Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who is the NFL Rookie of the year so far?

beerlover

Hall of Fame
I realize this is small consolation right now after another devastating loss, but Dunta Robinson is making a strong case for Defensive Rookie of the year honors in my book, with Rothlisberger leading the Offensive category. After the first 5 weeks how do y'all see it idonno:

Who's the RB for the Rams..Jackson..he's my choice for offensive so far. Or Roy Williams.

Defensive I will have to think about. I wouldn't vote for Robinson. The secondary got torched yesterday and they still have to play the Colts twice and some other good throwing teams.

Offensive - Roy Williams (but Big Ben is climbing the chart fast)
Defensive - Erik Coleman

i don't kow about a defensive rookie of the year...if robinson can get 5 ints this season i think he will be the droy

offensive rook right now would be roy...but if big ben can keep the steelers in the playoff contention and they get to the playoffs he will be the oroy

keyfro said:
i don't kow about a defensive rookie of the year...if robinson can get 5 ints this season i think he will be the droy

offensive rook right now would be roy...but if big ben can keep the steelers in the playoff contention and they get to the playoffs he will be the oroy

Robinson didnt even get nominated for defensive rookie of the week, when he got 2 ints on Collins. I almost **** myself. Look back at that week, and tell me who did better than him on that list. nfl.com

I like Ben Roe. He is winning, and has a good chance to win alot more with that team of his. Im not sure what is worth more. A QB who has 350 yards, and a few picks, or a QB like ben who has 200 yards and no picks.

If they make playoffs its Ben. if they dont, id put my money on Roy Boy.

offense- big ben or roy williams
defense- dj williams for the broncos is playing lights out for a rookie. and a longshot would be big vince wilfork, playing a lot better than i thought he would in a 3-4 defense.

offense is a toss up right now, but would have to be ben if he keeps up his play

defense, booie4 got it right, dj has been tearing it up for denver. vince will have a hard time because i don't think he starts.

I am sure after Roy Makes Al Harris his ***** ya'll be back on his wagon hitched up until the end of the season...yeeeeeeha :headbang:

Ihategeeks said:
I am sure after Roy Makes Al Harris his ***** ya'll be back on his wagon hitched up until the end of the season...yeeeeeeha :headbang:

Doesn't every Wr playing against the GB secondary looks like ProBowl material?

"Big Ben" is a QB...and Roy is a WR. Ben will get the honor if he keeps it up. I'm not one that likes the QB get the biggest rewards. No telling what will happen though

I'll take the #7, you know the Ben Roethlis-Freaking-Berger.... :headbang:

This kid is outstanding, he is looks like he's going to be a mainstay of Pittsburg for years to come. He has a great team around him and came into a good situation with the coaches. I am looking forward to watching him bring the Steelers back to the upper echelon of the AFC one day.

Steelers got a steal at #11. Which makes me wonder (and nothing against Robinson) what we might have gotten in a trade if teams knew this is how he would be playing.

ledzeppelin269 said:
Steelers got a steal at #11. Which makes me wonder (and nothing against Robinson) what we might have gotten in a trade if teams knew this is how he would be playing.

it depends on how many teams need a QB and would be willing to move up that much to give up as much as they would have. I never believed in him until he just won his 4th straight game. They guy can play

Give it to Ben

The guy is insane, almost 69% comp , 7/4 TD/INT

69% comp

938 yards

69% comp

Chad Pennington is the only one higher with 70%

This guy is the best rookie QB I have ever seen.
Roy is going to have to make magic to compete with this guy

And the Lions are no DisneyLand.

Orriginaly i had said i liked Roy Williams for R.O.Y. (yes i admit to it being a bit of a homer pick) . But after getting a chance to see Big Ben play for the first time yesterday ive come away singing a different tune . That guy does not look anything like a rookie , if i didnt know better i'd think he's in his 3rd / 4th season . No team i hate more than the Steelers (accept maybe the Titanics)but i gotta say they prolly got the best player in the draft at least on the offensive side of the ball .

Roy Williams for sure.

I tried to tell everyone that Big Ben was the best of the Big 3 Name QB's in the draft this year.

Eli and Rivers aint got nuttin on Big Ben.

Chargers and Giants got trumped by the Steelers.

The thing with Big Ben (can't spell his freakin last name) is would he be doing this well with a bad core of WR's, or a core like the tacks are having to play with right now? idonno: Oh and DROY at this point Dunta.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS said:
watch out for Mewelde Moore. he is now the starting RB for the Vikings.
I think Moore introduced himself just nicely to us Texan fans when he played us.

Anyhow, I say Dunta gets the nod for DROY. I really can't think of anyone else who is having a better defensive rookie year. I was real suprised to see Robinson after week 7 #4 in the AFC in INTS and #6 overall due to yardage and others having a TD. I thought Sean Taylor would be somewhere in the picture but he is nowhere to be found. :thumbup

So far it's been Roethlisberger as the offensive ROY, but I don't think he can keep his game at the same level for the rest of the year, I think Roy Williams will eclipse him by season's end.

As far as Defensive ROY, it's got to be either DJ Williams from the Broncos or the Texans very own Dunta Robinson. Pretty sweet for me that those are my two teams.

Since Lamont Thompson is in his 3rd year in the league, I doubt he will be rookie of the year.

You never know, they have different sets of rules in Tennessee. It takes a long time for rookies to develop there paralleling thier school system and dental health. Developement is slow.

Tedc said:
You never know, they have different sets of rules in Tennessee. It takes a long time for rookies to develop there paralleling thier school system and dental health. Developement is slow.
I guess they arent used to losing so they have to look for bright spots somewhere. Even if its totally off the wall.

Jags have this Kicker who has won 2 games, oh and we have shorter fields to contend with than our opponents thanks to him.

He was picked in the draft in an area considered the sleeping zone; for a player to come out this deep in the draft and have the impact he's had for the team, he'd be considered a sleeper.

But if your a Kicker, standards are different when being picked this late... Not because they generally lead the rest of the players on the team in points, or give the rest of the players better field advantage, or because they make a Jack Hammer game saving tackle now and again, no getting picked this late in the draft for a kicker should be considered an honor. Get to the back of the bus... Talk about discrimination... If TC could have had this Kid when he lost Hollis... :hmmm:

beerlover said:
I realize this is small consolation right now after another devastating loss, but Dunta Robinson is making a strong case for Defensive Rookie of the year honors in my book, with Rothlisberger leading the Offensive category. After the first 5 weeks how do y'all see it idonno:

after week 8 Rothlisberger by a landslide.

Big Ben keeps that kinda play up for the rest of the season and they will be handing the kid more hardware than just thre R.O.Y trophy ....the Steelers are lookin good . (they are also the team i hate most .... well outside of Bud's Boy's)

Saw an interview with Coach Cower and he was asked what was gonna happen when T ommy Maddox came back......his response "we will deal with that when the time comes" .......
No Way they bench Ben after the way he has played , He's earned the starting job . Maddox didnt lose it to injury but to a better QB. :twocents:

The Pittsburgh QB hands down. Nobody else even close. He handles himself like he's been there for years.

Roy will win. Big Ben has the hype right now, but Roy's been hurt. Ben's great, but Roy already ranks among the top 5 wideouts.

Back