Why not Rosenfels?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by jayjordan, Dec 20, 2006.

1. jayjordan

jayjordan Rookie

Rosenfels looked good the few games he played in why not give him a try? I guess there trying to get their money worth out of carr wreck.

2. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Hes got a broken hand. That usually puts a damper on a QBs ability to start in the NFL.

3. GanadoUHCoog

GanadoUHCoog Rookie

he broke his hand a few weeks ago...or I have a feeling we would have seen plenty of what he could do over the past few weeks. jmo

4. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

In the short term, Sage broke his hand and out for the season. As for 2007, it is anybody's guess.

5. axman40

axman40 Hall of Fame

Broken hand what a pansy! Real men play through pain!

:jk: :texflag:

6. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

i dont think it matters if he was the bionic man. mcnair wants carr and carr it is unless he had a season ending or career ending injury we will continue to see David "Check three down and Out" Carr.

7. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

I bet even McNair's golfing buddies are giving him hell. He has already shown he doesn't care what the fans think but maybe now that his friends (and in some cases Texans investors) are gonna be riding his butt, maybe he will do something. Geez, it practically took a boardroom coup for McNair to get rid of Capers. Here is to all his drinking/golfing buddies giving him hell for how embarassing the Texans and specifically their decision making has been.

Sadly based on McNair's recent statements, it will probably take an act of god for him to get rid of Lil' Davey....

Sage would be an upgrade over Carr but we all knew that already....McNair just hasnt gotten the memo yet

8. A Texan

A Texan Veteran

If you only had two QB's on the team why would you have your backup playing on special teams where he might have to make a tackle and hurt himself? Not a good deal.

9. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

he was the placeholder. not unusual for the backup to hold on kicks.....if memory serves me

10. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

The punter (Stanley) had hurt his hand so he had two fingers taped together. He's the usual holder. It was a very long, weird chain of events.

11. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Sadly based on McNair's recent statements, it will probably take an act of god for him to get rid of Lil' Davey....

God would say ... Replace him or keep the roof closed .

12. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

Im just thinking about how sad it is to even be considering to replace carr with sage does carr suck that much. wow we could of had peppers:includeme: :gun:

13. jayjordan

jayjordan Rookie

So would yall tryout rosenfels for next year and still get a QB in the draft just in chance or pick up plummer?

14. TEXANSTAILGATER

TEXANSTAILGATER Veteran

15. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

I would like to propose a ban on all lame and millions-of-times-recycled wordplays involving projection of Carr as an automobile.

They weren't that funny five years ago and they sure as hell aren't funny now.

Coach C. likes this.
  16. HeartofHouston

HeartofHouston Veteran

I would try to trade Carr away...

Give Rosenfels a Shot and pick up Troy Smith with our first rounder.. Let Rosenfels play out the season and let Smith watch this season and see how things turn out.. at the very very worst Smith learns from Rosenfels and gets ready in a year or two.

17. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Even thought it's been explained, I find it odd, too.

I have to hand it to Sage, though. That was one helluva' special teams play.

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I seriously doubt they'll try to trade David.

We look dumb enough already, passing Lienart & Cutler, and giving David $8 million plus his salary....... then dump him the next year for a second day pick, or a second string LB

19. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

If anybody has tapes of Sage playing this year, they might want to check something out. I'd like to know if Sage drops less deep on 5 and 7 step drops than Carr. I have heard this from a friend who is pretty knowledgable about such things, but I don't have any of those games saved anymore.

Maybe the line does block better for Sage, and maybe it is because he makes the tackles' jobs easier by not giving the DE's as good as an angle as Carr does.

Is this a piece of the mystery?

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I watched for that earlier in the year...... I don't believe it is true, not by much, if any at all.

But the problem with Carr's 5 & 7 step drops, is that 5 is more like 6, and 7 is more like 8...... so were Sage is ready to come up, and make his throw, David still has half a step to go.... then he bounces on that half step, before he starts back up.