Who will fall in the first and second rounds?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by dirty steve, Mar 26, 2006.

1. dirty steve

dirty steve Hall of Fame

What prospects in this years draft do you guys/gals think will fall unexpectedly to the beginning of the 2nd and 3rd rounds? I know that it happens every year and teams are able to secure talent that wasn't thought available. I am putting together a mock and believe the three picks (33, 65-66) the Texans have in these rounds are the most important element of their 2006 draft plan.

Please, please, please, keep all Reggie/VY talk somewhere else.

thanks--

2. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

I think some possible drops from RD1 to RD2 could be Kiwanaku DE,B.Carpenter OLB,and Mangold C,from 2-3 Jean-Giles OG, Colledge OT,Joseph OG, Hagan WR, Allen S.:twocents:

3. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

Could easily slip to #33:

E. Winston
    N. Mangold
    K. Simpson
    J. Joseph
    D. Whitner
    S. Moss
    Kiwi

Could easily slip to #65-66:

D. Joseph
    D. Colledge
    J. Allen
    F. Mauta
    M. Stovall
    O. Jacobs
    A. Fasno
    R. Edwards

4. Texan in Japan

Texan in Japan All Pro

The great thing about the draft is that there is always someone who slips out of the previous round that everyone can't believe is still there. Having the top picks in each round should be really fun this year.

5. Scooter

Scooter Funky

the two that i'd really keep an eye on if they fell would be Carpenter to 33 and Colledge to 66.

6. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Carpenter would be great at 33, Kiwi would be nice there too. In the 3rd round, I dont know.

7. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

how about abdul hodge in round three, omar jacobs will be there in round three, kiwi i still think will be drafted in round one due to hali's poor pro day workout, the closer we get to the draft the more i think mangold and winston will not fall to round two...what about linebackers ryans and howard at one point everyone thought they would be 1st rounders and now they're stuck in round two probably...and rinally what about the steady fall of rodique wright from UT...i saw one mock draft that had him going to us in round 4!!!

8. newbiefan

newbiefan Rookie

Hopefully Winston or Justice to 33, but for sure one of the top secondary prospects (simpson, cromartie, allen, joseph are my hopes)

and to our third round prolly cedric griffin (who is my favorite for one of our 3rd rounders), prolly jon scott/ trueblood, maybe colledge, hopefully hodge, stovall

9. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I simplified my job and just added my comments on your list.

10. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

players id love to fall to 33 in order- winston, cromartie, simpson, d'quell
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''65''''''''''''''''- daniel bullocks, davin joseph, colledge, stovall

11. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

My answer is Vince Young, lol.

12. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

1st rd. slip-
    • Marcus McNeil, OT
    • Marcedes Lewis,TE
    • DeMarco Ryans, LB

2nd rd slip-
    • Jonathan Scott, OT
    • Derek Hagans, WR
    • Greg Eslinger, C
    • Darryl Tapp, DE
    • Darnell Bing, S
    • Richard Marshall, CB

13. bad

bad Veteran

I never thought Richard Marshall would be a first-day pick coming out as a junior, although the Patriots might jump the gun on him. Belichick apparently likes Pat Hill-coached athletes. I see Marshall maybe dropping to the 4th round but my money would be on the 3rd round, to the Pats - where he could re-unite with his former partner in crime James Sanders, who was a better college player than Marshall (albeit at safety) and lasted until the 4th round before being picked by guess who, that's right-Belichick, who also took Pat Hill's Logan Mankins in the 1st round.

I don't see Bing nor Big Jon Scott slipping past the 2nd either but some of the people you mentioned are sure to fall, simply because there's such value in the first day.

14. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

Other than Bing and maybe Marshall, I expect all of those guys to fall to the rounds you have them slipping to and would not be surprised if those happen.