Which RB goes Lundy,Gado,Dayne or Taylor?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by ib4texans, Dec 6, 2006.

?

Which Rb stays Lundy,Gado,Dayne or Taylor

Poll closed Dec 11, 2006.
  1. Lundy Stays?

70.2%
  2. Gado Stays?

27.4%
  3. Dayne Stays?

26.2%
  4. Taylor Stays?

28.6%
  1. ib4texans

ib4texans Veteran

Just wondering which one you think has stood out to make the case for keeping him. I know Taylor is a little behind the curve. It's mainly the first 3 that you can consider relatively close.

2. ib4texans

ib4texans Veteran

I think Lundy for sure because he has performed well and has a chance to grow.
    Dayne hasn't shown me the consistency Gado has yet and Taylor is too much of an unknown.

3. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

JMO, but we need to take a look at everyone--including Taylor--that is on the practice squad...we have nothing to lose by seeing what these guys can or can not do...

4. ib4texans

ib4texans Veteran

I agree,we just can't have these four at Half-Back and Cook and Leache at Full-Back. I like Lundy,Gado, & Leache,but would like to see Taylor.

5. brewhaus

brewhaus All Pro

Lundy stays...period. But, WTF happened with Dayne last week? It was like, he was running to keep his job......He looked for real against Oakland.
    Was that just because, "It was Oakland"?

6. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

I only saw future in Lundy until last weeks game against Oakland. I thought Dayne did a heck of a job running the ball. If he can do that some more, then he should stay along with Lundy and our new draft pick, 1st rounder, if they pick a RB in the 1st round...

7. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

I think Christ Taylor needs a shot this upcoming game. Gado is a stay, as well as Lundy. Dayne is up in the air.

8. SLO Texan

SLO Texan Veteran

I chose Lundy but I agree that we need to look at Taylor.

I would think this week would be a good time as the Titans give up the second most rushing yards in the AFC.

Dayne looked good last week in the 2nd half so I think we should let him try to pound it out again in the end.

So start Lundy and throw Taylor in the mix until the end of the game.(Considering we have the lead):twocents:

9. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

Dec. 6: Signed RB Chris Taylor from the practice squad to the active roster. Waived WR Derrick Lewis and signed him to the practice squad.

10. Cheroqui

Cheroqui Veteran

Lundy stays, Taylor gets a chance in training camp next year to beat out the other 4-5 RB's we will try. Dayne and Gado go as a double deal for one slightly lack lustered Veteran RB that still has something left or just wants out from thier team kind of like an uummmm... Corey Dillon. Uhhh Yeah that sounds pretty good. :spy:

11. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Gado has been solid whenever he has actually been put in the game. No idea why he hasnt been in there more.

Lundy, Gado, and Taylor were my picks.. though id prefer to drop taylor and draft another late round RB.. one cut back with some homerun speed would be nice.

12. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

I think there needs to be none of the above category. We could see three or four of these guys stay or zero. People may have thier favorite, but noone (even Kubiak) has a handle on the Houston RB situation quarter to quarter or game to game much less in 2007.

13. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Oakland's run defense isn't that great, their defensive line is stout, but their overall defense is ranked 3rd. Everytime I saw Dayne run into a pile or get hit at the line I was like here we go again, then you see him either break out of the pile or carry a pile of defenders 5 yards I was like WTF. I say we keep all 4 just in case we have another DD situation or unless we plan on drafting a RB in the upcoming draft.

14. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I highly doubt all four will be gone. At least one on the list will be back next year. I've got to think Lundy is a lock, but Dayne, Samkon, and Chris all need to prove the rest of this year that they're roster eligible.

15. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

I believe that any of the first three should stay around and provide decent HB depth.

I voted for Taylor because I think we need to keep him around until he has a chance to prove that he is or is not the answer.

I'd be happy to see 2 of those 4 here in TC with a fit and healthy DD or another guy who can be featured.

Actually I would be happier if we could get a superstar back and have DD back that guy up.

16. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

My argument for the possibility is that none of them has secured any type of consistent role. We know what Dayne is and I believe he is a FA. the other three are still under the control of the Texans and won't cost anything significant, so from that status they are more likelyto stay. We don't really know about Taylor, but Lundy and Gado don't seem to have any special quality as runners. I know that the belief that Denver's system can plug and play "anybody" in the RB position, but I think that is more myth than most. For example, there has been a huge difference in the running game with Tatum versus Mike Bell even this year. The Texans won't have a consistent running game until they get above average talent in the backfield.

17. ib4texans

ib4texans Veteran

I say Lundy HB and Leache at FB, after that you could clean house. Lundy is a keeper because he catches alot out of the back field,it's painfully obviouse that is a quality needed in this offense.

18. yourfavoritetexan42

yourfavoritetexan42 Veteran

people act like oaklands DEFENSE is horrible... Their defense isn't too bad... their offense is horrible...but their defense isnt that bad. Ron Dayne just showed a flash of what he was capable of.

19. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Which Rb stays Lundy,Gado,Dayne or Taylor?

Yes........... Whatever it takes to win...

20. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

I think we could use an upgrade at this position. None of those guys have been very impressive and I will not be shocked if Kubiak takes one high in the draft next year. During this draft Kubiak tried to move up for DeAngelo Williams while still under the assumption that Davis would be back and none of these guys have performed on Davis' level.