Who will directly influence the Texans W/L record?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Aug 7, 2006.

?

Who will make the difference if they have a good season?

1. Carr

20.0%
  2. DD or our running game

4.3%
  3. AJ/Moulds

1.4%
  4. Mario and the D-Line

15.7%
  5. Ryans or any Lb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. D-Rob and the secondary

1.4%
  7. Kris Brown/Chad Stanley

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Kubiak and crew

57.1%
  1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Who will be the most influence?

2. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

Carr, David.

3. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

I think the winning attitude and ability to challenge the players that is being seen by the coaching staff is going to be the biggest influence on the team.

4. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I think it's our running game. With DDs injury how we can run the ball without him is going to be a huge aspect in if we can wins games or not. Our running game has to step up in order for us to be successful this year.

5. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Considering what we've been through and the fact that Kubiak will be Carr's biggest influence, I gotta go with the coaching staff by a landslide.

6. socalfan

socalfan Rookie

The offensive line. You can't win if you can't run. You can't win if the qb doesn't have time to throw the ball. You also can't win if the qb holds onto the ball too long. You also can't win if the defense doesn't keep them from scoring. Guess that is why they call it a team sport.

7. Scooter

Scooter Funky

deffinately the staff. we're retaining most of our starters from last season, except now they'll have a legitimate chance to perform. babin & peek are back where they belong. carr now has a real playbook. our offensive line will be using a proven blocking scheme and have mike freakin sherman right there teaching them. our receivers are running real routes now, and will be in the right place to exploit coverages. we'll actually use one of those new fangled tight ends that other teams have been using. our d-line is going to be moved and substituted often, and they're going to be given free reign to pin their ears back & hurt somebody. we wont be stuck in one mode throughout a game like with capers. if something isnt working, we'll actually have the ability to adjust and flow with the game because our coach has so much experience leading successful offenses. and best of all everyone will be accountable. from david carr to chad stanley, each and every player will be expected to be perfect from here on out, and with real consequenses if they arent giving 100%.

8. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

Coaching staff. They are definitely having an impact on the attitude of the team. Let's see how it translates on the field.

9. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

you can go right down the list, I think its obvious:

1) David Carr: how effectively kubiak pushes Carr to perform without breaking his spirit will decide his confidence and ultimately his performance

2) DD/Run game/Oline: its all about a system not one player, if the coaches sell the system and get people on the same page, we will do good, if sherman can slowly work the rookies spencer and winston into the mix and let them grow throughout the season, they will produce.

3) AJ/Moulds: a well coached David Carr, a team effort on the O-line and AJ and Moulds feeding off each other should produce a great improvement in the passing game.

4) Mario/D-line: rotating lineman and karmelowitz pulling the strings should produce one of the best D-lines in the league. i believe the success of the secondary is directly linked to the pass pressure we get from the d-line also

5) Ryans/LB corps: either ryans cowart or eventually wong will have to step up and lead the LB's and the defense or we will struggle again with the big runnig plays that have been the back-breaker in the past. early on sharper did a good job at this and we stopped the run much better then, still cant believe we let him go. I think ryans will step up and we will improve.

6) Special Teams: again I think coaching will be the key. with Mathis a question mark, who they can get ready to take over kick returns will be important.

overall I think we have the players we need to get the job done. How well the coaching staff does to get them working together and playing like winners will decide the outcome of this season. I think we will do well. I would like another LB and another DB that can come in and play at starter intensity though, as I feel these are our 2 glaring weaknesses. I wish them all the best of luck and look forward to another season, maybe even a winning season. :)

10. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Kubiak & Co., without a doubt.

11. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

I see this as more of a team effort, than the emphasis being put on one player or coach. Like my philosophy on Peyton, he wouldn't be much without his team enabling him. Same goes for here too.

Roster is 53, plus coaches. However many this ends up totalling is my answer.

12. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

Motivation and Attitude...starts at the top and works it's way through the entire organization. :cowboy1:

13. TexanFanInCC

TexanFanInCC Hall of Fame

the biggest influence: the H2O quality - the waterboy

nah just kidding. my vote goes to kubiak and staff. carr's performance will be a direct representation of kubiaks coaching. how kubiak does will depend on how far carr has come.

Lucky likes this.
  14. Hutch13

Hutch13 List of demands

Wheres the O-Line?? Because if you cant block the QB cant throw and thats what happened a lot last year.

15. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

I can't vote because i believe it is a combination of three key components:
    Carr
    Kubiak
    D
    Carr needs to be able to trust his o-line and himself in this new offensive scheme. Without that, don't score any points.

Kubiak needs to get this team going in the right direction. I think after 4 years of losing, it's hard to prove to a team that they can win. Kubiak will also have to help Carr step up and mold him into the QB they thought they brought in 5 years ago.

Everybody and their mother ran on our D last year. Where as our run D I think will be better than last year, it ain't going to help if everyone just throws all over us.

16. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

Shanahan, Kyle:shades:

17. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Because they make everyone else on this list better.

18. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Kudos

19. real

real Guest

I went with DB because I think thats our weakest position, IMO, and if we have a couple guys step up back there, we may be legitimate playoff contenders...

20. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Every comment made about players or their positions just keeps bringing me back to Kubiak and co. The coaches are the ones that will get these guys to play like they want it and not call rediculously predictable plays as well.