Who is to blame?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by DoCRoN, Oct 3, 2011.

?

Who sold more tickets to Steelers fans?

1. Texans Fans

30 vote(s)
    63.8%
  2. Ticket Brokers

17 vote(s)
    36.2%
  1. DoCRoN

DoCRoN Veteran

Our group had a discussion about the amount of Steelers fans at Reliant on Sunday. Based on what everyone usually sees in and around their own seats, where did most of the tickets for Steelers fans come from? Was it Texans fans selling out, or do ticket brokers own that many seats?

thunderkyss likes this.
  2. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

All of the above. Even Granato said one of his friends sold his $120.00 seats for $350.00 each.

Kind of hard to criticize someone that just turned a $460.00 profit! That said, I would never even be tempted.

3. DoCRoN

DoCRoN Veteran

I agree. We looked into buying a couple extra tix for customers, and it seemed like they were going for 3x or even 4x face value. It reminds me of (ah the good times) the World Series back in '05. We got our hands on 2 tickets, and realized we could sell them for like $1k each. My wife and I thought about it for a split second, then realized we may never have another chance to go to a World Series game again. Ever. Obviously we didn't sell out.

4. DoCRoN

DoCRoN Veteran

I know both were contributing factors; I'm curious on everyone's opinion of where most came from. Were season ticket holders conspicuously absent around you? Or are the seats where you saw Steelers fans usually a revolving door anyway?

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Gary Kubiak, Rick Smith, Bob McNair, & the Houston Texans are to blame (in no particular order).

If they would make home sacred, & refuse to lose at home, People would come to watch them kick ass.

Too many times we go against a team like the Steelers & lose it in the second half.

I bathe in Koolaide, got an IV hooked when I'm sleeping. I love this team.

But I had my fingers crossed the entire second half.

6. Kimmy

Kimmy RealGirls LvFB!

Who cares? We WON so all those Steeler fans who paid out the butt got ripped twice.

Playoffs likes this.
  7. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

^Bingo!

8. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

From what I seen in my area it was SELL OUT fans! Sad because it was in the Bull Pen also!

9. Vinnie

Vinnie with an I E

I'm going with ticket brokers. All the usual Texans fans around us that are normally present were there, so if my section was a microcosm of the rest of the stadium I'd say most Texans fans with season tickets showed up.

10. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

Uh, the Steelers have one of if not the biggest fan base in the entire country. Why is it such a shock to see so many of their fans in the stadium? Who cares is the better question, I guess.

11. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

I was lucky enough to attend the game yesterday... I was appalled at the number of Steeler fans... of course, it made harassing them that much more fun... including my Steeler wife... (who I made wear a Texans jersey, because you ain't dissing my house!) :)

BIG TORO likes this.
  12. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

The fact that Houston is a major metropolitan area with lots of relatively recent growth also plays a role. It has a large population of transplants from other parts of the country, and they bring their previous loyalties with them. Cities like Green Bay and Detroit are either too small to draw a lot of newcomers or not exactly on an upward growth trend, so there probably aren't a lot of fans from other teams there.

13. DoCRoN

DoCRoN Veteran

Me, I guess. That's why I posed the question and posted the poll. I know ultimately "it doesn't matter" since we won, we're all Texans fans regardless, etc. It's known that they have a large fan base, and have been very successful. So their presence was bound to be felt.

Like I said, we had discussion after the game at our tailgate about why so much damn yellow in the stadium. I was merely seeking opinions of those who observed the same and wondered the same.

14. Rick_Moon

Rick_Moon Thank You

The Steelers game was the biggest chance to make money off of your tickets. I had a deal with a guy on Saturday (He was a Texans fan) to sell my 2 tickets in 608 ($60 face) and my yellow lot pass for $400 total. That would've been one third of what we paid for our season tickets just like that. That's why there were so many steelers fans there. Money.

But the Texans won, and it was definitely an experience. Oh, and I ended up going instead of selling them. I had 3 people that were Pittsburgh fans call me from out of state.

15. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Good thing I don't know any Steelers fans.. :kitten:

16. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

The Steelers are always represented well when we play them. I would say more so than any other team even more than Dallas.

17. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Blame the Steelers. It's their success after all that brings Steeler fans out of the woodwork wherever they go. When the Texans rip off 8 trips to the Super Bowl and win 6 of them then people will be bitching about how Texans fans are everywhere.

Until then we just have to deal with it.

18. Vinnie

Vinnie with an I E

Another thing that hasn't been brought up is I spoke with more than a couple people in the beer line that are Steelers fans first, but happen to live in Houston and have season tickets to the games.

19. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

The season ticket holders behind us have another set of seats. They sold them for half the price of the full season. Hard to fault doing that.

20. Section516

Section516 Warrior

I had to go play Army and sold my two tickets to a lady at work.

Didn't know she was a Stealers fan untill today.

Whoops. :scarygirl: