Whos to blame

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TopTexanFan16, Nov 21, 2006.

1. TopTexanFan16

TopTexanFan16 Veteran

Ok no this is not a Carr bashin get a new QB put sage in thread. haha im tired of those. I just want to say that the loss sunday is not the players fault. The job of a head coach is to put the players in a position to win a game and i feel Sunday Kubiak failed to do that. I still respect him as a coach and i know our team will be better with him, but sunday he made a horrible call to pass on 3rd and 2 and i really feel thats where we lost the game. dunno if this has already been posted but i just want all the carr haters and bashers out there to see whos fault it really was. feel free to comment.

2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

The blame goes to the wacky system called head-to-head matchups. Two teams meet, one team wins. Play 16 of them and the NFL sorts you by how may times you led the game at 0:00

We aren't a very good team right now and it's gonna take another draft or two to become a team that can be considered a consistent force in this very tough league.

3. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

Cut that out Vinny! No talking logic, let me be a dreamer for awhile longer.;)

4. TopTexanFan16

TopTexanFan16 Veteran

Exactly how i felt thanks for elaborationg for me.

5. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

If you don't like that call, then you don't like the West Coast Offense. It is balanced attack and that is a reasonable call considering the philosophy of the offfense.

The call put the the best players on offense to execute a simple play that should have been working since day one when Kubiak came in. Carr and Johnson should be able to run that play in their sleep!

The playcalling wasn't the issue, it was either the execution or Kubiak's belief they could get it done.

That was a bread and butter play for the type of offense they run, and there was no excuse to not get the first down.

6. TopTexanFan16

TopTexanFan16 Veteran

Yet my post is an opinion. and because i disagree with a call doesnt mean im against the type of offense we run. I still stick by my decision because in such a tight spot a pass play w/e type of offense we run is risky. We should have run it and even if we didnt get the 1st down we could have taken time of the clock. That time could have see i am saying COULD have been a game changer. Yes i agree that play should have been executed but it wasnt and it hasnt been all year so why call a play that hasnt worked.

7. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Hollywood, no offense to you, but I've seen you write this same line over and over now in several different threads and it just doesn't wash.

The WCO is a proven offense. Proven how? Proven by the fact that it has been successful in numerous championships since the early 1980's. Show me where Bill Walsh ever called for a pass on third and two with 90 seconds to play when his opponent has only one time out and I'll agree with you......Bottom line is, WCO or not, the third and two pass play at the end of the game was a bonehead call....

8. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

Did he comment on the fact 'his' offense didn't score a single point in the 2nd half against the Bills? 'Better position==Execute?'

9. TemeculaMike

TemeculaMike Rookie

The Bills, they scored more points.

10. CyberTexan

CyberTexan Veteran

Blame in my opinion is fully on CB Faggins getting beat twice for 2 TDs , getting beat once is one thing but twice is rediculous

11. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

12. TopTexanFan16

TopTexanFan16 Veteran

See i only half way agree with you. The reason being yes he did let 2 td's passes which was horrible but the fact is we were winning the game with what 1 50 somehtin left, correct me if im wrong and we passed on 3rd and 2. doesnt matter what happened earlier in the game, we were winning and we shoulda won but crap play calling didnt allow us to take home a victory.

13. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Nice Post! I agree.

14. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061121/1015164.asp

here is a play by play of the last drive.
    prevent defense yuck.