Why is your hand still over the panic button? (Lionheart)

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Endcoachment, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Endcoachment

Endcoachment Rookie

[​IMG]

Panic is something new to most Texans fans. Never before in the history of our franchise have we been subjected to this kind of reaction, so it's easy to assume the sky is falling prematurely. I get that. What I don't get is how the loss of our starting QB overshadows our return of the first superstar.

Over the season Shaubshank has averaged 15 to 20 passes a game, thanks to our great run game. Now that the sky is still where it was yesterday, remember all that talk about how 'Andre just being on the field spells at least 50 yards for Arian'? Yeah, with Lionheart taking the reigns that still doesn't change the fact that defenses will have to account for Dreighty.

I'm not one to drink the Kool aid and call it Crown, but Mr. Thrownaroundtheleague (Kurt Warner) himself said that Lion should be fine. Why? Maybe it's that USC play action coming back into form. Sure the guy's got a bad rep, but who wouldn't be a party boy coming off of a hiesman, going into the NFL. And lets face it, the Cards O Book is nothing like Koobs book.

That is why I look for Matt to gave a good, not great, game going into Jax. But after that I think his confidence and ability will soar going into the Dangles game. This guy knows how to make plays with his feet, something Shaubshank is a little slower at. So now the opposing D has to account for Fostered Flakes, Mac Dre, and BraveArt.

Check this vid. Yeah its old, but if ole tubby is half the guy he was then, we all should be in for a ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX8XyIASZro&feature=related

There are three bootleg plays here. One in which all the LB's bite on, and Two in which the D makes a great read to the point where BraveArt has to make plays with his feet.

So in closing, what is you reason for hovering over the panic button. I hope the mods don't merge as i am wanting to know the psyche around here.

Edit: One other BIG key to Matt's success over at USC was having Reggies Bush. They had to respect the NCAA's leading rusher much like teams HAVE to respect AF. They had hold Bush accountable at all times. Back then, if Matt sold the fake well, it was usually a 20+ yard gain in the air.

Scooter likes this.
  2. speedfreek

speedfreek Hall of Fame

line-art has done absolutely nothing over his NFL career.
    nothing..

anyone that thinks he's going to come out and be
    as good or better than schaub is relying on a type of
    faith greater than any religion on the planet.

if the guy does well, great, then we keep rolling
    on into the playoffs..

but to just assume everything is going to be hunky dory
    is to be betting against the odds.

the guy has done NOTHING to warrant this confidence the
    fan base has in him..

TJ

3. AnthonyE

AnthonyE Lurker

SO MANY NICKNAMES!

I really like Dreighty, btw.

Overall, I have to agree with everything you said. The loss of Schaub sucks, but at least we have a good running game and a good defense. Schaub didn't really have to do all that much anyway. I have confidence in Leinart.

4. 2slik4u

2slik4u Hall of Fame

King of the nicknames over here...

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

My finger is on this button

[​IMG]

6. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I don't believe anyone thinks Lienart is going to be as good or better than Schaub has been over his career.

As good or better than Schaub has been this season, I think the argument can be made. Schaub hasn't looked like Schaub. He has not been as good as, or better than Schaub had been.

7. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Is this about the Texans? Who the hell are these people?

8. DexmanC

DexmanC Hall of Fame

If this was 2009, and Schaub had gone down, I'd have been nervous.

In 2011, however, the running game and defense are carrying the team,
    not Schaub. As long as the running game and defense does its job,
    Leinart can manage the 15-20 pass attempts he'll be called on to do.
    The wide receivers still rack of the majority of their yards on YAC anyway.

In the context of the season, Schaub really didn't mean that much.
    It sucks to lose him, but he was by no means the main reason this team was
    winning ballgames in 2011.

9. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

This entire "panic" button post of yours isn't even accurate regarding the fans. For the most part most Texan fans have felt pretty confident due to the situation at hand considering that we lost our QB. Every single team in the league would question their team's chances if their starting QB went down for the rest of the season though. That's perfectly normal. If you look around this site or hear a lot of the radio callers there isn't some extreme state of chaos and panic with this fan base though.

10. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

can we kill that idiotic nickname? I know the left coasters used it, but jeez its so lame and embarrassing.

11. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

He dropped around twenty idiotic nicknames. You're gonna have to be more specific.
    You referring to Lionheart?

12. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

yeah, when I hear the term it hurts my brain.

13. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

No one is asking Leinart to be Schaub and no one thinks he is going to be better than Schaub. The faith everyone has comes from the cast of characters around him.

To assume than we can keep running the ball down teams throats is not betting against the odds. Since Andre went down teams have known that was the game plan and guess what, we are still running it with success.

If you have watched any games lately, you would know what this team is about. Playing smash mouth football!

14. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

I agree with your line of thinking.

It does beg the question of how much our running game prospers on the sheer threat of Schaub being on the field though.

The defense has to respect the QB's ability.

15. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

Panic button?

From most of the posts I've read everybody on the board seem pretty calm, easpecially considering a couple games in to the season the sky is falling.

I could see Leinhart going either way, but I lean toward success just a little. Hell I think somebody put something in the kool aid around here, it might be too positive, but we have to wait a little over a week just to find out who's right and wrong.

Vinny likes this.
  16. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

For Vinny:

[​IMG]

Vinny likes this.
  17. BullNation4Life

BullNation4Life Hall of Fame

I hear the term it reminds me of this guy....

[​IMG]

Or even this guy...

[​IMG]

All I know is, if Leinart comes out and wins, the Texans will never.....EEEEEEEEver....be the same...Again!

Vinny likes this.
  18. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Jack Daniels > panic button

Schaub > Hot Tub Boy

Hot Tub Beer Funnel Boy > most 2nd string QBs

We'll still be in the playoffs folks. It's just a matter of how long we stay in them. With our running game, defense, and LeanHeart making those dump off passes mixed with an occasional down field completion we'll still be making noise.

19. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

I thought there was a rule about nicknames - noone may submit one.

We went through the nicknames for our defense (mccain wanted bullrush), nicknaming our players, then it was the stadium(ok, I was guilty too) but after that it seemed that we should let the players and the media define themselves and create a nickname.

Nicknaming a player before he plays a down in two years is asking the football gods to smite us once again. We already know they have put a target on us.

And lionheart is so 1980s.

Afterthought disclaimer editing: And I know your trying to have fun with the nicknames so don't come at me like I am the fun police. It is just a little premature and pointless to me. But you go ahead and have your fun and do whatever makes you happy..

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  20. Scooter

Scooter Funky

every post from now on should be loaded with nicknames.