Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who will we open up with.. ( lil math involved)

TheTim5125

Waterboy
As most of us know the nfl schedule will be released today at 2:00pm.. so lets do some math and see who we might open up with...

Opening games already announced:
Sept 7th- Miami @ Pitt
Sept 10th Cowboys @ Jax
Sept 10th Colts @ Giants... already hailed as the manning bowl
Sept 11th Vikings @ Washington first monday night game
Sept 11th Chargers @ Raiders monday night nightcap (10:15 start ET)

Teams we play... Home:Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Buffalo, Miami, Philadelphia, Washington, Cleveland Away:Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, New England, N.Y. Jets, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Oakland

Black is who we might play, Red who have been eliminated due to prior schedule release.

Ok so.. that leaves the possibilities of

Home:Tenn, Buffalo,Philadelphia,Cleveland
Away:Tenn, New England,
Since we can't play dallas... cleveland would be ok.

Edit* forgot about dallas.. it's a too early for me.

I took the Jets out too, the Giants are home that night so we can't play them.

TheTim5125 said:
Sept 10th Cowboys @ Jax

I would love to see an opening game vs the cowboys, but you don't know.
Good research. But as you said yourself, Dallas can't be the opening game.

The Texans are due a home opener. I'll say the Titans. Bush vs. Leinart.

I'd like to open up with Buffalo and return the favor from last year.

What I'd really like is to open up with Oakland and Cleveland and maybe get a couple of wins right from the start. 2-0 would do wonders for this team I think.

FYI I took the Jets out because the Giants are playing the colts in NY which leaves the Jets game out of the question.

I can't really narrow it down, but one things is for sure... I hope our bye is scheduled later in the season than it was last year.
Week three is too early.
Oh well, if our bye is in week three again it will give us an early week off to fine tune our new schemes somewhat.

I would just hate to play a tough defensive team early in the year that could possibly shut us down. Then we will immediately hear about how we need to trade Carr & we made a mistake in Bush, etc..:brickwall

I would think Buffalo, Cleveland or Tennessee. Personally I'd like to play at New England to avoid a cold weather game up there.

Looking at the games announced. I don't think we will play a team in our division. I'd say the Eagles or Browns. I don't think they will schedule us again with the bills as an opener.

Back