Who the heck are we taking?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by pollster, Feb 28, 2007.

?

Who to take a #8?

1. Laron Landry

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. Amobi Okoye

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. Levi Brown

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  4. Brady Quinn

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Jamaal Anderson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. pollster

pollster Rookie

Okay, look at the Mock Drafts around the web and the top 4 are set:

1 - Russell
    2 - Thomas
    3 - Peterson
    4 - Johnson

Arizona is probably taking Adams, he's the best DE in the draft and they are going BPA.

The HailRedskins Mock Database has Branch safely atop the mocks, so i'll put him there.

Minnesota could definitely use a wide receiver, and Ginn is the 2nd elite receiver in the draft.

So then who do we take? Levi Brown? LaRon Landry? Amobi Okoye? Brady Quinn? Jamaal Anderson?

I just can't get a feel for our pick. I'm leaning towards Landry.

2. Please_Evolve

Please_Evolve Veteran

IMO it's between Landry and Brown. Hands down if AP is gone...which he will be.

3. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

I'll go with LaRon because he was my initial gut feeling after all the bowl games had ended. My feelings about him being a good player have never been higher than they are now after this combine. He is not only a great prospect but he fits a need and he plays a key position that we have never had a dominant player play.

4. Stros5Texans80

Stros5Texans80 Veteran

I wouldn't mind seeing Quinn come here. I think he can flourish under our system and I wouldn't mind starting Sage for half the season then letting Quinn take the reins.

5. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

you know its just too early to tell just yet. the evaluation process is not over or complete. free agency will have a huge bearing, who we sign or let go. from a pure scouting perspective right now with our hole in the middle of the secondary & given his production and measureables its probably LaRon Landry. thats if the Texans can address other critical needs via fa like tackle (OL/DL) cb, rb & of course the 60 million dollar QB.........if the Texans trade Carr & don't sign a top FA to replace him, then come draft day & Bardy Quinn is sitting there @ #8 its a done deal, sorry :redface:

6. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Minnesota would've been in the play-offs, if they had an inkling of pass defense. I think they surprise a lot of people & take Laron(after that 4.35)... Of the four you mentioned, My gut says Levi Brown, with a slight chance of Brady Quinn.

7. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

This is all of course if All Day isn't there.

8. santo

santo Hall of Fame

I went with Levi Brown. I have a feeling that if there are going with Carr or whoever, they are going to start addressing the O-line. If Levi Brown is not available, I have a feeling they are picking Laron Landry.

9. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

quinn, and wouldn't look back.

10. texans83

texans83 All Pro

I picked Laron Landry I think he will be the best player on the board and I think he will be the safest pick for us.

11. Exithios

Exithios Veteran

To avoid reaching @ the #8 spot, I would have to say that Laron is the BPA hands down. That is based off the names provided on your poll, now if AD or Joe Thomas fall then that is a whole other scenario.