Who's going to be our interim KR?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hardcore Texan, Oct 23, 2008.

?

Who is going to be our KR during AD's absence

1. Jacoby Jones

58 vote(s)
    62.4%
  2. David Anderson

23 vote(s)
    24.7%
  3. Steve Slaton

7 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. Kevin Walter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other......i.e. that Moats kid or who?

5 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Who do you think it will be? Poll to follow.

I think Jacoby or Anderson, I really wouldn't mind at all to see Anderson back there. I feel a little more comfortable, he's a steady with great hands. I think he has a good enough burst and vision to do a good job.

With Jacoby, he's more explosive without a doubt and has that big play ability but scares me with the his lack of ball protection. If he can get more reliable, and he steps up while AD is out then it's a no brainer. But until then, let him keep building confindence returning punts and getting more reps at WR with Davis out.

I should add that I would love to see Slaton do it but I just don't think it would be wise to risk our most productive RB in that situation. I bet he would light it up though.

2. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

I think it will be Jacoby. David Anderson fumbled a punt in preseason too, so it's not like it's a no-brainer of a decision. Both are a risk, but JJ has more upside, so I think you go with JJ.

3. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

JJ gives me heart palpitations with the way he handles to ball so carelessly, but it will probably be him back there anyways.

4. Hardcore Texan

I picked Anderson. But I think it will definetly be him or Jacoby. I agree with you about JJ. All he needs to do is show he can be consistent protecting the ball and making good decisions and it's his job to lose. Maybe it's time just to give the reins to JJ, time for him to step up. I will be fine if that is what they do.

That being said, I prefer to see Anderson right now, I just trust him a little better taken care of the ball even if he fumbled one in preseason.

It's going to be intersting.

5. Mari-OWNED!

Mari-OWNED! Bucco Bruce

I agree with this statement. I'd rather see Jacoby Jones handling the ball horribly, than possibly seeing our best running back get injured on a return. Knowing the Texans' luck with injuries it would probably happen too...

6. Hardcore Texan

7. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

My guess is JJ, and I intend to take along a bottle of maalox, cause that boy makes my stomach do flip flops every time he hits the field. Between him and our corners I just might have a nervous breakdown before the season is over! :)

8. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Agree 100%. This was my reason for choosing JJ and not SS.

9. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

i couldn't agree more. he turns his eyes too quickly upfield and I don't like how he really gets under the ball's trajectory. He ends up catching it like a pop fly and is then left flat footed. he does have good feet though, some of the best i have seen since a guy named Deion. he is a dangerous return guy but too often the danger is related to his own team due to inexperience and sometimes braindeadedness (new word) at least he makes plays though, so take what you can get.

as for the OT, i would give the ball to Anderson as Slaton is too valuable as our #1 back and Jones is needed for PR already.

10. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Put that boy Jacoby Jones in there!!! If not him, give it to David Anderson... he won't have any trouble holding onto the football. Either way I think we are good.

11. GP

GP Go Texans!

I picked Anderson, too. Might as well trot out a backup WR with some move-making ability than Jacoby or Slaton right now.

If Slaton returns kickoffs, Gary Kubiak should be fired. Period.

We waited long enough to regain a running back with playmaking ability...just to run him straight into gunners on special teams.

12. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

The problem is, Anderson is going to see even more action on offense with AD out. He was valuable before, but now he is going to be a starter. Jacoby, on the other hand, is still a backup (4 WR set). For safety reasons, it should be JJ, I think.

I agree about Slaton. We can't be like the Saints and let our Lightning get injured on special teams.

P.S. - Are you still booing Schaub after last week?

13. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

I picked JJ. I like him, I just don't like the way he holds the ball when he runs. It's way too exposed and he swings it in his arms while he runs. He should tuck it tight instead of 6" away from his body, he's begging someone to knock it loose. I've never returned NFL kickoffs, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. Therefore, I feel that I'm more than qualified to post my opinion.

14. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

It's more than likely JJ. Which really is a scary situation. He better tuck that ball in, otherwise we'll be gaining on our minus turnover ratio this week.

15. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Wasn't it fumbling that put Moats in the Eagles' doghouse? :thinking:

I wonder how Jerome's hammys are doing.....

16. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

Yep, my only hope is that he'll be a little more stable since he doesn't have to worry about a guy "right in his face" on a KR.

17. bigbrewster2000

bigbrewster2000 4th Infantry

David Anderson will be the guy. Just wait and see.

18. 4Texans

4Texans Hall of Fame

Jones. The staff has intended for him to be the return guy all along..... Now he gets his chance. He just better hold on to the ball.

19. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Kubiak's post-practice quote:

Glad to see he won't put Slaton back there. Other than that, sounds like he still doesn't have his decision locked up.

20. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Maybe he'll try both JJ and Anderson out. Never know with Kubiak!