Who is biscuit?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Yankee_In_TX, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

Starting right guard Sunday.

Courtsey of the cheerleader weekly wrap up video.

2. Yankee_In_TX

3. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

Lindsay may have found herself a starting job. Did the starter get hurt as all the Texans players have?

4. Yankee_In_TX

Huh? She does the weekly wrap up every week :) Today she said someone they call "Biscuit" is starting at RG, I said "who?"

5. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

To me, 'Biscuit' will always be Cornelius Bennett, not some scrub o-lineman on a bad team.

6. Lauren

Lauren Nom Nom Nom

For reals. She should totally do newscasts!

7. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Dude what is your problem? The guys on the team call him that, if you do not want to fine then dont. But to blast into him and the team because of a freakin stupid nick name is lame. As far as scrub lineman, he is a young player you have no idea how his career will pan out so to call him a scrub is harsh.

Hell I knew a guy in high school we called biscuit, because he looked like a biscuit short of 300, he kinda did not like but that is how it goes at times. Are you going to tear into him for us giving him that nickname?

8. YellerLotYeller

YellerLotYeller nice marmot

mmmmmmmmmm........biscuits.

signed,

Ron Dayne

Yankee_In_TX likes this.

9. Sideline

Sideline Hall of Fame

She seems to be quite the natural at presenting. Never knew she presented this before.

10. Yankee_In_TX

Yup, every week :) Gets posted late Friday afternoon and summarizes injuries and new starters.

11. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Welllllll!!!!!!!!!! If our new "BISCUIT" has the heart of the racehorse "Biscuit," we have a winner on our hands.

A great movie BTW!!:)

12. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

I don't have one. Looks like you need to take something for yours though.

I hope 'Scrub' Biscuit does well on Sunday, because if he does it helps a bad team. Who knows, he may eventually turn into a legit NFL offensive lineman -- but I'm guessing he won't. We definitely need a long term solution for Weary given the length of time it will take him to recover.

I'm sure every HS and college football team in America has a 'Biscuit' - I imagine it's kind of a commom nickname. But when I hear that name in the context of an NFL discussion, I think of Cornelius Bennett. Kind of like when I hear the term LT, I don't think of one of my fantasy RBs.

Our 'new' biscuit has been with the team for two years. If you recall, he's the guy that had the seizure on the sideline last year. His practice squad eligibility is done after this season so I'm sure Kubiak is giving him this opportunity now in order to see what he can do with live bullets flying vs. scout team. This may be his only/best opportunity. He wasn't able to beat out Chris White but that could be a Shermanism. He has some NFLE experience but that was with a team whose leading rusher was Tony Hollings. There's also the Colorado State pipeline in full effect with this player. I don't care where they're from or whether it's him or Studdard (or someone else) that emerges. We desperately need strong guard play next to Flanagan and hopefully a healthy McKinney replacing Flanagan next year along with a new C/G through the draft or FA.

13. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I remember that now, Aj. This is the opportunity for all the "scrubs" to show what they can do. Suit um up, send um out there, and let's see what they can do. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, we'll find that "diamond in the rough." Either that, or just go ahead and send them to IR. We're good at that, if nothing else!!:texflag:

14. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Why isn't Studdard playing? Don't tell me he got hurt on the one play he was in.