Who is the leader on offense?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by djohn2oo8, Dec 23, 2012.

1. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 All Pro

Playcalling is pathetic and there is no passion on this team

2. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

It's not the playcalling, it's the Oline. They don't seem to do well vs. big powerful Dlines and we've all known that for awhile now

3. Rey

Rey Guest

It's a collective leadership. There's no dominant personality over there.

4. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Agreed. THe O line is getting owned today up front. Once that happens the rest of the offense will become a domino effect.

5. Premier

Premier All Pro

the leader of an offense should always be your qb. the fact that people are trying to pass the blame to the oline shows the mentality of a weak qb.. his o-line is good enough to get the job done. every excuse in the book...

6. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Its just so funny how u only seem to crawl out from under your rock when this guy has a bad game...which is why noone takes your efforts at trolling serious.

7. Rey

Rey Guest

Agreed. Our qb's skill set doesn't allow us to be successful when o line play is shabby.

8. Premier

Premier All Pro

what rock? ive been posting here non stop since ive signed up.. never a fan of schaub, keep believing in this loser, you will always have an excuse.. losers love making excuses..

9. Rey

Rey Guest

Schaub would make a really good back up.

10. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Lol, dude everyone knows you're a troll....probably some VY fanboy mad cause your boy is out of work.

im on this board damn near everyday and rarely see u on here. matter fact, the only time i see u on here is when schaub doesnt play well....dont recall seeing any of your posts after the denver game....plus, i dont see how you've been posting "nonstop" when you only have 634 posts.....nice try though.

11. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

When David Carr couldn't get it done everyone blamed the offensive line until it was just painfully obvious that much of the problems were Carr's. Now that we've hit Schaub's ceiling and he's demonstrated that without flawless protection he's not able to get the job done we're back to demanding that the offensive line be no less than perfect.

When the Texans had chances Matt blew it. He overthrew receivers, he dumped off the ball to guys who had no chance to get the first down, and we all watched him stare down receivers all day long. Matt is who he is and if you think that is in some way special then well, no sorry. He's not.

There are things on this team that are not working the way they should be. One of those things is the starting QB. I'm more than willing to talk about any of them but if you think Matt's off limits then there's no point in discussing any of it.

Ghostform likes this.
  12. Texecutioner

Where is his replacement that is better?

Where is this guy that you guys want so bad that is a top 5 QB? I continue to wait for this grand plan on how you're going to convince some other team to give you theirs.

13. Premier

Premier All Pro

lol at you reaching for any insult you can find, you dont know me guy. i visit texanstalk everyday, its my normal stop with clutchfans.. what are you some message board bouncer. lol what a joke. you must have me confused with someone else, you can find me in damn near every game tread this season and last season, since ive signed up here. but nice try though..

and lol really, a troll. "he has a different opinion than me, he must be a troll" stfu.. lol guy ive been on TT for 2 years and almost have as much rep power as you in a fraction of thw posts.. whos the troll.. fkn clown..

14. Texecutioner

It's a bit peculiar that you have popped up suddenly after a loss just to bash Schaub when I bet that you had no problems with him when we were like 9-1. Your post comes off as a knee jerk reaction to a bad game. You want Schaub gone, then do what none of his other critics have done and explain how the Texans are going to convince the Saints to give us Brees or how we'll get the Patriots to give us Tom Brady.

15. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

It's time to start looking for him. You act like what I say isn't true or valid because I don't have a Pro Bowl QB in my pocket or something. That's just Toro muffins. Somebody it seems grabs a QB every year in the NFL and no, they don't all work out but right now we have a guy who has hit his ceiling. That's a goddamn fact. Matt Schaub in big games is just useless and that assertion is backed up by every single big game that guy has lost since the day he got here. He can be good but he's not good enough and he isn't going to miraculously transform into that guy.

It's time to go get a QB. Not some guy that nobody wanted (I like Case Keenum as much as the next guy but c'mon, he was an UDFA for a reason) but a first day pick. At least someone taken before the 5th round like Yates.

thunderkyss likes this.
  16. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Not reaching for an insult dude...u just mad that i outed your ass...take a deep breath homie...everyone here knows your shtick. The fact that your so mad lets me know that i was pretty much dead on with my assessment.....

17. Surreal McCoy

Surreal McCoy All Pro

Exactly. But most people don't see Wade Smith getting blown up by a LB. Or Derek Newton looking like a turnstile all day. You could have Joe Montana and Eric Dickerson back there today and we still wouldn't have moved the ball.

18. Premier

Premier All Pro

whatever you say TT detective., i still believe you have me confused with someone else. ive commended schaub when hes made plays, but ive never had much confidence in the guy to begin with.. im calling schaub a spade, been calling him a spade for years now, system qb, who im not convinced is the leader a super bowl team needs. TT isnt the only texans message board on the web.. if you want to do the research, the evidence that ive posted in damn near every game thread here is available. until then youre just speculating and hoping youre right.. well, youre not.

fact is i do have almost as much repping power you do, despite having only a fraction of the posts. but whatever call me a troll because i have a different opinion than you.. a troll actually doesnt believe the things he says, i believe 100 that schaub is a spade..

19. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I hate to bring politics into the thread, so just ignore the political implications, but this argument struck me like the anti-drilling crowd. They're always going on with the argument that it will take 20 years to get some oil reserve online, so there's no sense in doing it. Meanwhile, 20 years ticks by.

It's just silly. No one said replace Schaub tomorrow. Well, no one serious.

20. devo-x

devo-x Veteran

Why does the O-line struggle in games like this?