Why Do I feel Disappointed For Some Reason?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by sluggo832004, Dec 30, 2018.

1. OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan Hall of Fame

steelbtexan, at what point has OB fought for his life to change the OL culture of the Texans? This unit has been an embarrassment for 13 of their 16 seasons, yet no one has ever really stepped forward and stated, if this unit can't be fixed via FA, then it has to be done in the draft. If his coaches suck at coaching up the personnel, he has to be willing to cut ties and find a better OL Coach.

Over the last 5 seasons OB has accepted the talent and coaching for his OL's. I'd be absolutely livid if OB thinks he's just a solid OL away from having a solid group. If it were possible, I'd have shown the entire starting unit the door. I'm holding out hope that this draft, is the draft that OB and Gaine decide their OL has to be a priority going forward.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  2. KA4Texan

KA4Texan Clueless Wonder

IF OB cant see by now what a good/improved line can do for you..... having a front row seat in the schooling that was the wild card game.... he will never learn...if didnt learn from that.. not only should he not be allowed to be a head coach but shouldnt be allowed to chew bubble gum unsupervised.

3. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

All I can tell you is this was a very dysfunctional org and the McNair's let us know who was in charge of personnel.

OptimisticTexan likes this.
  4. maverick512000

maverick512000 All Pro

Still don't think it was as dysfunctional or that BoB had as little say in matters as you do but that's an old argument that doesn't matter anymore. Returning to the present I would like to ask if you agree that next season will and should be BoB's make or break season? They have a full range of draft picks plus a couple of extras, lots of cap space though there are some players to resign that may put a dent in that but overall this year they are not in any worse position than other teams and in better position than many. On top of that for the first time we actually have a QB that actually can play like an NFL QB.

So again I do give BoB credit for turning the regular season around, that playoff game though was an embarrassment, but I also feel like if he can't make an impact this year with, maybe not a SB but a real run then the experiment is over. Barring some major catastrophe, like certain players having season ending injuries, would you agree?

5. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I've said from the beginning this is a 2 yr rebuild if they get things right. This season was a surprise to me they ended up with a much better record than I thought they would.

So to answer your question, No.

6. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

Well, Sentrel Henderson was hurt all year. I don't know I'd let him go.

Fulton & Kelemente battled injury all year long. They don't trust Mancz to start & Martin is walking dead. A new Center & LT could go a long way.