Who's the Texans best assistant coach?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/0-7-471/Who-s-the-Texans-best-assistant-coach-.html

2. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

i think it's a toss up between Alex Gibbs and Alex Gibbs. I was going to go with a less popular choice and say Alex Gibbs but then you don't want to count out Alex Gibbs. He's very popular amongst the players and fans alike. Alex Gibbs is also in contention. Or maybe Alex Gibbs? hmmmmm.....

How about the second best assistant coach? I'll go with John Benton because he works under Alex Gibbs.

Go Texans.

3. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Yeah Gibbs is certainly leading the charge. I, for one, am excited about Bush. I truly believe he wants an aggressive defense and I believe we will see a big improvement. With the pieces we have in place and with a good draft, I expect big improvements from them as a unit. The big key is Amobi IMO. He has got to take that next step and I believe he will as long as he is allowed to attack.

4. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

I replied with "it's Alex Gibbs, but if you want to take him out of the equation - it's Johnny Holland."

5. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I'm kind of excited about David Gibbs. By all accounts, the apple hasn't fallen very far from the tree when it comes to coaching. Can't say that he's our best assistant since he hasn't coached with the team yet though.

My vote goes to Alex Gibbs. I don't know if there's any better assistant anywhere in the NFL. He's probably in the top 5 at worst.

6. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

While Alex Gibbs presence on the offensive side of the ball and his past track record of success could make him the best assistant on the team easily. I think however, we could see at the end of the year that Ray Rhodes experience and track record will be very valuable on the defensive side of the ball.

7. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Great choice man. I do like what Johnny Holland has done. With the play of Adibi, Diles, obviously Demeco, and Kevin Bentley, I would have to give Holland the nod.