Which win would you prefer?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by GuerillaBlack, Sep 1, 2010.

?

Which one?

Poll closed Sep 12, 2010.
  1. Colts in Week One

89.3%
  2. Cowboys in Week Three

10.7%
  1. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Okay, I was discussing with some Cowboy fans at "Cowboys Zone" forum, and they all seem to believe that Texans fans will be okay with an 8-8 season, as long as we beat the Cowboys. In fact, poster numnuts23 claims to have called ten friends and he says this:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190822&page=4

My question is, would you guys rather beat the Colts in Week One or beat the Cowboys in Week 3 (if we had a choice of who our team will beat).

2. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Colts by a mile. The cowboys are kind of a fun in-state rivalry, while Indy's game counts for everything when it comes to playoffs.

Brandon420tx likes this.
  3. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

4. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Which win would I prefer?

Yes.

Ole Miss Texan likes this.
  5. Texansfan36

Texansfan36 Veteran

Gotta go with the Colts. Yea a win over Dallas would be nice, if only to shut up their fans for a bit, but beating the colts puts us on the road to the division title and a playoff spot, which is 100 times more important than just one win.

Brandon420tx likes this.
  6. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

If the Cowboys Fan was telling the truth those are the stupidest fans I've ever heard of.

We need to beat the Colts more that the Cowgirls. Also we get two shots at the Colts, so I'll take two wins over the Colts, compared to one win over the Cowgirls.

Brandon420tx likes this.
  7. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

Is this Peggy?

Yes.....

I see a $35 charge for annual fees?

Yes......

Are you asking, or telling me yes?

Yes........

8. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Good one. :ahhaha:

9. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

Cowboys..we don't play as often and will shut the cowboy fans up for a few years!

I am greedy and want both!

10. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

I think the desire to beat the Cowboys more than other teams comes not from the team's overall success, but from the general dou¢hebaggery of the fan base. Strategically the Colts win is a no brainer. Emotionally dealing with Cowboyfan if the Texans lose to Dallas is another story.

Still, I chose the Colts because the goal of the playoffs is better served with a division win vs. an out of conference win.

Brandon420tx likes this.
  11. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Division games = x2

That being said, I wanna rout the 'Boys in week 3, I want it bad :)

12. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Winnah! :)

13. Scooter

Scooter Funky

i'd rather beat the cowboys in february than september. if i were "friends" with an abundance of 'girls fans my opinion might change, but winning our division and getting into the playoffs is the goal this season ... cowpies as non-division and non-conference are barely recognizable on that path.

Brandon420tx likes this.
  14. Craig.

Craig. Nosebleeds

This thread brings the lulz

15. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Just proves that Texan fans are smarter than Cowboy fans by a long shot! This is a NO BRAINER for any Texan fan who wants to see us in the playoffs!!

BEAT THE COLTS!!!!!!!!

It's fun to harass Cowboy fans though! But, if they beat us in week three, then so be it!! It's only ONE game, and one game will NOT keep us out of the playoffs. Losing to the Colts just might!! We lost to the Cowboys the last time we played them in reg season, and I don't remember that being such a big deal.

Brandon420tx likes this.
  16. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I definitely like to beat the Cowboys, but what I really care about, beyond just winning in and of itself of course, is getting further into the playoffs than them, winning SBs while they're still talking about the 90s, etc. Those are the things I want this team to do, and we've gotta start by imposing some of that will on the freaking Colts....not to mention the rest of our division. 1-5 in our division was completely unacceptable last year and it's pretty amazing that Kubiak has impressed me enough otherwise that I haven't spent the whole offseason screaming for his head.

Beating the Cowboys is fun and will count for something in the regular season, but we've got some real work to do. Only way I'd care more about beating the Cowboys than the Colts is if we see them in early 2011.

17. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

This

18. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

If we beat the Colts, we had BETTER beat the Cowboys, or I'm going to mad as hell.

The Texans were clearly the superior team against the Cowboys on Saturday. But having said that, I noticed something else that stuck out like a sore thumb. For whatever reason and/or reasons, their offensive line sucks.

The crux of my football logic has always held that the offensive line is the backbone of any football team. If it's weak, then it doesn't really matter how strong the rest of it is.

Cowboy fans are in for really long season this year. Because of the OL, they aren't going to have a running game, Romo isn't going to have time to throw the ball, and the defense is going to be exhausted from being on the field too long.

If they end up better than 5-11, I'll be surprised.

19. dinkatoid

dinkatoid Veteran

The cowboys did not have their real O line playing the game. I believe they had 2 backups in. I know they had Barron in at LT who is their swing tackle, though that spot is kinda strange cause they have a new LT this year as it is. They also had a different guard in IIRC. Even still, it wont be what it was last year for them, so it will be some growing pains.

I am one of the odd ones out that voted for the Cowboys. I know the Colts in the division are a big deal, but I kinda feel like expecting to go 2-0 against them might be rough. I would be pretty happy with a 1-1 split this year, working our way to sweeping them next year. There really is no reason that we should lose to the Jags or Titans, so even taking a loss in game 1 and winning the rest of the division games puts us at 5-1, which I am ok with :P

20. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

Anyone who is a Texans fan and remotely understand football, Colts.

/endthread

Brandon420tx likes this.