Who else would have been unhappy if they won today?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by supertankman, Dec 4, 2005.

1. supertankman

supertankman Rookie

We gotta secure that number 1 draft pick! :yahoo:

2. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

Me thank God Kyle Boller Saved us today. i feel funny saying Kyle Boller hahahahaha

3. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

Even bandwagon fans wouldn't support losing.....

4. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Can you blame Fangio?? He ended up blitzing his Defense when he saw the Prevent was not working. Boller and Fitgerald, MAN, we get beat by BAD Qbs!

GREAT JOB D!!!

5. ghostlight

ghostlight All Pro

I found myself thinking #1 pick as the final seconds ran down. It is bitter sweet!

6. TexansJunkE

TexansJunkE Veteran

In a sad way, I found myself cheering when Stover made that FG.:crying:

7. bigcarlos

bigcarlos Veteran

I was pissed when I saw we had the lead,then turned the radio on to hear the last minute. Im glad we lost, we need that #1 pick. Its just tough love that we have for our team right now.:texflag:

8. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

I have to admit, I still prefer winning, but I know what you mean.

9. tiger06

tiger06 Veteran

I hope we don't blow the #1 pick like we blew the game today

10. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

I guess I can tell the kind of people who would prefer losing since most of the posts here I cant see because the posters are on my block list.

11. profan

profan Veteran

Losers would be pissed if we won today. Nothing good comes from losing. Anyone who is happy the team lost is not a fan of this team plain and simple.

12. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

I never prefer to lose.....I hope they win each game they play...... :tomato: I don't care about next year...only about the game they are playing in now..

13. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

We must be getting ready to have the perfect draft coming up with all the players available that will right this ship after 1 bad season. Good thing we have the quality GM that quite a few on this board love, with a deep scouting department that has impressed with the decisions made in the past.

Though the win would not have meant anything - I'd prefer a win just to lift the spirits of the players. However, to get no TD's in the game... probably didn't deserve the win, plus all the penalties.

Would I have been pissed with a win? No - but I'm sure 610 would've been filled with the "we lost the #1 pick" callers for my entire drive in tomorrow morning.

14. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

So many of you guys are so full of it. Wanting the Texans to lose in order to see a regime change, and a #1 pick is not in any sort of a way a judgement on what type of fan you are of the team. I've been a fan of Houston sports longer than most of you have been born, get real. We want whats best for the city, the team, and ourselves. And there is NOTHING fairweather about that. Save the insults for your Cowboy friends :)

15. False Start

False Start On # 69

Im to the point that if we win I'm kinda 50/50 on what to think . A win is nice and all but at this point , it really dosent count for much .

16. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

I just dont care if we win or lose because it is about the Playoffs and the Super Bowl. All I heard from the *****s on 610 to all the local sports shows on TV was how good this team would be and would be pushing for a Playoff bid. Of course now you tune into 610 and watch these shows and they blame the fans and ask "well what do you want?"

It just does not matter anymore. If we win, cool, if we lose, hey better draft pick.

17. supertankman

supertankman Rookie

Nothing good comes from loosing you loser, how about a superstar that might help this team start winning next year; this season is over regardless if they win all their games, what the hell do you want? them to win the remaining games so Capers and co. keeps his job? We need a overhall and it all starts with new coaching and number one overall pick just like when this team was a expansion, we are starting over fellas!

18. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

What would we have gained by winning? Yay we are 2-10? hooray we beat one of the other worst teams in the league?

we couldnt even have used this victory as proof that we arent as bad as we thought..since the Ravens suck nearly as much as we do.

Win for the sake of winning? sure.. i can understand that.. normally that is my attitude when it comes to competition.. however.. you people who would prefer the win to a loss are not looking at the big picture.

Victory for us isnt an empty W.. victory is whatever it takes to get this franchise back on track to being a REAL and COMPETITIVE football team. Winning against the ravens would have been a LOSS for the franchise.

That first round pick will bring us alot more wins in the future.

19. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

If you lose $1,000 gambling, is it considered a win when you gain $1,000 on your next bet?

20. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

How is it that the Moderators allow threads like this. I mean completely assinine threads dont do anything for this board other than detract from it. Come on moderators this is one of the best boards out there can we keep it that way.