Who'll make a Super Bowl first: the Cowboys or Texans?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Feb 1, 2011.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Without any major changes in the offing, almost the better question at this time is will the Texans make the PLAYOFFS before the Cowboys make the SUPERBOWL? I intend to keep any pro Texans betting money in my pocket for a while. I'll take my chances on losing that money by it burning a hole in my pocket.

[From the Austin Statesmen's sports columnists]

2. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    Doc, as always, I can count on you to add a ray of sunshine to my day. :cry2:

3. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

Kirk Bohls and Cedric Golden were quoted on this board. Take me now, I've seen it all. :roast:

What sucks to know even more is I can only agree with their conclusions on the matter though not neccessarily how they came to their respective conclusions. For one I didn't ralize the jury was in on Jason Garrett. Eight games in the positive direction notwithstanding.

4. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

The question itself is dumb.

I'm a Texan season ticket holder, hate the Cowboys, think Jason Garrett is overrated and even I know this question is a no-brainer: The Cowboys w/out a doubt.

5. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Easy answer: Cowboys.

6. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I don't think the Cowgirls or the Texans are getting anywhere near a Super Bowl anytime soon. Even still, I have to agree when it does happen, it'll be the Cowpies first.

:kubepalm:

7. devo-x

devo-x Veteran

Matt Schaub will lead the Texans to the playoffs next year! :)

Tony Romo will lead the Cowboys to mediocrity at 8-8 :kitten:

8. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

The Texans.

I'll never pick the Cowboys to finish ahead of the Texans at anything. This board is getting depressing to even log on to.

BIG TORO, imatexan and JB like this.

9. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!

10. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Hmmm who are these so called PLaymakers for Dallas ????

TBO i cant really name anyone on the D other then maybe

Newman
    i know they got a good OLB/DE guy from texas but i forgot his name
    and that crazy white dude that gives the hooorraaahhh speaches

but isnt dallas D getting a little Older ?????

playing in the NFCE tho IMO is much harder then playing in the AFC south

im going with the Texans on this one a Stable O and hopefully a Turned around D once Phillps gets about 2 years with them

11. spurstexanstros

spurstexanstros Texans Rising

neither the rapture will come before then...my bet is 30 minutes before kickoff of Superbowl...thanks God you gouldnt wait 4 hours...

12. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

So wait. Both teams underperformed last year. The Texans have a top 5 offense and the worst defense in the league, they go hire one of the best defensive coordinators in the league and somehow they aren't the favorite in this?

Furthermore, if the answer is "neither anytime soon" then its really a 50/50 proposition because apparently neither has any of the pieces in place and both would be complete rebuilding processes.

I would bet on the Texans if you held a gun to my head. Why? Bob seems to have conceeded that he knows nothing. He might, even if by a strike of luck, get the right guys running his football operation and if he does they have a realistic chance. Jerry on the other hand is oblivious to the fact that he is not a football genius. He got lucky that JJ was there and won him a championship. He will meddle in football until he sells the team if you ask me, and that virtually guarantees that they won't have any sustained success.

Mike

13. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I'm basing my prediction of the Cowturds getting to the SB first based solely on the history of pro football in Houston, not anything with the current teams or owners.

Someone said the Astrodome and Reliant Stadium were built on ancient burial grounds and we're cursed or something. For the time being I'm going with that until proven otherwise.

14. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

My head wants to explode at the very thought of the Dallas Cowboys even WATCHING a superbowl much less playing in one.

15. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Even tho it's not umm sexy to talk about olines but just going by what I see who's o line is better Houston or dallas

Seeing has how Dallas didnt have a good running game and got there qb injured and gave up sacks I'll say ours is better

16. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

One owner is committed to winning about as badly as any owner in the league. I hate Jerry, but he is.

The other owner is about as committed to winning as Ralph Wilson and Mike Brown in Bob Mcnair.

The smart money is on Jerry Jones.

17. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

I think its the Texans, and honestly I'm putting my homerism aside.

"All" the team needs to do is shore up the defense to even MEDIOCRE and they're in the playoffs. That alone is the first step.

The Giants and Eagles will be really good for a really long time, while the Colts are on their downward swing, and the Jags are solid but not world-beaters. The Redskins and the Titans are both generally worthless and in major turmoil so I'm not even going to consider them in terms of divisional hurdles.

I dunno. We'll see.

18. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Realistically, our D has a heck of an uphill road. And nothing guarantees that our O holds to at least this past year's performance. How many teams each year have we seen go from relatively successful to closer to dud, for one reason or another?