Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Lack of leadership from the coaching staff and front office

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • As David Carr regresses so does the team

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Players are not buying into the system

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
Why is this year's version of the Texans regressing? We were promised that it would get better and yet they make the same mistakes we've seen for 5 years plus more.

Why is this year's version of the Texans regressing? We were promised that it would get better and yet they make the same mistakes we've seen for 5 years plus more.

I don't think they're regressing at all. They're better than last year. It's just that they have the least amount of talent in the NFL imo. In most cases I would say Kubiak gets a free pass but his personnel decisions have been atrocious. Or at least Casserly's were. From keeping Carr to passing on Bush, you would think this team has zero ability to evaluate offensive talent.

Going into a season with Dayne and Lundi as your top RBs is puzzling. In all honesty there are only a handful of Texans that could start for other teams. IMO they are A. Johnson, Ryans, M. Williams (maybe), and Robinson. Everyone else is mediocre to below average.

When David Carr is your second best offensive players, it's no wonder you're 3-8.

None, its a new system, and new staff. We have to deal with HORRIBLE O-line play because Casserly did not believe in drafting O-lineman because he said, "it takes 3 years to develop an offensive lineman, and so it wont help us now."

As bad as we look today, Mario and Demeco are playing well and the draft class this year from our new staff looks good.

how about replacing 4/5th of the line from last year.. injuries have really hurt AGAIN

Yeah, the O-line looks BAD again today.

Other than the Bengals I dont know of a team with a beat up O-line like us.

We stink too....Pitiful line play and Carr's damn fumbles....I'm sick of all of it...I get up and get a beer when the O plays so I can be back in time to watch the D.

...because the offensive line sucks. Carr's erratic play isn't helping either. But the no. 1 problem is the offensive line. 1a. is Carr.

No doubt that Carr looks to be a lost cause...

Front office will have to make some critical decisions this off-season. Moving on without Carr and packaging Johnson for either picks or O-line help will be steps in the right direction.

Maybe the second half will change -- otherwise we are worse off than at this time last year as a football team, no matter the production of this years draft....

Cleveland has lost almost every one of their starters. Oakland is missing at least 2 starters today. I don't have time to research it, but every team in the NFL has injuries every year. It's no longer a valid excuse for losing.

The Texans have 12 players on IR (thus having NO further input on the season) - the most in the NFL - plus several other starters with persistent injuries. That's an obscene IR number. When you add to that the fact that we were the worst team in the league last year, have had horrible personnel decisions for several years, have a whole new defensive system and offensive setup, new coaches, ZERO consistency at O-Line (which is vital for a line to play well) and had no self belief at all coming into the season, I'm amazed we're not doing worse than we are.

The Texans were a train wreck coming into the season with some promising new players, a few good or promising veterans and A LOT of mediocre to poor old ones. The new ones are all doing well - some exceptionally so. But the old problems that were stinking us up last year are still reeking pretty bad this time round. We have the worst O-Line in the NFL, without a doubt. We did last year and almost all the players we brought in to change that this year are gone to IR. Our star running back is probably out for good, we're pretty much on our fourth string DTs now, we're using a nickel corner at CB#2, an SS who can't cover in the FS spot, REALLY ordinary OLBs and Carr NEEDS to learn to hold onto the ball when he's hit.

In other words, it's not any one thing. It's not Carr, it's not Capers and Casserly (although it kind of is), it's not our O-Line, it's not our RBs, it's not our secondary, it's not the schemes ... it is all of these things plus the state we were in when the season started and a few more things besides.

I don't think we are regressing though, believe it or not. I think it's just that we still suck. We just suck in slightly different ways.

Back