Who's calling the Kubiak radio show?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Cjeremy635, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

Ok folks, here's our chance to ask the man some serious questions that we as fans would like answered. Who is going to call and ask the tough ones? I'll try to call and see if my question will be put on the air.
    I plan on saying, "Coach Kubiak, sorry for the tough loss yesterday in Tennessee. I know that there was a lot of blame to be shared in the loss, but you have to agree that a majority of the blame could be placed on David's shoulders. How confident do you feel that he will respond positivly to the benching and perform better next week, and if he doesn't perform well, at what time do you make the call to play Sage as the starter full time. Thanks for taking my call and I'll hang up and listen." :cool:

2. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

Good question, but I would really put him on the hot seat.

Here is my question,

"Coach, did you really believe in Carr as the starting QB for the Texans before you took the job? Or, did you take this job knowing that you had to inherit Carr if you wanted the job because of McNair's insistence and Dan Reeves consulting conclusion that Carr was not the problem, either directly or indirectly?"

3. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

Yeah, but if you ask that question it will never make it past the screeners.....:brickwall

4. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I would rather hear about his take on the offensive line. What did we do different from a run perspective? How did he think Winston did in his time on the field?

Can we expect to see Anderson fielding kicks moving forward?

Cjeremy635 likes this.
  5. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

Good questions as well and I'm interested to know about what he thought of Winston during his play time. Was it just me or did anyone else notice that Dayne took out our other left tackle? The play he came in on was the play that put Salaam out for a few series. He ran him down just like he did Spencer. He's a liability!

6. profan

profan Veteran

Yes, i saw that when it happened and that was my comment. After taking a large drink of beer, i said this is the same guy who ran over Spencer and put him out. Look for a hole, just don't plow into the back of your lineman.

7. Rightnow

Rightnow Veteran

How about someone just begs Kubiak not to start Carr. Perhaps a female fan could weep uncontrollably on the phone. Between the sobs and the snot sounds she could ask with a quivering voice if Sage could please start. How could he turn down that?

8. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

I'll try to get my wife to do it....but she's not a cryer or a good actor. Maybe I could take my football frustrations out on her and she could just plead for her life to him. Basically a personal safety issue, maybe he'll feel guilty and give in. J/K :crying:

9. L33Z71

L33Z71 Rookie

Thats the exact question I've been wanting to ask all along

10. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

Oh yeah I turned to my buddy and said this guy just took out both of our left tackles in exactly the same way. They plant a block and he runs up their planted leg. And he's a load.

11. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

How about "Coach, don't you think you should have yanked Wiegert right along with Carr, after giving up four sacks? Or did you think that had no part in causing the fumbles, like most of the fans out there?"

12. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

No joke. Weigert was going for piggy back rides to the QB.

hollywood_texan likes this.
  13. real

real Guest

Me predicts Dayne and Gado are outta here next year...

14. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

And yet Morrency had over 100 yards rushing yesterday with the Packers. We tend to get screwed out of decent players with some bonehead decisions from the higher-ups. (Not ragging on Lundy....I thought he did great and was really happy for him, he deserves the shot and is making the most of it)

15. travfrancis

travfrancis Veteran

what time is kubiak on?

16. dat_boy_yec

dat_boy_yec All Pro

Maybe somebody could ask what he thought of Carr's pocket awareness when compared to Sage's. Carr seemed unable to sense where the pressure was coming from and didn't seem able to avoid it. Sage on the other hand stepped away from the pressure on many occasions. What are his thoughts on this subject and is there any way to make Carr more aware of where the pressure is comming from and react to it while keeping his eyes downfield.

17. Rightnow

Rightnow Veteran

610 AM 5:00 pm

18. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

I have two questions.

That interception where AJ was "quadruple covered"? I first thought that David missed seeing someone else wide open, either going down the sideline, or out in the flat. BUT, I find out that AJ was the ONLY one going downfield, everyone else is kept back to block on the play action.

Question: Why design a play, where if the defense doesn't bite on the play-action and the receiver is covered like a blanket, the only option is to eat the ball for a sack?

Next question: What's with the 'throw underneath dink and dunk' stuff when Carr is in there, but then go more 'verticle' when Sage is in there?

19. wolf123

wolf123 All Pro

I would assume Sage went more vertical because we needed to score. We were losing quite badly, and after his quick interception we lost time that was needed to make a come back.

One thing I did notice when going over the stats was that we never really connected on anything long. Daniels had one long one for 25 which was on zone coverage on a roll out to the left by Sage, and Moulds had a 28 yarder on the sideline, but that's it. Sage only averaged 10 yd/completion, with Carr averaging 8 yd/completion; not a huge difference. Most likely, Kubiak's answer will be trying to score quickly b/c we behind and running out on time.

20. NEROtheZERO

NEROtheZERO Veteran

I've wondered that myself and there is only two answers I can think of.

1. The verticle game was a product of playing from behind.

2. Kubiak isn't confident in Carr throwing downfield.

I would be curious to hear Kubiak's answer to that.