes of the enter key. I can't even read the people that post in all caps....feels like someone is yelling at me.

I totally agree with you. This messageboard is amazing. Probably the best I have been on for any topic not just football.

btw: Vince Young is a rookie. Personally I fear no rookie QB, he will be twice as likely to be the one to blow the game than to win it for them. That is the reality of being a rookie, especially at the QB position, so as or right now that position is a HUGE liability for them, at least until he gets comfortable.

I would say the Texans have to be favored in this game but not by much and I have watched enough Texans games to know they are more than capable of losing to any opponent, and losing big at that.

15. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

We do have the best message board out there and you know why, because this is Texas and its football country. Not to mention that there are so many long time posters on this board.

On the HoustonTexams.com message board we know football, and we know it well, even when people dissagree its usually just because of a difference of opinion, not because people dont know what they are talking about. And that is how respect is earned.

Every once in a while there is some random person that decides to join the board, thinking that they are football/draft gurus. They usually stop posting after getting thrashed for talking non-sense, and that is how we keep the board free of trolls. We know our football and dumb posts arent taken lightly around here.

16. rafterticket

rafterticket Veteran

I wasn't worried about the Titans game until I watched them play the Colts. It will be a good game, but I think we can take 'em.

But overall, yes, we do have some more realistic people on this board, for the most part. I'll take ours over many of the others I've looked over.

17. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

10-6? 11-5? Those people are definitely delusional. Personally, I have us going 12-4. :redtowel:

18. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Yeah but you got it off your chest. Like taking a big dump, bet ya felt better.

19. Cruuuuuuuz

Cruuuuuuuz Veteran

YES POCKETACES!!!!
    Yes we are.
    THE BEST MESSAGEBOARD IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!!
    :fortune:
    I have about a million sarcastic jokes i could apply here...but why?
    You see the power of the return key?

Great post! Keep em, coming!

20. Dawkins

Dawkins Rookie

This board is ace.