Which Playoff Team Would You Rather the Texans be?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TheCD, May 20, 2006.

1. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

If you didn't have a choice of a dynasy (a la New England, Dallas, San Fransisco, etc.), what team would you rather us be?

1. Always a contender, but never in the Super Bowl (Like Manning's Colts)

2. Many Super Bowl trips but never win one (E.G. Buffalo in the 90's)

or

3. One and Done...You get the one Super Bowl but don't even come close to it again for a long, long, looooong time (I'm talking 20+ years). Not even a playoff berth...

2. ensign_lee

ensign_lee Site Contributor

Owie...those choices hurt, but um...

I guess A)Always a contender, but never in the Super Bowl (Like the recent Broncos)

It'll at least make the regular season better. I'd hate to be like Tampa was a little bit back.

3. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

I'll take A. Why? Because we might catch that break one year and get to one.:yahoo:

4. JAXwithanX

JAXwithanX Veteran

I don't get how 1 is possibly better than 2? Being in the Super Bowl every year obviously means you were a contender in the regular season AND did well enough in the playoffs to make the Super Bowl (2). Why would you choose just being a contender and not ever getting to the SB (1)?

and the whole option 3. isn't going to ever mean anything to anyone unless you are pulling a Red Sox thing and people are spending their whole lived cheering for a team who can't put it together. not exactly the Texans situation.

5. mancunian

mancunian Daleks Rule

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irela
    Yeah I'd agree with that....you get to the play offs and ANYTHING can happen....look at the Steelers last year. 3 play off wins on the road and noone thought they'd be able to do that.

6. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

The team that wins.

7. DominickDavisFan76

DominickDavisFan76 Veteran

Well I am a Texan Fan now so I say win one NOW! and be done wit it.

8. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

Understandable...

But the options are that 1 means you never get to the Super Bowl, 2 means you never win but get a bunch of chances in a given time period (like the Bills did) and 3 get that one but never come close for a generation or two.

9. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

I just want to have hope going into the season, hope in November/December and some hope in January. Obviously, every fan wants championships, but I want to be entertained. As long as they are competitive and it looks like they have a shot, the season will be a lot of fun.

By the way, I'd gladly forfeit a superbowl win in order to see my team come back from 32 points in the second half of a playoff game. A game like that is more rewarding than any superbowl victory is.

10. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Better to be the second best team in league then the 4th best. Would be dissapointing to lose the SB over and over, but atleast we would be winning the AFC over and over.

11. Oilers/Texans

Oilers/Texans Veteran

I'd like #2 because....you are IN THE SUPER BOWL!!!! If you keep going, you'll eventually win some of them. I want the Super Bowl as many times as I can get it!!

12. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

See the Buffalo Bills.

13. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

#2 definately, I would love to be in the Super Bowl often, that's what great teams do. The only thing you can do better is win one, and I'm sure if we go a lot we'll eventually win one.

14. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

If i had to choose between being the Colts, the Bills, or the Lions.. ill take choice A (the colts).

Choice B SOUNDS fun.. but you dont hear people talking about the great Bills organization do ya? At least with option A, we may not be in the superbowl, but we will get plenty of respect around the league.. and the seasons would be interesting.

15. Tex Trenches

Tex Trenches Veteran

It would be hard to root for a team that you knew would never be a champion. I'll take #3 and cherish the moment for life.

16. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I agree. I would have my desktop wallpaper be David Carr holding up the Lombardi in a storm of confetti... while being lifted up by Super Mario.

:cool:

17. sakebomb

sakebomb Hall of Fame

The Oilers and Astros were/are option A and it sucked. It was frustrating as all hell. I'm sure it wasn't fun being a Bills fan either. All those Super Bowl loses. Man that sucks.

I'll take the Super Bowl victory any day of the week.

18. touttail

touttail All Pro

I just want a respectable team on the field, not an embarassment. Some one you can be proud of and yell for! The playoffs will come!!!!

Bobby 119C:ok:

19. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

option 1 for me.. because when we get to the playoffs that means we have a chance.. also one reason I am glad we went defense in the draft..defenses win championships ... offenses well..look at the Colts..they rolled over everyone for 13 weeks.. 13 weeks for the AFC playoff bound teams to study game film of that offense and shut it down.. and it happened again.

20. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Denver Broncos when John Elway was there.