Who's our next QB?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Tex-fan0604, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Tex-fan0604

Tex-fan0604 Rookie

Im tired of people saying that basically anybody is better than DC,but what I really want to know is who is most likely going to be the Texans QB next season based on all we know about the Texans Organization and where they are heading with their decisions.

2. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

the quick and easy answer is David Carr. All signs point to him returning for 3 more years.. at this point.

3. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Carr, I hope.

4. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

DC will be our QB in 2006. I know about as much as the rest of you, but all signs clearly indicate that the Texans will keep him and Kubiak will work with him. Hopefully, Carr will realize his potential, because otherwise he's a goner.

5. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

I believe it's a no-brainer. Carr will be our QB. The VY passion, although understandable, is merely a local fad for a local guy that is truly qualified to a QB for someone but not warranted for this team at this time. If the new system installed does not produce the expected results, then a QB change would almost be a certainty in the long run. You don't tear down the whole house just to remodel. In my most humbled opinion.

6. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

what about the people that think he is the best fit, but happen to also hate UT, and most things burnt orange? What about us texans fans that are currently residing in florida? Can our opinions be discounted as homerism? There is a lot more to the Vince Young debate than homerism, as the 400000000000 threads on the subject will show.

7. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

I hope it's David :muscles:

8. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

I'm a homer if you call being a native born and raised Houstonian. I like anything Houston or Texan. Do I like the idea of a local being on MY team...sure I do. Do I abandon players I've supported since the first time they came together...NO...not without due cause, and the one varible in this whole deal is the poor quality of coaching that can't be discounted. For myself and many others, THAT varible has got to be eliminated before that call is warrented. IN MY MOST HUMBLED OPINION. Yours being respected as well fellow Texan Fan.:)

9. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Maybe Charlie can finagle a way to get Brady Quinn next year to groom behind Carr. :yahoo:
    Horns fans aren't the only homers around here...:D

:coffee:

10. daveebarb

daveebarb Rookie

i want to DC under a good coach offense. Palmer and DOM c offense suck

11. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

While we talking, how bout getting Mike Sherman as our OC and maybe he'll bring Favre over for one last year to groom Carr like he shoulda been groomed at the beginning...just fantasy on my part, being a Favre fan as well.:redtowel:

12. Tex-fan0604

Tex-fan0604 Rookie

i actually think that would be a good idea.i think he (dc) can learn a lot from bret.by bringing bret it will also help us evaluate our offense specially our wr's

13. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

My guess is that the dreaded David Carr, The Clumsy Quarterback, will be back, and next year at this time all the fanboys on this board will be saying "Let's give him another year because -- " followed by more pitiable goop about everyone but Carr being to blame for his poor performance.

14. Dennis007

Dennis007 Rookie

Here Here!:redtowel: :yahoo: :redtowel::stirpot:

15. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

The entire Texans Fans Contingent of Chicago believe that DC will be the Qb of 2006. We held our first meeting last night and came to a unanimous decision. Although when only one person is there, I suppose that makes it easier...

16. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

It'd be the perfect move for Favre cause for what I understand, Favre is an outdoorsman who enjoys deer hunting and with all them Texas bucks down there he'd have something to do on his off-time. Now if he wants BIG DEER, then he's gotta come up to Kansas where I can show him MONSTER BUCKS. Seen a real nice 10 or 12 pointer last night on my way home...SWEET!:redtowel:

17. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

I don't understand all of this talk about picking up his option. Don't most other QB's at this stage get a fat contract?(Carlson Palmer).If he only gets the 8 mil, isn't that a sign that he will be gone after the season?

18. Tex-fan0604

Tex-fan0604 Rookie

they want to see if dc can prove himself before they invest more money on him.if he doesnt prove himself this year then that proves that all the dc haters were right about him and that it wasnt the rest of the offenses fault but dc only

19. LCOOL

LCOOL Rookie

DC, but Casserly said in the chronicle today, that VY is a great leader and competive, and that he will speak to him, so who knows, lets just bring bakc Warren Moon!

20. Tex-fan0604

Tex-fan0604 Rookie