Why is everyone so high on Adrian Peterson?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by freedoggy77, Mar 15, 2007.

1. freedoggy77

freedoggy77 Veteran

Sure, he's a great running back. However, he does have injury problems. And also, even if he falls to 8 why would the Texans pick him after signing Green? I realize Green's a veteran and will retire soon but with Peterson we would be throwing money away on Green if he doesn't play!

2. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Green is 30...we would have a SERIOUS luxury with Peterson. Yes, he's had injury problems, but nothing is chronic nor major...he's just fine, nothing to worry about. Besides...him being injured has been some what of a blessing. If healthy, Bob Stoops wold have ran Peterson ragged.

3. Exithios

Exithios Veteran

:deadhorse

4. Dunta_23

Dunta_23 All Pro

Ahman Green is the starter as of now....Who is his backup? We have Gado(undrafted), Lundy(6th rounder), Taylor(undrafted)...We need a solid #2 RB to play with Green if we are a run oriented offense...AD and Green would probably be one of the best tandems in the league...also, from what Ive heard, Greens contract is fairly inexpensive in the final 2 years, so when his play starts to decline, AD would be just getting into his prime. Also, he is an amazing RB prospect.

5. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

so I guess a broken collarbone is a chronic injury? This just in...teams need two good backs. Please feel free to come join us in the newest NFL decade any time you please.

6. real

real Guest

Peterson doesn't make it to 8.

But for the purposes of this thread...

I wouldn't mind trading out of the pick if he DID fall...But we can't just ignore the fact that he's on the board and pass on him.

7. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

Exactly my thoughts....

Geesh, how many times do we have to cover this?

Simply put, we need a franchise RB... We don't have one. AD is the best available and we hope he falls to us at #8...

8. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

Is this a dead Horse? It looks more like a stubborn donkey. Anyway, they both fit in this thread.

9. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

I'll never understand how one injury is sufficient to tag a guy with "injury problems" ... let alone a collarbone or something totally unrelated to basic football movements ... if the guy had a massive tear of knee cartilage or something that wasn't reasonably expected to heal that would be different.

10. Dunta_23

Dunta_23 All Pro

You musnt have heard that he sprained his ankle either then...he must be a useless RB

11. humbleone

humbleone Veteran

Like X said, there is very little chance he will make it to 8. If he did, the value for the spot to take him would probably be too great to pass on for a team with as many holes as we have to fill.

IMO, this draft is going to be the most fun one in years due to the fact that it is looking like it is going to be a lot less predictable than normal in the first round. (even in the first 10)

12. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

because adrian peterson is a very rare player.

13. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Absolutely--when was the last time someone was billed as the best RB in the past decade.

Queue Homer Simpson--doooh!

14. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

So rare that a once in a lifetime RB comes out every year. Now thats rare.

15. Please_Evolve

Please_Evolve Veteran

Free doggy get ready cause you'll hear this next year with McFadden.

16. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

No doubt he's a tremendous running back, but has he not missed extensive
    time in 2 of his 3 seasons while in college at OK ?
    And did he also have a history of injuries when he played H.S. ball in Texas ?

17. trutxn

trutxn Veteran

Yeah, as if last years was so predictable. This will be a good draft because there is so much depth at a variety of positions.

18. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

who i'm higher on than peterson especially considering peterson's injry problem.

regardless of how you feel about AP's injuries....he gets injured and misses time. i dont care if its a toenail. if you're hurt you're not playing. and he seems to have some definite moments in that department.

19. Battle Red Flash

Battle Red Flash Veteran

He's had injuries. I would not consider it "injury problems". Most football players have had injuries. Thurman Thomas blew out his ACL in college and many passed on him til the Bills took him, and he was great.
    Peterson's big, very fast, and a good kid. He'd be the future.
    Green is 30, and it would not be a waste for them to split time this coming year. Then they'd both be fresh for the playoffs!

PLAYOFFS?! :)

20. 281

281 Hall of Fame

so he screwed up his ankle once and broke his collarbone in a freak injury and he's injury prone.... hilarious. people make it seem as if he was frank gore in college. this kid's talent is through the roof, and i honestly think he's the best back since LT to come out of college. I heard a rumor that we wouldn't take him if he fell to 8... which really worries me.