Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who to Hire to Replace OB?

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
Romeo and make Peyton Manning OC.

Or even Romo as OC.

It may have already been said somewhere, probably has. If so, I apologize for the redundancy. But I heard early in the season, that Romo was the smartest football player he had ever spoken with. During our game, where he was the color man, I was amazed at the speed and accuracy, before, during and after each play, that he diagnosed the flaws that he saw, and called them out .... and he was right! Without a doubt, the fastest and most accurate I've ever heard. I'm sure it won't last, (the coaches won't like being outed), but, it proved to me that JJ was right when he said, after the game, that our opponent was smart, they were prepared with a good game plan ! Romo won't come because he is serious about becoming a Pro Golfer and that is tremendously time consumptive. He's got a good enough gig right now to keep from backing up. But we need to study Sean McVay. I don't think O'Brien has the humility to follow his plan. McVay said that before you make any changes at all, you've got to thoroughly evaluate all of your players, and begin to build a scheme that is tailored to the specific talent on your team.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
I loved what Defelippo was doing last night. Great offensive mind, but would he make a good coach?

texanhead08

All Pro
I like David Shaw if we are going the college route. I don't see Harbaugh as a candidate because he is going to want total control and I am not a fan of any coach getting that much power.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Who was the head coach? That's where the blame lays. Shannahan was fighting for his job. He knew it and rushed his prized rookie back both in that playoff game when RG3 was clearly limping and the next season. The following season Shannahan was fired. By the time Shannahan benched RG3 that season, the damage was done. Owner didn't put RG3 back in. I dislike Snyder as much as the next guy (I'm a local to the DC area) but I do back him on that one; he listened to his QB. Ultimately it was too late for RG3 and well we all the know the Washington franchise has been in disarray since then.

Seahawks vs. Redskins: In Sticking with RG3, Mike Shanahan Made the Right Call
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1472805-seahawks-vs-redskins-in-sticking-with-rg3-mike-shanahan-made-the-right-call

This way I saw it too. I was big fan of RG3 along with his WR and center that last year of college. I remember at the time thinking of how David Clyde was wasted ruining a 18 year old's career.

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
Don't think he wants it but I'll take Romo as a coordinator or head coach any ******* day.
I believe I would too, but I think he's got to prove to himself that he can't make it on the tour, before he will begin to consider any job that requires the time that football would demand. It's a shame. Personally, if I had his mind, I'd rule the world .... or whatever portion I chose !

Earl34

Hall of Fame
I'm still leaning towards the Titans' OC, Matt LaFleur. It's still early, but he's been battling injuries to his OTs, lost his TE and leading receiver while still being able to attack the Jags and Eagles defenses.