Who would take Carr?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by afcman, Jan 4, 2007.

1. afcman

afcman Veteran

If Carr is let go, what team or teams would be interested in taking him?

Raiders? Tampa Bay?

Who do you think?

2. old football fan

old football fan Veteran

Raiders, Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, maybe Buffalo

3. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Maybe the Raiders, but they will probably grab a QB in the draft. Every other team has a QB with more production and/or potential than Carr at a much cheaper price.

4. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

In a trade? I doubt anyone. I thought I read in an article (i beleive is still on the front page of the bullpen) that the other team would have to pay him 11.25 mil over the next 2 years....who would do that?

Second Honeymoon likes this.
  5. Ride 'Em

Ride 'Em Rookie

The Texans :hairpull:

6. TexansSeminole

They still have to pay him...you think Chicago or any of those teams can afford Carr and fill whatever other needs they have?

7. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

The Raiders might be a good fit.

"The last time the Raiders picked a QB in the first round, it was a disaster, as Todd Marinovich soon found his true calling as a pot-smoking skateboarder."

It's clear that the Raiders prefer a veteran quarterback, and the trade would return him to his California roots. If they gave up a second- or third-round pick for him, the Raiders would still retain their number one pick, which they could then use on Calvin Johnson.

HOWEVER, I doubt this is likely to happen. I don't think Kubiak is ready to give up on Carr. JMO.

8. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

Very doubtful Buffalo would look at him. Losman had one of the best 2nd halfs of the season of any QB. Unlike Carr, when he started hearing 'put up or shut up' he actually rose to the challenge and showed that he was worthy of the starting job.

I doubt Cleveland would be interested after witnessing Carr's performance last week first hand. It's pretty much a parallel move going from Frye to Carr and when you factor in the financial cost of a Carr, it would never happen. Cleveland will have either Brady Quinn, Russell, or Troy Smith as their Starting QB and all everyone of them will come with aa huge sticker price. That even further muddys the water for Cleveland wanting/getting Carr.

Chicago?!?!?! You mean the 13-3 Chicago Bears?!?! So you think a team that is 13-3 is going to even think about switching QBs to a guy who has a roughly 25% winning percentage and has a huge financial price tag?

Green Bay? Well, if Farv-ruh decides to retire, all bets are off. They wouldn't have to pay Favre so Carr's salary (even slightly reworked) could fit in there. Personally, I feel GreenBay could not look their fans in the face and pass off Carr as a true heir to Favre. Still probably the 3rd most likely potential trade destination for Carr.

Which brings us to the Lions and Raiders. Both teams 'supposedly' have talent galore but havent been able to put it together and produce wins. Sounds pretty familiar, huh? Carr would be 'perfect' for these teams.

I actually think he will just be a June salary cap casualty and his contract will go up in flames. Then he will get picked up by a contender as a backup. A lot of contending teams are losing their backups to possible starting roles this year. Carr as an inexpensive FA backup may sound attractive to many contending teams. Carr already has his money, he could then go to a 'better' situation and possibly blossom and grow while under a contending veteran QB....Lord knows, it ain't happenin' here

just mho

9. Second Honeymoon

No one but the Raiders or Lions would be ignorant enough to do it.

10. Koolaid Time

Koolaid Time Drink Up!

Well, if you can't trade Carr, you can always take him over to Houston Auto Auction on the Gulf Freeway. They auction worthless pieces of junk to the highest bidder every Wednesday afternoon..

11. Outlander

Outlander Rookie

12. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I don't think that lightning will strike twice, but David Carr is the kind of reach that Jerry Jones would normally make.

13. Second Honeymoon

donate him to Houston Can Academy. If the Carr can get them to and from work, its a salary cap errr tax write-off. At least we get some mileage out of him that way.

14. Second Honeymoon

After the Quincy Carter debacle, Jones should have just relieved himself of any talent evaluation duties.

15. TexansSeminole

What's wrong with Tony Romo?

16. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

These Carr to car* analogies are fantastic! So fresh, whimsical, and imaginative. Pure genius.

*Carr to car <====== one "r" like an automobile - who has the creativity to come up with this stuff?

17. Second Honeymoon

The truth hurts. Look at the guy with the Texans construction hat with all the medals on it.
    Guy is a hardcore fan, but does he look happy or better yet entertained?

Dude looks like he is at an insurance seminar.....classic photo of the 'Texans Experience'.....there is even a guy chatting on the phone....brilliant photographer

That one picture basically sums up the whole season of the Texans. No direction. No excitement. No competitive spirit. Just a flatlining team with bored fans

Personally, I wouldn't bring a sign to a game due to it infringing on the rights of the people behind me to see the game...but I support the protest...Power To The People

18. Second Honeymoon

Do i detect a hint of sarcasm?

19. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

The clock's about to strike midnight for Tony Romo.

20. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

There may have been just a hint of sarcasm on the face of the sledgehammer, yes.