Who Should we Get in the Draft?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by was385, Nov 18, 2006.

1. was385

was385 Rookie

I think Jake Long would be a perfect fit in the first round. He is a 320 lb tackle and probably the best in the country out of Michigan. We could move one of like Winston, Long, etc. into guard. We need a lineman and try and get a FS in the second round. Who do you guys think we should take

2. Farough

Farough Site Contributor

I was thinking Leon Hall before seeing him in todays game.. he looks so lost...

3. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Lang won't go in the first round and is probably a 3rd round prospect at this point. There are several LT's rated higher than he is, most notably Joe Thomas (Wisconsin) and Levi Brown (Penn St.)

4. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Most tackles are > 300 lbs.
    And there are 49 other states, lets not limit our search for tackles to 1 state.

5. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

He looked horrible today

6. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Adrian Peterson
    Laron Landry
    Gaines Adams, yea I said it.

Mario and Adams?!?!?!!!!!

7. NEROtheZERO

NEROtheZERO Veteran

If we were going DL I'd rather pick up a monster tackle in a later round.

8. the wonger need food

1.) Outside LB - Obviously.
    2.) Defensive Lineman - Payne is done. TJ is probably done with this organization and probably earns recognition as its biggest bust.
    3.) Offensive Tackle - Depending on how Winston performs and Spencer's progress.
    4.) Safety - I can't tell if our current safeties are any good. They don't make many plays, but they aren't as bad as Matt Stevens.
    4.) RB - Lundy doesn't look like the answer and Domanick is probably done. Hoping for Gado to step up and play like he did last year.
    5.) QB - Patience is starting to run thin with Carr and Rosenfels isn't a legitimate predecesor.
    6.) WR - Need to find a young #2 if Mathis doesn't pan out. Walter is probably a career #3 and Moulds will only be around a few years.

9. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

like i've been sayin Daymeion Hughes is our guy, look for him tonight against USC, hes gonna have a field day going against Jarrett and Smith

10. the wonger need food

The only thing we know for certain is that the Texans won't draft anyone listed in this thread...

11. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I think it would be funny if we drafted Gaines Adams. That would make 3 defensive linemen drafted in the 1st round in three consecutive drafts. I wouldn't be that opposed to it though. Gaines, Mario, Weaver (moving to DT) and maybe TJ would probably make for a good D-line. That said, we need a LB and secondary help even more. I don't know who the top prospects are at those positions, but whoever they are, they can help us.

12. TexanFanInCC

TexanFanInCC Hall of Fame

if we ever needed a QB, not that we do, id take troy smith!

13. MasterC25

MasterC25 Rookie

Could you imagine if we pick up Paul Poz. from Penn state as our weakside linebacker. Him with Demeco would tear this league up for the next 10-12 years. I can only imagine

14. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

After his bowl performance last year against ND I've thought he's the best QB in the country. Quinn is not even close to him IMO. Troy Smith = Oakland Raider in 2007.

15. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

OLB,DT,DB,OL. I think our weakest position is OLB we need someone can work with DeMeco. DT is banged up. DB we need onemore really good DB from draft or FA. OL we can't get enough of them. Especially C,G. Flanagan is getting old and perhaps a few more years left in him. And Kicker or Punter anyone? A recent performance of these two made me a bit nervous.

16. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

if we can get kevin kolb in the 2nd day i would say why not, Kubiak would probably have a good time teachin him, or if troy smith drops to the 2nd round i would take him to

but daymeion hughes or LaRon Landry would be my dream

17. BradK10

BradK10 Hall of Fame

Paul P. from Penn State or Laron Landry

We need a playmaker safety. "Can't Cover" Brown makes me sick.

18. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

thats why i said IF he did, we better take him

19. fdknuckles

fdknuckles Rookie

IMO we are seriously shallow in our CB's and safeties. I wouldn't mind picking up Griffen from Texas to allow Dunta a little more play making time. When we had Aaron Glen, Dunta was the weak side DB and make some hella plays and got what 6 picks his first year. Lets free him up again and put a heavy hitter in our defensive back field.

20. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

the big OT from Michigan, Jake Long was impressive today. excellent pass protection and paving lanes for Hart.

Leon Hall got burned a couple times by Ginn but who doesnt, he did make a nice shoe string tackle once, I would be ok if the Texans drafted him. CB rankings usually change after the combine anyway.

LeRon Landry had another solid game (7 tackles, 5 assisted) he should be a top 15 pick (Texans could be in the 11-15 range if they show they can beat the Bills tomorrow who are sitting right now at #11).