Who are these Texans?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by badboy, Dec 17, 2008.

1. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

As season ends and we look forward to free agency and the draft, today I pulled a team roster from Texans site. What can you tell me about these roster guys?

Rashad Butler Tackle: has he done enough to remain past OTA's
    Kevis Coley LB: I can't remember him being on the field.
    Clark Harris TE/LS: he will be back but will he make final roster?
    Craig Nall QB: another arm for training camp?
    Matteral Richardson CB: I vaguely remember him being signed.
    Kasey Studdard G: positive hoopla last year. Not much this season.

IR guys and practice squad players can be discussed also.

2. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Butler - He looked like our future swing tackle to me. I reckon Salaam will be gone soon.

Coley - Showed some promise in pre-season. It'd be nice to see him play a little in the final 2 games.

Harris - Presently our deep snapper and expect him to stay over Pitman

Nall - Picked up when Schaub went down.

Richardson - Haven't even seen him.

Studdard - He'll be around for next camp, but if he can't take that next step. He be gone

3. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Rashad Butler is going to be the first OT off the bench once Ephraim Salaam is gone and believe me when I say he'll be gone after this season.

Kevis Coley is a project guy who may or may not be here next year. It just depends on whether or not he makes progress and whether or not we find another project guy with more upside to take his place.

Clark Harris won't be on the team once Pittman gets his suspension over.

Craig Nall is the guy we always call first when we have a QB problem. He'll go to camp but not make the team and then go wait by the phone.

Matteral Richardson is better depth than we had and will compete for a job next year (more than likely resulting in Petey hitting the road.

Kasey Studdard is here because Kubiak is friends with his dad and is doing his old man a favor. That 's the best guess I can come up with. I can't think of a single reason why this guy is still eating a roster spot.

4. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

Clark Harris is interesting to me. Remember him playing at Rutgers couple of years ago, and he didn't seem like a bad TE project. Wonder if he bulks up if he could take Bruener's spot as the blocking TE. So he could fill two rolls, (Long snapper and blocking TE).

most likely will be cut though

5. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

We've only seen a sample of Harris' deep snapping, but they damn sure look better than what Pitman did this season. If Harris can step up and be depth at TE for us then he should take Pitman's spot. Pitman did nothing but snap. Remember, Kubiak like versatility.

6. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

I had to look Richardson up...
    from HT.com

hmmm... this is interesting; pulling him off the 'Skins P/S means he has to occupy a roster spot... they think that much of this dude?

I wonder if this means that CB has moved down the list of needs in the upcoming draft.

orrrr...

that they're stocking up on CBs in case D-Rob tests the waters in F/A and they don't want to match what someone else is willing to pay...?

hmmmm....

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  7. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

Butler is our swing when Ephram is gone. Nall was released now that Schaub is healthy.

8. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

It'll be deja vu all over again. they'll do the exact same thing they did last year. Load the roster with talent and let them fight it out for playing time. the only guys who are relatively safe are your guys on the pro bowl roster. Every one else is fighting for playing time and a roster spot. No one is safe. no one. the first day a player doesn't believe that that'll be the beginning of the end for him on this team. I figure okoye's got one more year. And so does Jocoby Jones....so on and so on. Two things with this coach...Can i trust you ? And when I call on you will you make a play for me....now....not next year....but now, will you execute for me ? At this point I wouldn't speculate on anyone.

9. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Thats exactly what I want from a head-coach :)

10. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Why? Pittman has snapped like crap this year. We need to look at a guy who can do somethng else in a pinch. Like a G/LS, LB/LS ect.. Get a few of those guys, and screw a wasted roster spot on a Snapper.

11. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

That's the way it should be.