who we may target in FA

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

This is a list of sleeper FA from ESPN... I am thinking with Casserly saying the Texans won't make a big splash.. these might be the ones targeting.

I am thinking maybe Rossum.... Carson? never watched him, but if he can command double teams and eats up space, I wonder if he is worth anthing

2. texansfan88

texansfan88 All Pro

How bout we sign Simmons and Bell back, then maybe Deloach and Payne, then worry about making a splash...Casserly has to be smokescreening something man. How do you only sign back 3 of your players and say you're not going to make a splash and *GET THIS* resign your own players

3. AndreJ

AndreJ All Pro

I agree with you, i don't think they are giving out a lot of information either. I kind of like it though it sets up for a nice suprise in the long run ;). As for Simmons I would love to see him back, I didn't know he was a FA this year. He provides alot of depth in our Secondary and was all over the field when he got a chance to get some playing time.

4. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

They aren't on the list, but the starting center for the Ravens and Mike Wahle from GB. We fix bothe center and gaurd issues.

5. AndreJ

AndreJ All Pro

Highly and i mean highly unlikely, Wahle will require a good deal of money. Can't think of the Raven's Center off the top of my head, but we won't see any real major changes in our O-Line during the offseason. The line will be given another chance to gel and get used to each other, but if the problem persist next season we may see a reach for someone before the trading deadline, however i don't think it will be a big name if it were to happen.

Most likely situation for our O-Line would be to fix it through the draft and let them develop. Unfortunately DC might not be alive by then.!!.

6. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Casey Rydell? or something like that..All I can remember is Steven Seagal in Under Siege :wacko: and I think the gentlemen has the same name

7. WildBlackBear32

WildBlackBear32 All Pro

Casey Rabach...had to check it myself because I thought it was Mike Flynn(Product of THE CHS...).

8. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Yes, I suspect that they will be more expensive than most, but they fix what needs to be fixed, they are fairly young and we can offset that expense in a big way by cutting the guys currently screwing up the middle and have several years to build talent behind them with drafted guys. Thanks guys for the look up of the Casey Rabach thing, I couldn't think of it when I posted.