Why are we the only team high on Reggie Bush?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by YoungnotBush, Mar 24, 2006.

1. YoungnotBush

YoungnotBush Rookie

Every trade down possibitily on these boards, nobody thinks anyone would trade up to get Reggie Bush, the next Marshall Faulk/Barry Sanders/Gale Sayers?

Why is everyone so sure the Texans are taking Reggie Bush, when no other team seems to really care?

Why is it that the Texans have to have this kid, when they have the best RB situation out of all the top 7 teams in the draft, but we have to have him. He is going to take us to the promised land and no other team want a piece of that.

Anybody care to explain that?

2. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

It's not just these boards.......

3. dirty steve

dirty steve Hall of Fame

you guys (kind of) ever thought that the asking price for said number one pick might not be what other teams want to pony up? my bad, everybody would want to trade up to get VY. that's it, i can't believe it got past me.

4. YoungnotBush

YoungnotBush Rookie

You mean that the asking price is too high for the next saviour of football?

5. dirty steve

dirty steve Hall of Fame

don't act like you don't feel the same way about VY.

6. Dunta_23

Dunta_23 All Pro

There isn't often a trade up to number 1 as the price is so high...as the consensus # 1 overall pick...teams dont want to pony up basically their entire draft for 1 player...

7. YoungnotBush

YoungnotBush Rookie

Wouldn't teams with a worse RB situation than us, will all the problems we have on OL and the fact that we are converting to a 4-3, need Reggie even worse than we do?

8. dirty steve

dirty steve Hall of Fame

nice. somebody with a brain.

9. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

Here, ask the question another way, for those following along at home and still not quite "getting it."

How many of the top 7 (or top 10) teams would take Bush #1 if they had the #1 pick in the draft?

10. YoungnotBush

YoungnotBush Rookie

You mean to tell me that Oakland or anyone else for that matter, wouldn't trade almost every pick in this draft and/or future draft picks for Gale Sayers or Barry Sanders? Either one of those players would be worth more than anyone in this draft, including VY. And would definitely be worth more than say Jay Cutler and Mathias Kiwanuka, which is what some mocks are saying for the Jets now.

11. YoungnotBush

YoungnotBush Rookie

What he said.

12. UberDork

UberDork Veteran

There is also always the possibility that several teams do really want R. Bush, but they are afraid that if they let it be known, the price could go sky high...if they stay quiet, the price might be lower....

Just look at a lot of Ebay auctions, if you will...they stay low until the very end because people are afraid that if it gets high early they will have to pay more.

13. Eyeguy

Eyeguy Veteran

14. YoungnotBush

YoungnotBush Rookie

So what you are saying is that there will be several teams wanting to trade up to the 1st spot to take Reggie.

Maybe even a bidding war? Is that what you are saying?

15. YoungnotBush

YoungnotBush Rookie

16. UberDork

UberDork Veteran

Isn't it obvious...I am obviously saying that there will be a huge bidding war and we will clean house....:homer:

In reallity, I was just throwing out a possibility.

17. YoungnotBush

YoungnotBush Rookie

I just want to know why there hasn't been any talk of anybody else wanting Reggie Bush, even by the Media?
    The trade talk is about Matt Leinart, is he possibly the best player in this draft, and we are taking the 2nd best player with the #1 pick?

18. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Matt Leinhart is the most sure fire star in the draft. Bush has the most potential, but is also somewhat of a question mark. How much of a question mark is a matter of opinion.

19. YoungnotBush

YoungnotBush Rookie

First off VY has the most potential, considering he is a QB.

Second, most everybody on this site seems to believe we are taking Bush no matter what, unless there is a trade that is just mind blowing.

Finally, is that smart to take the 2nd best player with #1 pick, or would that be more conducive to want to trade down?

20. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Well a team that needs a quarterback is going to take a quarterback. Especially when there is one available that is as good as Matt Leinart. I would separate QBs from other positions for that reason.

So I would say that every team that doesn't need a QB would take Reggie #1. Every team, no matter if they need a QB or not would take Reggie #2 (if Leinart was taken #1).