Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Why is Wells starting?

I dont mind that Morency isnt starting but I would mind him not getting about 10-15 carries today.

It isnt about who starts, it's about who plays...

the wonger need food said:
The season is long over.... the front office geniuses used a high draft pick on Morency... why isn't he starting?

So now a third round pick is a HIGH pick? Maybe because Wells has been very good in relief of Davis? The team is still playing to win despite everyone clamoring for Bush. Morency should get some carries today.

Wolf said:
Wells 21 rushes 86 yards 4.1 ave long 13 and 0 td

Here's what I think would've happened if DD had been healthy and had 21 rushes.

21 rushes for 86 yds.

4.1 avg.

5 catches for 40 yds. receiving.

The big pass plays to AJ and Bradford would not have happened. Carr would've been sacked. No knock on DD (well, not really), but I think this team does better overall with Wells. (No comment on Morency.)

HJam72 said:
Here's what I think would've happened if DD had been healthy and had 21 rushes.

21 rushes for 86 yds.

4.1 avg.

5 catches for 40 yds. receiving.

The big pass plays to AJ and Bradford would not have happened. Carr would've been sacked. No knock on DD (well, not really), but I think this team does better overall with Wells. (No comment on Morency.)
I agree.

I agree. We and they should too know that Wells is a viable back up. The team should play Morency most of the game to see how productive he can be for an entire game, not just a couple of plays.

Bobby 119C:brickwall

jayseed2002 said:
We KNOW what we get out of wells, we know what we get out of dd, the season is OVER.... lets see what we get out of morency and god forbid "th"....actually see the field..... The snowball continues! :brickwall

With Armstrong and Murphy inactive again this week, I don't see any evidence that the Texans staff are making any effort at all to evaluate players. I know the coaching staff doesn't care, but you'd think somebody from McNair on down would overrule them if they thought it was important.

No need to evaluate any of them, their all running on borrowed time.

The Bush-Davis duo is almost a reality now...

Runner said:
With Armstrong and Murphy inactive again this week, I don't see any evidence that the Texans staff are making any effort at all to evaluate players. I know the coaching staff doesn't care, but you'd think somebody from McNair on down would overrule them if they thought it was important.

Completely baffling how Armstrong doesn't see the field. And to not play Morency is obsurd. This coaching staff cannot get run out of town fast enough.

I've been extremely dissappointed in the coaches for not letting Morency in the game more. Soon after he was drafted, they kept comparing his size and ability to Davis. I think he may have a little more break away speed than Davis, but I don't know if we'll ever see him get more than 8 carries a day. Maybe the next coaching staff will let him see the field. I think he has potential.

The thing that gets me about it too is that Reeves was brought in to evaluate talent, the season has long been over, why not evaluate some players in game situations instead of practice? And who was that Alfred Malone guy? Has he been on the roster all season?

I think they are grooming Wells to be the thunder in a thunder and lightning attack and we all know reggie bush will be the lightning.

Davis has proved he can't stay healthy, i hope he gets his 1000 yards and we trade him.

Davis has no trade worth since all his bonus would count against the cap....nobody would give us enough to absorb it. Davis will be here for the long haul. Wells is a FA and I bet he doesn't come back unless he takes a small salary. He is way too easy to replace.

Vinny said:
Wells is a FA and I bet he doesn't come back unless he takes a small salary. He is way too easy to replace.
Therefor all the more puzzling that they don't play Morency and give him
some game experience ? Perhaps its because Capers sympathesis and identifies with a loyal veteran who is only history to this franchise rather than the newcomer who is part of its future.

nunusguy said:
Therefor all the more puzzling that they don't play Morency and give him
some game experience ? Perhaps its because Capers sympathesis and identifies with a loyal veteran who is only history to this franchise rather than the newcomer who is part of its future.
quite possibly. One of Capers' fatal flaws is his blind loyalty.

Vinny said:
Davis has no trade worth since all his bonus would count against the cap....nobody would give us enough to absorb it. Davis will be here for the long haul. Wells is a FA and I bet he doesn't come back unless he takes a small salary. He is way too easy to replace.

Agree. Wells will be gone and DD will be here because of economic reasons. Whether we draft Bush or not, that's another matter altogether.

Hopefully the last game will feature much more of Morency... But I'm not putting up my house as security on that bet :)

Seems like they really should resign Wells, if they don't get Bush.

....I take that back--we're OK with Morency (probably).

Back