Which QB will be waived?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hottoddie, Jun 12, 2014.

?

Which QB will be waived?

1. Fitzgerald

1.9%
  2. Savage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Keenum

39.0%
  4. Yates

59.0%
  1. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Hall of Fame

It's being reported that OB wants to go into training camp with only 3 QB's. So, who do you feel will be the odd man out?

EDIT: It should be Fitzpatrick, instead of Fitzgerald. I had a brain fart. :D

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  2. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Hall of Fame

I wanted to vote for Yates, but I can't shake the feeling it's going to be Keenum.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Hall of Fame

I think Yates will be cut. One thing that's been noted about keenum is his exuberance for the game. OB likes football guys. I think keenum fits the offense a little better...jmo. I also think he has the higher upside.

I never got the feeling from Yates that he was dying to be a starter. I just didn't get the vibe that he wanted to be the guy...the leader.

But I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes there. Going to be interesting to discuss when it happens.

4. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I picked the wrong guy, LOL. :kubepalm:
    I meant to pick Yates.

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

I think Yates fits the mold that OB looks for in a QB and according to rumors, they had an offer for a late round pick in the last draft for Yates and declined.

So I think Keenum is going to be cut but I hope not because I really don't like Yates.

6. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

^^This ^^

7. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

I honestly think that Keenum's hometown fanfare is gonna keep him on the roster and conversely get Yates cut.

Sad really b/c honestly he and Keenum are more alike than they are different in terms of their upside. Yet some fans have no problem making a definitive judgement on Yates but have come up with every excuse in the world for Keenum.

8. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

I think of Yates these days as a "camp arm", he was chosen specifically to run Kubiak's system. The only way I see BoB hanging on to him is he sees more upside than Keenum.

9. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

I remember reading that Yates had injury concerns that affected his chances of winning the backup job last season. I can't search for a source for that since I'm at work.

What works in Keenum's favor is that he has more of a tendency to keep his eyes downfield, and he's accurate.

10. Nitrofish

Nitrofish Pastafarian

Who the hell is Fitzgerald?

11. No Worries

No Worries Rookie

I hope that it is Fitzpatrick. That would mean that he got outplayed by both Yates and Keenum. Fitzpatrick is a placehoilder. The faster he is gone, the better it will be for the Texans.

12. Nitrofish

Nitrofish Pastafarian

When did 54.2% become accurate?

13. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Personally, I'd like to cut both Keenum and Yates. Given the fact there will be a lot of players cut over the next couple months, I think it's a distinct possibility.

I had to choose one, so I chose Keenum. A lot has been made of the prototypical O'Brien QB and Keenum doesn't fit. Plus, he was really bad toward the end of the season. He refused to take check downs and hot routes when they were running wide open underneath. He either couldn't or chose not to read blitzes that my mom could see. Always tried to win the game in one play.

Corrosion likes this.
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Prepare to be flamed by the Keenum Fan Club.

I don't at all disagree with your assessment.

15. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Keenum. Let him find a new home maybe Baltimore or Cleveland let him test the market for better situation now so that he can catch on with another team.

I don't need Yates to be a starter just reliable, cheap insurance in back-up roll. Great young man, keeps quiet, minds his buisness & never I mean never complains.

Fitzpatrick has a couple years here to bring experience & leadership to the table for younger guys. Not costing much either!

Savage should groom into starters role but will have to earn it.

16. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Fitzgerald, Keenpatrick, or Yavage.

17. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Yeah, and that's fine. I still have all the games recorded (no clue why) and crank one up when ever there's nothing worth watching on TV. It truly is painful to watch. Especially later in the season where teams knew he struggled under pressure.

By no means am I saying Yates is that much better. I just think Yates would at least take what the defense gives him

18. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Only one of them has won a playoff game, iirc. :evil:

Bye bye Case. :BananaWav

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

It was apparent in the very first game he started (KC). On multiple occasions they bring only 4 defenders but would do so by overloading one side or the other and he failed to recognize it and make the adjustment in protection & route combination (hot route). Those were things he did have the ability to change within the scope of Kubiak's audible system.

That pretty much became par for the course as the season wore on.

I'd give him a pass for that first game or two had he shown improvement in that aspect as the season went on but it appeared to me he got worse , not better.

HOU-TEX likes this.
  20. NCTexan

NCTexan Hall of Fame

I fully expect Yates to surprise some people here this preseason.

Yates has always dealt with getting more **** than he deserved (at UNC it was similar), and he always improved and got better. I don't see this being any different.

Yes, I'm full UNC homer here.