Which RB would you like to see in Battle Red next year?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gtexan02, Mar 13, 2008.

?

Which RB do you want as our starter this year

1. Shaun Alexander

6 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. Chris Brown

12 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. Ahman Green

10 vote(s)
    12.2%
  4. Chris Taylor

18 vote(s)
    22.0%
  5. Darius Walker

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. Kevin Jones

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  7. A Rookie

23 vote(s)
    28.0%
  8. Other

5 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Its a poll, for all the rumored available RBs out there, who do you want to see as our starter this year?

2. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Well I have been pushing for Stewart but not too sure how his injured toe will come into play. Mendenhall if there? I think Jamaal Charles would be great in the ZBS but few agree. I'll say Forte on second day. None of the FA candidates have excited me.

3. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Picky, picky! ha!

4. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

You don't think he is too beat up?

5. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

The more I think about it, the more I like Chris Brown. He is still young and has great talent. He obviously has had issues with injuries, but I don't think he was injured last season. The Tacks just decided to give White the job. Injury situations can come and go, unless the back is on the wrong side of 30, in which case they usually never go. Given the proper contract, I think Brown is our best chance to end up with a gamebreaker with low risk. Alexander's accomplishments are well known, and I think people tend to not let go soon enough. He's finished. Sure, he might have a game or two, but it would just be Ahman Green all over again, IMO.

6. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

I can't seem to find the Dayne train on the list... :thinking:

7. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

I'm the lone person in Ahmans corner...so far at least.

I'm an optimist, but I think he'll still give us plenty to cheer about this season.

:texflag:

8. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

I'm with ya. I hope Brown/Green will be a good tandem if we do in fact end up signing Brown.

9. IlliniJen

IlliniJen Hall of Fame

Mendenhall plz. Not that I'm biased or anything.

10. RipTraxx

RipTraxx Free Agent

Jones seems to have the least injury problems.....averaged 1000 yds a season. Close to 4 yards a carry. Great hands, young.....i say lets do it.

Now if we get Brown AND him? I think rest of our division should get some extra gym time.

11. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

this isn't going to well considering I just heard the Texans have signed Chris Brown & nobody (yet) has selected your newest Houston Texan :logo:

12. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Tashard Choice

13. PHAROAH

PHAROAH All Pro

I would prefer Rashard Mendenhall, Ray Rice or Johnathon Stewart as my first choice of runners over any of those verterans who could cost more than a rookie. I think we need to continue to build through the draft like most great teams have done unless we take a flyer on a young talent like Kevin Jones and give him a change of scenery from that horrible franchise in detroit. I think if we do take a chance on Kevin Jones I think that we should still draft a running back in the 3rd round maybe a guy like steve slaton to go with him and make a nice 1-2 punch.

14. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

This injury thing is getting overblown. Brown has missed one game due to injury in the last three years.

Man, how do you average? Jones was a 1000 yd back his rookie year and hasn't gone over 690 yds since. Oh, and averaging close to 4 yards sucks.

Brown has signed, so everyone needs to give up on Alexander, Jones and Dayne.

15. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Anyone but what we have.

Allen/Wells/Mack/Davis/Danye/Green/Lundi/Taylor/Walker

How many times can we fail? Shoot, one outta 9 looked decent for a season and a half? Other than that it has been mediocre

16. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I love being right, i voted for brown ...:thinking:

except I voted after i read about the signing
    :elle:

17. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I voted for the rookie as I'm not convinced about anyone on the roster right now, nor about this Chris Brown fellow they signed today.

18. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

I voted Chris Brown.

I would love to have Mendenhall on the team but that is not going to happen. Stewart's lack of a second gear, and his two issue coupled with our need at other positions probably means no 1st or 2nd round RB...so I think the best option might be Brown.

19. PHAROAH

PHAROAH All Pro

This guy can't play a full season are you kidding I say fill the need at running back with either Mendenhall or Stewart. I think stewart has plenty of speed for 235 running back who ran a 4.47 at the combine so kill that noise and name one running back on our roster who 4.47 speed at that size or period?

20. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I havn't voted for anyone yet, I will talk myself into someone by the end of my post. :cool:

I would love to see Ahman Green as our starter because that would probably mean he was healthy and able to play, however with the signing of Chris Brown (I think), if we have Green AND Brown then that would leave very few other spots for Chris Taylor, Darius Walker, and the rookie we WILL draft somewhere (not 1st round unless it's Mendenhall- then he'd be the starter but he'll be selected before us anyways). I cannot see us having 5 RB's. (This is assuming we don't sign Brown and then release him before the season).

With Brown and Green currently on the roster, I don't really like the idea of having Taylor, Walker, or the new Rook as our starting runningback. I really would like to see these 3 players all on the team. I hope the Rook becomes our Starter down the road (year 2+) but not this year. If Taylor is fully healed, he'd be awesome on the team as a starter or great backup. and I like what Walker showed us towards the end of the season, In my mind he deserves a back up role on the team.

So by process of elimination I will choose... :thinking: ..thinking.... Chris Brown to be our starter for next year. This kind of troubles me because I really like Ahman Green but i simply can't see us keeping both players and Green would probably be the better player to cut financially for the next few years.

If Brown gets cut in camp then I choose Green hoping/assuming he's healthy but now my choice is Brown. I will go vote now. :)