Why do we only win when there is no pressure?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by nut, Dec 13, 2009.

1. nut

nut All Pro

After losing 4 in a row when we were 5-3, a streak of meaningless wins is a bad joke. This is standard modus operandi every year with Kubiak.

2. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

or how about this crazy idea: the 3 teams (colts x 2) we lost to are much better than the hawks?!

3. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Kubiak should have stuck with David Carr IMO. They both shine brightest in garbage time.

4. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

5. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

You guys crack me up. 8-8 is good enough I guess.

6. axman40

axman40 Hall of Fame

Dude according to some 8-8 = winners!
    :kitten:

7. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I was thinking about this today.. Bob McNair should ban the word "Playoffs" from use by the coaching staff, players and local media .... Everytime that word gets thrown around ,over the years, this team goes into a funk.

just like the little kid that wants to hang out with the big boys only to find out the Playoff Club will only allow 21 and up to enter

8. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

You think there was no pressure today? The Texans played like a team that knew that there was pressure on them. Today they passed with flying colors. Kubiak coached like he was under pressure. In the end, I don't think Kubiak will be here even if we win out to finish the season. But make no mistake, there was a lot of pressure today on the players and coaching staff today. They absolutely had to come out and play well and win.

FirstTexansFan likes this.

9. treduke

treduke All Pro

the acceptance of mediocrity has to stop. the same people who are happy and content with 8-8 are probably the same people who think that all kids should get a trophy for sportsmanship in pop warner!
    in the words of mike singletary
    I WANT WINNERS!!!!

10. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

who is happy with 8-8?

I sure the hell aren't but I have accepted the fact that this team is staying home for the 2nd season

11. Mannymanuel99

Mannymanuel99 TheBestAtWatIdo

Com on' they played seattle. Pressure????? I don't think so

12. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

Because there is no preassure......

Sorry, but I think your question is the answer. This team needs the confidence it had when it was 5 and 3, but it needs it all year. Maybe by next year this team will realize it can win. It's like Circus Elephants, they chain them to a stake as babies, when they can't pull out the stake, and by the time the're adults they "think" they can't pull up the stake. This cracks under the pressure because it lacks confidence.

This team needs a shrink!!!!!

13. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Nah. They need several pairs of cast iron cojones.

14. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I have no doubt that Matt Schaub will finish the season with the most passing yards in the NFL. He's less than a hundred yards behind the leader. Garbage time is exactly right.

15. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I don't know why they don't win more game, but I don't consider this garbage time in December. The Texans are still playing live games, even if they aren't going to the playoffs. I still enjoy my Sundays watching them. True Garbage Time begins in February when the only football to watch is repeats of games on NFLN.

Malloy likes this.
  16. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Without Owen Daniels the Texans are average offensively, plus Steve Slaton, please. playmakers make or break games & they lack depth if key player's get hurt, also see last year when Andre had his knee issue first half of season. This organization needs to continue to build & develop talent. One great offseason via free agency along with the draft could be enough to put us over the top. oh yeah, there is such a thing as luck involved :turtle:

17. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Honestly, I think most of it IS the stiffness of the competition. However, some of it is the coaching sucking donkeys when it really matters. Besides which, we should not STILL be so badly under .500 in our division, even as tough as it is. 1-5 in our division is inexcusable. Under the circumstances, .500 within it would have been great, and I could have lived with 2-4....barely.

18. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I'm just going to keep screaming this. "Texans, where mediocre happens.....and is accepted." The more I've debated the more it is my number one "Fire Kubes" point. Fans need to set a new standard. Not "looking good at .500." Not "maybe next year....AGAIN...because a TE got hurt."(injuries happen..Colts defense) Not "but this is alot better than before. Teams aren't making us a "W." Not, "but we lose by less now." The standard for every NFL team and coach should be playoffs and SB. They have been given the talent. The stats have grown. Yet there is nothing to show for it. That is on one person...coach. I honestly think that most "keep Kubes" arguments hurt their position. Rise up and get a new standard!! Because they current one is defeatist.

19. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

We play NICE!! Until we develope a KILLER instinct we will remain mediocre. Not ONE player on our team gives 100% for half a game. They're like a bunch of little kids who need positive strokes from their mommy or they will cry.

Goldensilence likes this.
  20. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I like it!!!:goodpost: