Why does everyone hate C.C. Brown?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by DominickDavisFan76, Jun 15, 2006.

1. DominickDavisFan76

DominickDavisFan76 Veteran

I dont know what everyones deal is with C.C. Brown...What did he do wrong for the texans....NOTHING!!

He had the most tackles for all the backs. Plus that was his first year.
    You cant expect a rookie that was taken in the 6th round to just go out their and lead his team to a 16-0 season. That is why their is no "I" in team.

Because he cant do it all by himself

Yes he doesnt have the speed that the texans need on our defense.
    But Rodney Harrison is the slowest Safety (that starts) and He does pretty damn good.

So I honestly think that with the coaching of Richard Smith and some coaching from Gary Kubiak, I think this guy can make the Pro Bowl in 3 years.
    Or start for the Texans till then. So why does everyone think he is terrible.

2. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I don't think anybody hates him. I just think that people think we need more help at the safety position because C.C. is an average player right now and the position can be upgraded. I don't think anyone has anything against C.C., I like him a matter of fact, but he might need a little more time to reach his full potential and getting a veteran safety could give him some time to learn and we could upgrade the position.

3. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

Harrison is 34 or 35? He's basically the 5th LB for the Patriots. His experience and instinct make up for his lack of speed. I wish him the best on his recovery.
    Oh and by the way, i dont hate CC.....:logo:

4. Scooter

Scooter Funky

maybe i missed something, but i havent seen a lot of "hate" for C.C. what i'm quoting is i think where you and some others are giving him a little more credit than he deserves so far. he played exceptionally well for a 6th round rookie, and likely has a solid future in this league as he matures. he didnt however play near the level of most starting free safeties, and is overwhelmingly outclassed by the upper level guys like lawyer milloy & ed reed. to put him even in the class of average to above average guys like mccree, adrian wilson, chris hope, etc is a big stretch. if something happens to earl and he moves to SS, i think he'll be more comfortable and a solid "8th in the box", but as a centerfielder, he's deffinately got his limitations ... most of which are inexperience. of course i hope for nothing but the best, and hope he developes into a great guy for us, but lets give him a chance to earn his rank.

5. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

i really like CC Brown, never hated him at all, always liked him, and i think hes part of the Military, so you cant really hate him

6. CMoak1982

CMoak1982 Rookie

Brown for one is not slow, he ran 4.48 to 4.50 at pro day, he tends to play slow with diagnosing some things, when he gets more comfortable he'll play faster

7. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Who hates CC Brown? I have never seen a post I would call hate-filled toward CC. IS he ever going to be more than a decent back-up on a good defense? Probably not, but that's not hating. That's simply truth telling.

8. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Who's the joker who hates CC Brown???? I pity the fool cuz I'm gonna beat em!

I think most of the commentary here was related to the fact that it said a lot about the state of the Texans defense and our depth last year that CC Brown was your Texans starter--a rookie 6th round choice.

CC Brown did amazingly well given his circumstances but you would hope to see less mistakes from your starter.

9. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

I have to agree with others on this thread, I don't know of anyone who hates or said anything bad about C.C. Brown. He may not be on a par with the top safeties in the league yet, but he was only a rookie last year. Given some time and proper coaching, I think he could be very good. JMHO! :cool:

10. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

I dont think anyone hates CC, I just think that others feel that he shouldnt be at FS (which i disagree with) and that Earl is the better SS. Granted, Brown needs to work on his coverage skills, but for the most part I think he could work out well enough for us with Earl as our FS and SS.

11. cj5776

cj5776 Veteran

Two words... Coast Guard. Can you really take someone serious who was in the Coast Guard, come on. I mean Army or Marines that would be different, but Coast Guard?

(yes I am joking)

12. HARRYJ

HARRYJ A Great Pretender

I'll say it! I hate him!:stirpot:

13. cj5776

cj5776 Veteran

Yeah and I hate people that are not loyal to the Texans but still post, what's wrong with the Eagles Meassage Board, are there not enough Eagles fans who can write messages more than 5 words long?

14. Texan in Japan

Texan in Japan All Pro

CC Brown would have been a higher draft choice except for the fear that his Nat'l Guard commitment may effect his ability to play in the NFL. It didn't and despite a subpar defense, he played well and showed the potential to be even better.

I think Kubiak said he's comfortable with the talent in our DBs. While many on the board seem to want another CB or S, our head coach pursues RBs and FBs. That should tell us something!

15. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Be carefull with that kind of talk. Them Puddle Pirates can be a tough crowd.:hunter: That's why they are all ove 6ft tall, so when the boat sinks they can wade ashore.

16. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

I dont but he's just average....I want a standout on one of our Safeties.

17. DominickDavisFan76

DominickDavisFan76 Veteran

Ok i said that wrong... Im sorry!
    I just think that a lot of ppl think that C.C. Brown doesnt deserve to start and I think he has the potential and enough skill to start thats all.

18. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

He deserves to start on our team but it would be nice to upgade him with a veteran to teach him a few tricks.

19. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

exactly my feelings, I think we should move cc to SS and pick up some help for the FS spot. that position requires more speed than cc is capable of and quickness, when you go up against class A recievers you have to have that edge in speed and at the least quickness so you can come over and help even if yer going the wrong way. I think we should have kept mcree myself, but im not the coach.

20. CoastalTexan

CoastalTexan Veteran

I think he is in the Mississippi National Gaurd, right?