Why I would keep Kubiak

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TEXANRED, Dec 27, 2009.

1. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

I know I know. You look at my soap and you say to yourself, "WTF? Make up your mind." Well, I do feel this way for the most part but hear me out.

I really don't wanna go 6-10 or worse next year. Next years schedule is going to be brutal enough with the team that we have without having to throw in a new coach and a new system and everything else that goes with change. Not only are we going to have to play our divisional schedule, but also the NFC East. And to top that if we do finish second in our division we get the 2nd place schedule.

We have improved every year under Kubiak. We are a running back and a center away from being able to compete within our division. This is the best Defense we have ever had.

I am going to agree with Bum Phillips, we are on the verge of something special and I want to see one more year.

I hate myself.

b0ng likes this.
  2. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

That makes 2 of us, I hate you too.

J/K....lol.. You know where I stand, I don't have the soap. I think we are on the verge of something great too, it's just a ***** trying to get over that hill. When we do get there, it will be a sweet thing and the good thing is that we are being built to contend for a while....not a 1 and done.

3. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

I think this is true. After another draft and a couple more free agent moves this team will have a really solid roster built for a series of playoff runs.

4. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

This hill is more like Everest but I guess its better to be almost to the top than to be under the mountain like we were at 2-14.

5. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

I think we're really close and I don't buy into the NFC east hype, whoever coaches this team will get us to the playoffs next year. My fear of a new coach is that this roster doesn't fit into his plan and we get a huge roster shift that is essentially starting over

6. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Kubiak is back next year anyway, so all the hang wringing is useless. We've got one more draft and season under Kubiak and Smith, so we might as well cheer them on and hope for the best.

Wolf likes this.
  7. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

Well Thorn I guess you don't see much chance of the Texans succeeding under Kubiak next year. Could be worse, you could be sporting a JETS avatar again.

8. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

You never know what the Texans are going to do. But one thing is for sure, whatever happens during the offseason and training camp, they have got to get this only playing half a game thing out of their system. If these guys could just improve to playing 3 quarters from 2, I'll bet we are in the playoffs next year.

9. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

Agreed

10. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Whats all this talk about next years NFC opponents? Our achilles heel has been our division, period. Win in the south and all is good, IMHO.

11. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

I think a running game, OD being healthy, and getting Pitts back will help with that.

12. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Anxious on my part. I don't wanna lose to Dallas in our house, I may be going to the Philly game so if I am going to have stuff slung at my head and end up in jail I would like for us to at least win, and the Giants and Redskins are good team. That and its a tough smash mouth old school division.

For our division we need CB's and a FS to beat Indy, a DT to beat the Tits, and some luck to beat the Jags.

Edit:

Maybe Kubiak really is trying to get fired.

Next years schedule:
    Home: Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City, San Diego, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, AFC North
    Away: Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Oakland, Philadelphia, Washington, AFC East

AFC North will either be Pit or Baltimore and AFC East will be the Jets.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  13. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

I know there are a lot out there ready to get rid of Kubes. I just can't get over the fact that this team just seems like it is so close, this team has been in every game except the Jets game. I think that's what makes it so frustrating.

Even though the record doesn't show it (yet) but this team has gotten better each year under Kubes. The first couple of years were leaps, and the last few have been baby steps, but that's how it works in my opinion.

14. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

Hell when Kubiak got here a three game winning streak was unheard of. I think the biggest step has been our legitimacy. I don't think any team faces us like the pushovers we were our first six seasons. We are routinely picked to win against contenders, even on the road. We HAVE to win more division games next year and I think that over the W/L ratio will deceide whether Kubiak returns after next year.

15. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Guys, honestly, all I want is improvement in the AFC South. I don't think that's too much to ask for. We take care of our own division, and the rest will take care of itself.

Next year's schedule is going to be B-R-U-T-A-L.

16. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Fixed it.

Wow. That's a tough schedule. Playing big boy football next season.

17. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

To pull a wining season from that line up will be a major challenge. That is one tough line up of teams...... as we understand them this year. They may change.

18. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

Our defense early in the year nearly cost us 3 games, but now it's one of our biggest strengths i think. I can still see 10 wins in our schedule next year due to the fact that i think we can only get better by the draft and FA. We can easily win all 4 games in the NFC East cause i also don't buy into the hype. The only possible loss from that division i think is the Eagles. I think we can go either 3-3 or 4-2 in division next year since i think we'll go back to at least beating the Jaguars again, and god forbid we might actually beat the Colts once.

19. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Yes, we are, my friend. That's why this season was the season to shore up our issues and learn to play 60 minutes. Next year is going to be a struggle. And we know how this team does in struggles...

Still, today's win was a good one, and the first half was exciting. I'll take it.

20. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

We are improving every year since Kubiak became HC for the Texans. When he first arrived here, we were bad team. For last two years, we were 8-8. And this year, we may ended up having the first winning record + playoff.

Go Texans!!!