Who don't you want to drafted as a Texan?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by staind755, Jan 27, 2007.

1. staind755

staind755 Rookie

It seems like this year it is a lot different then last years draft. I was just wondering what would you HATE to see the Texans do with their 8th pick in the first rd. Whether it's taking John Doe, or trading to move up, down, etc. What don't want to see the Texans do?

2. Scooter

Scooter Funky

brady quinn would be the worst pick possible IMO. after that, dont reach on a d-lineman.

3. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Ted Ginn, Brady Quinn, Alan Branch

4. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Brady Quinn, Marshawn Lynch, any receiver but C.Johnson, Paul posluzny, and not reaching for OL or DL...at the 8th

I don't want to see us trade up for our 1st selection...we need ALL the picks we can get.

I wouldn't mind seeing us trading down at all...so long as we pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rder. They should be starters anyways....I wouldn't trade down past 16ish probably.

5. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

I actually Like Alan Branch. agree with the other two. Untill I see Ginn Jr in a NFL game going over the middle and not allagator arm the catch...he's a one trick poney.

Sidney Rice WR South Carolina. There is a ton of upside with Rice. However he does not have natural soft hands, He strugles in most NFL patterns except the fly pattern. The fly he does very,very well. He has a higher bust range than "all star" range. Anyone takes him day one is gambeling they can coach him up.

I'm not anti Leron Landry. Taking the guy at the eight is very foolish. Landry is in the 12- 20 range in terms of tallent, and BPA. Taking the guy with the eight is like throwing two picks away. I don't think this team can afford to do that.

6. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I guess I feel the same way about Branch (and Landy for that matter). I don't really dislike Branch, but I don't think he should be a top 10 pick.

7. keyser

keyser Hall of Fame

My thoughts are pretty close to Ole Miss Texans'

I don't want Marshawn Lynch at #8. Only really watched him in the bowl game vs. the Aggies, but (despite his stats) he didn't impress me. Maybe if we traded into the lower part of the 1st, but not with a high pick.

Brady Quinn doesn't impress me either. If he falls to us at #8, I'd hope that we'd trade down with someone...

The only receiver I'd want early (in fact, almost anywhere in the first few rounds, unless we were getting great value) is Calvin Johnson. But, I wouldn't want to trade up for him, and the only way I think he'd fall to #8 would be if some serious problem popped up (in which case I might not want him anymore).

The only scenario I'd want to trade up would be if we had already released Carr and were trading up to get Russell. But even then, I don't know that I would really like it - it would be more of a trade out of need. Trade down might be OK (we need players) depending on the deal, but I'd probably be happiest staying put - I think we'll get someone good at #8, and going down even to #13 or so gets a lot shakier.

8. johndoe

johndoe Veteran

hey u got somethin johndoe???

9. SamuraiSword

SamuraiSword Veteran

We all can agree Brady Quinn. He looks like Carr and has the same mechanics as Carr. So no on that one......

10. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

Last thing this team really needs is another great receiver with nobody to get the ball to him. With that said, my answer is:

ANY WR (including CJ), Quinn

11. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

No to Quinn or any Domer for that matter.

12. TexansJunkE

TexansJunkE Veteran

"A numbers guy", for once can we get a guy that has a proven record to make a game changing play. (AP) Listen I bleed burnt orange and hate Oklahoma with a passion, but nothing for nothing this kid can flat out play ball! If he isn't there and I was making the choice 1) I would trade down and go for value like a Nelson or Landry, 2) Jamaal Anderson keep building that D Baby! The fact is we need a something on Sundays to look at and say we are one of the best teams to ....... Now whether it's our O-line, D-line, run game or pass game, we need something.

13. Wharton

Wharton Site Contributor

Of the names I've seen tossed around, I think drafting Adrian Peterson would be a big mistake. Missed to many games at the college level.

14. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

From freak, non-recurring injuries. No worries about health.

15. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

no qb...not even a late rounder. unless it is c.johnson, then no wr. i want a S/CB. i mentioned this in another thread that i like the kid out of florida..."the eraser". i wouldn't mind d.wright in the 2nd or 3rd, provided he's still there. (i have already admitted to being a bulldog homer).

16. yourfavoritetexan42

yourfavoritetexan42 Veteran

People I don't want to reach for at 8th pick:
    Laron Landry
    Levi Brown
    Any OLB
    Marshawn Lynch
    Reggie Nelson
    Any DL not named Alan Branch

People I don't want period:
    Jamarcus Russel
    Leon Hall

17. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

I think Ted Ginn is a sissy. He was jogging off the field when he got "hurt" then he comes back on crutches? I wouldn't want someone that isn't tough on my team.

Also, Brady Quinn. You guys don't need another David Carr.

18. Toro

Toro Veteran

Ted Ginn Jr.
    JaMarcus Russell

19. wolfscar

wolfscar Veteran

For the first pick ...
    - Any receiver
    - Any QB
    - D-Line - I think we have bigger holes to fill

I'd mostly like to see us trade down to a late-middle pick in the first and get either FS or CB ... mostly.

20. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I'm pretty sure that the doctors were the ones who told him what to do. I highly doubt that they told him he was fine, but he decided to walk with crutches anyway.