Who will win the AFC South????

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by johnny_tlmn, May 22, 2006.

1. johnny_tlmn

johnny_tlmn Guest

Houston Texans:stirpot:
    Tennesee Titans:loser
    Jacksonville Jaguars:challenge
    :hunter: Indianapolis Colts

2. DallasNiner

DallasNiner Veteran

The colts by a long shot I'm saying 14-2 with Jacksonville second at 11-5

3. real

real Guest

Texans!!!!!!:fireball: :mario: :yahoo: ::respect: : TEXANS!!!!!!!!!

4. HOOK'EM

HOOK'EM Veteran

I think the Clots are still on top. This is OUR year to push'em, I see a down year for the Hags. Last and least the Hillbillies, thats 2 extra bye weeks for us and everyone else in the division.:texans:

5. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

I think JAX will surpass the Colts this year. If New England and Pittsburgh can blueprint ways to beat the Colts...other teams should follow.

6. colts18288

colts18288 Rookie

I think a lot of teams are going to be suprised this year. Most teams drop 8 into coverage on the Colts out of respect for the passing game. Egde was a great runner but after the knee ACL injury in Kansas he was never the same. He just didnt have that burst of speed. This gave most defenses time to recover. Sure he got 4 or 5 yards. But with a burst he could have been in the secondary like most backs and reeking havic. If defenses continue to drop 8 in coverage on Manning this guy may put up some serious numbers.

As for Jax taking the division, no way.If they start Byron, Mario is gonna have a field day on him. That guys a beast, and having him in our division as a Colts fan is scary. I hope Joe can block half as well as Edge did cause were gonna need him.

Prediction for the division is Colts, Texans, Jags...................and that other team. Seriously, this is the year the Texans make serious strides, climb out of the cellar and slam the cellar door on the Titans. IMO that is.

7. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I want to say the Texans, but the reasonable and logical team to say is the Colts. They have the Peyton Manning. And the Marvin Harrison. And much more. They could be a Super Bowl contender if Rhodes or Addai really step up to the plate at RB.

8. Fldvldog

Fldvldog Veteran

This entire post is the biggest load of bs I've ever seen. First of all, you are indicating that your rook, Addai, will be better than Edge...that IS what you're indicating. So, you think Addai will hurt an opposing defense when teams drop 8? Edge is still a top 5 back in this league. And if for one second, you think Joseph Addai will come in and gain more than these "4 or 5" yards -- then your nuts.

Mario will have a field day against Byron? ROFLMMFAO! You obviously don't know Khalif Barnes, and his abilities. No way Mario dominates him, and, as you would say, "have a field day" on Byron. You honestly think that would happen?

This will be the division standings this year. Trust me:

Jags
    Colts
    Texans
    Titans

No doubt the colts are still a very solid team, but they're running game will not be near as good this season (at least). I predict the Jags to win the division by 1 game (2 games, tops). The texans will have a better year. I see them winning 6 games. The titans, on the other hand, or the stepping stones of this division.

9. colts18288

colts18288 Rookie

Jags win the division:brickwall , you got to be kidding me. They start that lead footed Byron Leftwich at Q.B. and he is gonna get crushed. I saw the games year in and year out with him playing. This guy steps up into the pressure thats coming. reads defenses like you could read a chinese math and is as mobile as a turtle on his back.

I watched every colts game last year, I have no idea how many hoels I seen open up for Edge that he never hit, simply because he was to slow. I have postee this for 2 years on my teams home messageboard and I will say it here. Edge was once a great back, after losing the speed he was a very good back.

With Peyton throwing the ball, and the respect teams give on the pass. Yea.....I will go on record as saying Joe will have a vey good year.

10. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I agree completely with this. Leftwich is done, for all I'm concerned. I don't think he will be able to win the battle with injuries, and even if he did, he would rise to be at best an above average QB. It's tough to say, but his career is shot if he can't stop getting hurt.

I predict:

Colts
    Texans
    Titans
    Jags

We still need time to "glue" before we will have a strong O-line coupled with an "anti-Manning" pass rush. I love the Texans... but we will not have a winning season next year. I truely hope that I am wrong, but I don't see it happening until at least '08.

I don't agree that Jacksonville will be able to do what NE and Pittsburgh have done. The Patriots will never lose to the Colts in the playoffs... but I think the Steelers got lucky this past year. If not for Rottenburger, they would have scored on that Bettis fumble and the game would have been much harder for the Steelers. Luck, I tell you.

11. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

Colts - They lost James but rookie RBs can perform very well in their first year. Colts have a good offensive system and if he fits in with Rhoads, their running game can still get the job done.

Jags - Good defense.

Texans - This is a tough one, the first four games will tell a lot becuas of the all the road games in the middle of the season (6-8 on the road). Not sure what to expect because of the coaching change.

Titans - Still has a lot of holes.

12. Fldvldog

Fldvldog Veteran

Edge may not be that back he was a few years ago, but he's sure as hell still one of the best in the league. So, your telling me, if you had to choose a RB, you'd take Joseph Addai over Edge? :fib

You've basically lost all credibility on this statement alone. Byron is one of the best QB's in the league at reading defenses. What games have you been watching? What proof do you have?

Does this even make sense? Since when is anybody "mobile' on their back? :gathering:

13. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

A team with a shade of Blue in their uniform.

I am going with the Colts.

14. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Jags
    Colts
    Texans
    Possum Lovers

15. colts18288

colts18288 Rookie

If i had my prefrences and could pick any back no, I would have traded up in the draft and pick a power back wiht some speed. You are entitled to your opionin on this subject, but I watch this team a lot more then you so I may have better insight then most Texan fans on this(No disrespect intended to ne1)

Proof, where is the proof he can read defenses? Set him next to a top tier Q.B. and he does nothing special....Manning, Brady, Big Ben, Palmer. They read D. When you place him in the ranks of these Q.B.s your the 1 losing credibility, if you believe that he reads defenses like these guys where are his wins, division titles and MVP awards. The guy is nothing special on a team built on D.

The comment was "he is a mobile a a turtle on his back" this would represent a turtle laying on his back, a turtle on his back is not to mobile in case you did not know this:ok:

16. Fldvldog

Fldvldog Veteran

My point is that you make it sound like Joseph Addai will come in and erase the fact that Edge was a huge value to the team.

Oh, hold on now. Why are you misdirecting the subject? YOU are the one that said he couldn't read defenses. I would like to see the proof of this before I completely shut down this part of the arguement.

Well, ya' might want to be more clear next time. Oh, BTW, Byron is more mobile than pey-me-a-ton. Just thought I'd clear that up.

17. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Colts

18. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

colts
    jags/texans
    texans/jags
    titans

19. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

The Texans will win the AFC South with a record of 16-0 on their way to the Super Bowl which they will also win.

That answer stands regardless of how likely or unlikely it may be of happening until it becomes impossible for it to happen. It's not about reality in May for me, it's about possibility and unending optimism.

20. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

WAY ta go Herv!:homer: